Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Locked Season 13 updates: what's new? (423)

nl Vincent de Boer >> monday october 20 - 11:43
We have finished the updates to the match engine and players that we planned for the upcoming season.

For now, these changes are experimental and only used in test matches that you can now start (under matches, and then friendlies).

The changes include an updated match engine, but also changes to the way players work and a lot of new special attributes for players. The match engine changes will become official in season 14 (after one season of testing). The player changes take effect for all players that enter the game after today's update.

All of the changes are explained in more detail in the help:
http://rockingsoccer.com/nl/voetbal/help/home/category-11/article-69

We believe these changes are a big step to keep the game interested in the long run. They aim to create a better long-term balance, reduce the random factor in the match engine, add more choices to how you build and develop your team, and make the game more fun.

We hope that with the soft introduction you will have enough time to get familiar with and adapt to the changes and won't be caught by surprise when these changes will be applied to official matches.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
us Maverick >> monday october 20 - 11:50
We'll see
us Maverick
Registered2013-08-13
au Capernicus >> monday october 20 - 11:52, Edited monday october 20 - 11:58
It does sound like there will be more depth and varied training now, might be interesting.

Edit: The news article sounds like a small change, on reading the help file the new changes sound awesome and will make the game a lot more interesting and unpredictable. Huge changes. I love it.
au Capernicus
User
Registered2013-04-01
in Arko >> monday october 20 - 11:58
how can i play a test match???
in Arko
User
Registered2014-03-19
in Mohun Bagan
eng Dragontao >> monday october 20 - 12:09
I like some of the 2.0 player updates. Roaming will actually be useful in the way I thought it might be useful (but isn;t). It will work well with playmaker and man marker I think, as well as for the second striker positions.

It might be a bit confusing for a while trying to figure out the best way to train players but will definitely create more variety.

One question on the versatile attribute. the help file says a player can use blocking as dueling, but can they use another attribute as blocking?

If we have a versatile player in the team, and a goalkeeper is injured after already having a substitute keeper on, will the versatile player automatically be placed in goal as, if the answer is yes, or would the match engine place the player with the best blocking in goal (where the versatile attribute might make another player a better candidate).

Also, if we monitor players after each match is played, would we be able to assess for ourselves the effect/% of the training morale on his experience, i.e a player would normally get 500 xp per match but gets 520, we'd be able to see how good (or bad) his training morale is and would that be a constant?

Here's to hoping for a hardworking super talent with high training morale. :-)
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng Dragontao >> monday october 20 - 12:10
@ Arko

Go to my matches, friendlies, challenge someone and where you set the time and type of match, test match has been added to the list with normal and U21.
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
mt zio_pey >> monday october 20 - 12:22
I don't agree with more cards, expecially reds...but will see :)
mt zio_pey
User
Registered2013-05-21
tw Ronin >> monday october 20 - 12:40
athletic, dirty, short, supersub, popular, intelligent, tournament player, versatile, setting walls (i guess for goalie), man marker, winger, long shot...

awesome...
tw Ronin
Registered2013-07-25
kn Nehemiah >> monday october 20 - 12:58
Setting walls is only for goalie, in training centre only goalies can train this as well.
kn Nehemiah
Registered2013-04-14
lv DJ_EV >> monday october 20 - 13:15
Well, some nice stuff here. :)
lv DJ_EV
Registered2014-07-04
il Jordy Cruijff >> monday october 20 - 13:17, Edited monday october 20 - 13:50
Why such huge disadvantage for the players who are now (I mean 3K more for fixed training)?
Pay bit more for fixed doesn't composente such thing, besides, most of good kids now have enough fixed (4+), so need only one training, max will be too, but that's really not much (only 20% penalty)... So I think the 3K is way too much, should be like 500,1K max, or better, maybe just increase a bit the fixed time+trainings+credits for "old" player only...

Besides, I really can't get the idea of giving a free, secured, youth10 supertalent for just 40M for VIPs only, how non-VIPs should be able to compete?

Except that, good changes, but it's big except I think (Well, mainly the 2nd).
il Jordy Cruijff
Registered2013-04-08
no Lied >> monday october 20 - 13:22
I will take some time to process all the changes, but so far I'm positive that the changes are a step in the right direction.

@Vincent

Do you think it will ever be possible to untrain a special attribute? With all these new ones I think that might be a good feature.
no Lied
Registered2013-04-28
tr Mavi >> monday october 20 - 13:36
The training morale is a small hidden part of the talent and a hidden bonus/penalty on how much experience a player gest from matches. Depending on the training morale, a player can have 0.5 ball talent more or less (or anything in between) than what is shown. He can also get -20% to +20% experience for every match he plays.

Both the talent and the match experience part are composed of two parts. One part is fixed for the player and the other part is randomly decided each season. This means that the training morale can be different each season, but some players will have on average better morale than others. The average values are most common. Very high or very low training morales will be rare.

So there will be two hidden values? first one is assigned to talent and can never change. second one is only affecting match experience and can change seasonal right? I am going to translate this but i need to understand how it works.

Btw, for overall these changes are great. There are so many good additions. well done vincent.
tr Mavi
Admin
Registered2013-02-14
tr Just Looking Around FC
in Mr. Arpit >> monday october 20 - 13:45
Awesome and Great Changes+++
However I didn't like giving 1 token for a Test match, why not it be 0.5 token?
in Mr. Arpit
User
Registered2013-12-09
in Thundering Pune
it Echo >> monday october 20 - 13:54, Edited monday october 20 - 19:23
I read the articles fastly, but my first impression is very good!

Only one thing: I would make the "super sub" effective only if the the substitution comes in the 2nd half , or at least after 30 minutes, otherwise we will see a lot of senseless "1st minutes subs".

Edit: I just read the detailed description, and "super sub" works when he enters in the second half, so well done.
it Echo
User
Registered2013-05-23