Forum : Engleski rss-feed

Ovo je forum za Engleski jezik. Ako želite nešto objaviti ovdje, služite se samo ovim jezikom. Odgovori i teme na drugim jezicima će biti obrisani bez obavještenja. Probleme koje uočite na igrici objavite na "bug" forumu, a za ostale teme provjerite je pravi forum za njih.

Engleski >> Stvarni fudbal

European Super League (80)

il Numpty >> ponedjeljak april 19 - 15:35, Promjenjeno ponedjeljak april 19 - 15:44

On a wider issue @Holt makes a very good point... "playing the sport is the greatest experience". 

For me there have always been essentially 2 types of fans. Those that have played the game and those that haven't. One tends to have a more 'pure' approach to simply liking football as a game and the other tends to have a strong allegiance to a specific club. Of course it's not black and white but more of a spectrum and some will fall in the middle. 

As I played a lot in my younger days I tend to watch matches from the point of view of a player - and this gives me a good insight into the game that I'm watching both from a tactical point of view and also the skills themselves. Can I do what they're doing - although maybe not as well - or was that something special that was beyond my ability? Same with mistakes. 

For those who may be interested I played at around level 10 on the English pyramid system, this would be a level or two below the weaker semi-pros and the pro reserve sides. I played against one or two in the county cups and got a roasting! :)

il Numpty
Korisnik
Registrovan2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Dragontao >> ponedjeljak april 19 - 16:38

I also played the sport for many years, County League level, playing against players like Paul Moody (Oxford Utd, before he turned pro) and Steve Claridge (when he was at Weymouth), plus a fair few former pros. Also had a season ticket at Chelsea for well over 20 years until about 4 years ago. Used to go to a lot of games when I could while I was playing myself.

For me it's about the destruction of the domestic game and total devaluation of the Premier League.

What is the point of a Premier League where the money these 6 get will mean, more than ever, it's likely that 1 of them will win the league every year. Top 4 (or even 6) won't matter as they are guaranteed their place in the super league.

7 th to 11/12th will get a place in a devalued UEFA competition, although the "big six" migh5 occupy some of those places but still get a seat at the top table. 

Sporting merit goes out of the window. It's a kick in the teeth for the likes of West Ham and Leicester this season.

Wages and transfer fees will become even more inflated, with smaller clubs raped of their hot prospects even more.

I hope the 6 are expelled from the Premier League, but doubt it will happen because of the financial implications.

The whole thing makes me sick. Official Chelsea club forums are full of people with that opinion.

Chelsea supporters trust has that opinion, along with greater than 90% of its members.

Chelsea Pitch Owners, of which I'm a shareholder,  are looking at options. They hold the freehold of the ground and rights to the name Chelsea FC, effectively allowing a team that plays at Stamford Bridge to use the name Chelsea FC.

How long before the American backers want an American team in this league and one of them takes their franchise off to the States.

eng Dragontao
Korisnik
Registrovan2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
ee Taavi >> ponedjeljak april 19 - 17:01

It will be even more painful being an Arsenal fan , but in reality i dont watch alot of football anymore , the occasional Arsenal final , Estonian NT match. Idk why but football is getting less interesting for me.

ee Taavi
Admin zajednice
Registrovan2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
eng Stephen >> ponedjeljak april 19 - 17:30

You're growing up @Taavi. That is what's going on :)

eng Stephen
Glavni administrator
Registrovan2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Stephen >> ponedjeljak april 19 - 17:36

@Numpty - two types of fan? I'm not sure I agree with your observation about that at all. I've more seen the ones who play and have a strong affiliation to a club. Maybe it's a regional thing, but that's my experience.

What I have seen is a lot of people of my generation becoming increasingly disconnected with the game. A surprising number I know have turned to watching non-league, as they're sick of the modern game. I never saw that coming.

eng Stephen
Glavni administrator
Registrovan2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng holt >> ponedjeljak april 19 - 17:37, Promjenjeno ponedjeljak april 19 - 17:45

@Stephen Mosty won't; very rarely have the big matches take off in recent seasons anyways.

I think it boils down to the connect you were talking about. You can't have a club to follow if the players change every three years,managers change within 5 and the diminishment of fan power in certain clubs exacerbates it further.

