Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Match plans tweak (25)

nl Vincent de Boer >> thursday july 28 - 10:58
As you must have noticed we introduced a few match engine changes this season. Now that a few rounds have been played with the new code we have evaluated the results. Based on that and on feedback we have received from the community we decided to slightly reduce the impact of the match plans. Especially the impact of big win and minimize defeat.

The new settings will take effect for matches starting after the 30th of juli 00:01 (UTC). That's not the current playing round and not the next one but the one after that.

Thanks to everyone who shared their experiences with the new engine. Together we can keep improving our game.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
nl Koen >> thursday july 28 - 11:18
Hm, puzzling. From what I noticed, and the general consensus as far as I can see, was especially the impact of 'settle for a draw' that was particularly overpowered. I haven't seen anything about the big win at all, only about the impact of the defensive matchplans. So I am curious why these tweaks were chosen.
My two cents: The matchplans have far too big an impact on the game. Choosing a matchplan can make up for many hundreds of thousands worth of xp in players, and having the best players is therefore no longer very relevant. In my opinion a matchplan should make some difference if teams are almost equal, but not much more then that. Which is definately not the case at the moment.
Based on the above: I would like to see the impact of matchplans reduced by a lot, and the defensive ones in particular.
nl Koen
Registered2013-03-21
nl Vincent de Boer >> thursday july 28 - 11:40
@Koen: all the match plans were reduced. Play to win and settle for draw are sort of symmetrical and so are big win and minimize defeat.

Settle for a draw is reduced as well, but not as much as minimize defeat.
The effect of defensive plans was reduced a little more than the offensive ones.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
eng Kezza >> thursday july 28 - 11:44, Edited thursday july 28 - 11:45
Personally speaking I have enjoyed these new settings and have not encountered any issues (apart from the usual random luck). If your reducing the impact of big win/minimize defeat you have to reduce the impact of all the match plans equally (edit.. ok fair enough :)).

Match Plans is a great idea, but changing the effect all the time is just going to aggravate everyone.

You have created a great game, but things shouldn't be changed just because a handful of people don't like it (or cant adapt).. anyway just my 2p's worth
eng Kezza
Registered2013-02-07
ir amirhosein >> thursday july 28 - 11:51
"go for bg win" is much fun for me, I enjoyed it, why some people were against it?
ir amirhosein
User
Registered2014-12-20
ir Crown of Asia
pt Sir Alex >> thursday july 28 - 11:51, Edited thursday july 28 - 11:55
:/

I agree with Kezza!
pt Sir Alex
User
Registered2013-05-04
pt Sir Alex >> thursday july 28 - 11:52
´go for a big win` means we suffer a lot of goals also.. i have 3X more goals conceded this season...
pt Sir Alex
User
Registered2013-05-04
eng ipfreely >> thursday july 28 - 12:13
There have been too many goals scored and conceded this season so if the effect of the match plan on goalscoring is reduced, I would welcome it. 4 goals per game is not realistic.
eng ipfreely
User
Registered2013-12-08
vi Lollapa Losers
eng Tottenham Hotspur >> thursday july 28 - 13:02
Well I've used the play for a draw a few times against stronger opposition, believing from what I'd read that was the point, to minimise defeat or to hopefully draw, yet that doesn't happen that often and I've certainly not noticed any adverse effects. Opposition still win most of the time if they have a better team and surely that's right? Then again I was never in favour of having all these blasted things in the first place and said as much at the time but most people were in favour. Now it seems it won't be worth using defensive plans at all and I'm sure others will see it that way too and start using the big wins or score early etc so I suppose give it time and those will be reduced later too?! :P
eng Tottenham Hotspur
User
Registered2013-09-04
nz Luke Broadcast >> thursday july 28 - 13:17
'settle for a draw' seems BY FAR the most overpowered game plan.

also what Koen said:

"The matchplans have far too big an impact on the game. Choosing a matchplan can make up for many hundreds of thousands worth of xp in players, and having the best players is therefore no longer very relevant. In my opinion a matchplan should make some difference if teams are almost equal, but not much more then that."
nz Luke Broadcast
Registered2013-09-18
es spectra >> thursday july 28 - 13:37
I completely agree with Kezza, I enjoyed these new settings, and I would have liked them to remain unchanged, at least for one whole season...
es spectra
Registered2013-10-11
hr Eddie >> thursday july 28 - 13:43
Torres, I have opposite experience about "settle for a draw". And I've watched many matches. It does what it's expected to do, but it isn't anything magical. It works if you use it correctly, it doesn't if you don't. Same goes for the opponent of "settle for a draw" team.
hr Eddie
Registered2014-05-03
ca Will >> thursday july 28 - 14:00, Edited thursday july 28 - 14:11
Thanks for keeping us updated @Vincent. Always truly appreciated.

I completely agree with @Kezza's words above. (edit) And spectra + Eddie.

I also trust that the Devs, who are the only ones with access to statistically meaningful data, are making decisions based on proper sample size, and not early speculation.
ca Will
User
Registered2015-03-21
tr Mavi >> thursday july 28 - 14:20
Why do give people different options and take them away after two weeks? If anyone is not comfortable with new plans they could still play with default tactics, which i do very often, actually most of the time. Some people really enjoy big win and quick start, people like frenzy mode after countless boring seasons.
tr Mavi
Admin
Registered2013-02-14
tr Just Looking Around FC
tr Mavi >> thursday july 28 - 14:23
Btw, i agree with defensive tactics need to be reduced more than others. But i dont like major (major to relative to others) reduces on big win and minimize defeat.
tr Mavi
Admin
Registered2013-02-14
tr Just Looking Around FC