Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Suggestions

Stop players canceling transfers (4)

eng Dragontao >> saturday march 25 - 11:45
Extremely frustrating when you've been trying to sell a player for a week, you get a bid and then receive the message:

"The transfer of Jonathan Rodham was canceled. Jonathan Rodham reacted in the media that although he was flattered by the interest shown in him he didn't feel like leaving Young Dragons just yet."

Apart from being frustrating for a number of reasons.

It could be argued that you still have the option of selling to the bank, but apart from the fact it's less money, when you have a bid on a player, why would a player refuse a transfer when the alternative is to effectively be dumped out of the game altogether by being sold to the bank.

That fact makes these cancellations ridiculous, The message might as well read: "I'd rather be dumped out of the game and become an unemployed has been than carry on playing football".
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
hr Eddie >> saturday march 25 - 12:07
I thought this was changed. It was only supposed to stay for loans.

And you can't sell him to the bank without putting him for a transfer again cause this option is available only "if there are no bids".
hr Eddie
Registered2014-05-03
eng Dragontao >> saturday march 25 - 12:27
Yep, well it clearly happened to me today, he was not up for a loan, had a bid on his market value. A week of trying to sell the player. Finally get a bid and think, great. Then you get that message.

It messed up my plans to buy a new striker, Improving my attack was a key area identified after scoring goals was a major problem last season. As well as at least one better midfielder (which I signed).

which in turn makes it even more likely I'll get relegated this season (especially with the tweaks to the ME)m having just scraped to safety this time around.

I also need to sell a couple of players to free up squad places for the a new signing and new youths. It's all finely balanced.

You make plans, look at who you are going to sell, work pout finances, take time over it and then all that time is wasted because of this,

little things like this do not help managers who actually plan in advance manage their team efficiently. It's these little things that make me want to quit.
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng Dragontao >> saturday march 25 - 15:55, Edited saturday march 25 - 19:15
... and to add insult to injury, getting player shortlist alerts as managers who have not been able to sell the players I was interested in relist them because they had no bidders.

Fantastic.

Edit:

Well if the ridiculousness is to continue, at least add a fourth automatic option: "If player cancels transfer, sell to bank".

Which, if nobody had bid would have been an option and I'd have at least been able to bid on one of the players I had earmarked.
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2