Also, about a few months ago it was leaked that FIFA themselves are planning on starting an African Super League...

eng holt
Novi
Registrovan2013-05-18
eng Stephen >> ponedjeljak april 19 - 17:50

@Dragontao - interesting, I didn't know that about the Chelsea name. That's quite leverage

eng Stephen
Glavni administrator
Registrovan2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> ponedjeljak april 19 - 18:03, Promjenjeno ponedjeljak april 19 - 18:14

@Stephen - I probably just expressed it badly. 

I guess what I was trying to say was that many people love the game but don't necessarily have a strong allegiance to a particular club. These are typically those that have played a lot themselves but maybe haven't gone to watch that many professional matches. They always preferred playing to watching. I know quite a lot of people like that and that doesn't make them any less of a fan. 

On the other hand there are the 'traditional' fans who do have a strong club allegiance and have supported their club for many years. 

You can of course have both or a mixture of the two. And many will fall into that category. It's really a matter of what aspect is more important in someone's mind. The game of football itself, the history and traditions or the tribalism? 

And going back to when I was a teenager I knew a few contemporaries  who were into the 'gang warfare' aspect. They went to the local league matches just for the potential violence and the fighting. 

That turned me right off being a 'traditional' fan at that age, so I played on a Saturday but wouldn't go anywhere near my local club which seemed foolhardy as it would have been difficult to avoid the troublemakers. Especially as I knew some of them.

il Numpty
Korisnik
Registrovan2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> ponedjeljak april 19 - 18:18

@numpty - I think we were just at cross-purposes. I'd interpreted the word 'fan' in its sense of being a fan of a club. I was talking about a supporter rather than a general fan of the game.

eng Stephen
Glavni administrator
Registrovan2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> ponedjeljak april 19 - 18:23, Promjenjeno ponedjeljak april 19 - 18:30

Well I think it's probably that there are shades of grey, with those 2 aspects at different ends and most fans are in the middle somewhere. 

To quote Vincent on this, lol, we have casual fans, normal fans and fan shop fans. They are all fans. :D :D :D

il Numpty
Korisnik
Registrovan2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Lee >> ponedjeljak april 19 - 19:13

The club owners are delusional if they think they can simply start their own mid-week competition, without impacting the regular league - and I'm pretty sure the players will not relish the thought of having to play twice per week, so will this result in teams playing a weakened side in the domestic league and saving their stars for the Super League?

I hope the Premier League and UEFA do throw the book at the clubs but really it's the owners that need to be punished, not the club employees that had no say in the decision.

I've been a Liverpool fan for over 40 years, and yes I want to see the club play the best teams in Europe, but it has to be earned - that's what makes it so appealing.

eng Lee
Korisnik
Registrovan2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
lv Ar4ers >> ponedjeljak april 19 - 19:13

I support this league because it will cause mayor political changes in European elite

lv Ar4ers
Korisnik
Registrovan2014-12-30
lv Rīgas Dinamo
eng Stephen >> ponedjeljak april 19 - 19:36

Won't it be the opposite of that @Ar4ers?

It'll be the same 15 sides every season, plus 5 qualifiers. I don't understand how this will cause changes in the elite other than to reinforce this further.

@Lee - agreed, without the jeopardy, what's the point?

eng Stephen
Glavni administrator
Registrovan2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
lv Ar4ers >> ponedjeljak april 19 - 20:11

First we need to understand what is really going on. Big clubs which earn and pay big money for UEFA and FIFA want to take power in this birocracy giant, make revolution. If it will not succede then create alternative. Its civil war of football.

lv Ar4ers
Korisnik
Registrovan2014-12-30
lv Rīgas Dinamo
eng Dragontao >> ponedjeljak april 19 - 20:41

@ Stephen. https://www.chelseafc.com/en/cpo

Probably limited in what action they can take to be honest, as long as the club continue to play at Stamford Bridge. It was formed to stop the ground being sold (partly the brainchild of Ken Bates to keep the owners of the ground evicting Chelsea once upon a time. Also if the club ever decided to move from the bridge without fan approval, they coould lose the right to the name.

eng Dragontao
Korisnik
Registrovan2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2