Forum : Engleski rss-feed

Ovo je forum za Engleski jezik. Ako želite nešto objaviti ovdje, služite se samo ovim jezikom. Odgovori i teme na drugim jezicima će biti obrisani bez obavještenja. Probleme koje uočite na igrici objavite na "bug" forumu, a za ostale teme provjerite je pravi forum za njih.

Engleski >> Stvarni fudbal

European Super League (80)

ca Alex Seymour >> utorak april 20 - 20:34

At the end of the day, when this is over and we're having a cold pint in the pub again, we'll all be scratching our heads and wondering how Arsenal ever got an invite in the first place.

ca Alex Seymour
Korisnik
Registrovan2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
il Numpty >> utorak april 20 - 22:20, Promjenjeno utorak april 20 - 23:04

After the withdrawal of the 6 English clubs the league is now renamed as the Spanish-Italian Super League. 

Henceforth known as the SPIT league. 

I cannot confirm the rumours that the Hungarian clubs will be invited to replace the English clubs, and would naturally be called the Spanish Hungarian Italian league. 

il Numpty
Korisnik
Registrovan2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng holt >> srijeda april 21 - 03:26

United fans have been trying to get rid of Woodward for years; goes on to get rid of himself.

The bigger question is how did they manage to plan this so badly.

eng holt
Novi
Registrovan2013-05-18
ua Garfman >> srijeda april 21 - 06:25, Promjenjeno srijeda april 21 - 08:42

Has any of these money hungry *mod edit* ever thought about a completely different approach? Perhaps the lack of appeal of football is EXACTLY because of the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer, ie. the almost complete lack of any kind of unpredictability (which surprise, surprise, is exactly what this idea would bring)? 

It's why they already lost me a long time ago. I don't think I've watched a live CL match for many, many years (I've lost count....maybe around 10 years now). For me, if they want to make football more attractive, find ways to make it more unpredictable, find ways to distribute funds more equally, so essentially every team in Europe has the chance to be competitive if they run their club the right way.

ua Garfman
Head community admin
Registrovan2013-02-08
ph Garfman FC
ua Kalle >> srijeda april 21 - 07:17, Promjenjeno srijeda april 21 - 08:40

I agree with you Garfman, i've stopped watching the CL a long time ago.

It's the little unpredictable things that makes football so great.

Like a little just promoted team from a small town with a budget of 9 miljon euro's beatting a big club with a 100 miljon plus budget in a cupfinal

Never forget april 20th 2014!

Ps. if you could spare 10 minutes, just watch :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ0oQo8E0Os

edit: just watched it again myself... god i miss Klich :(

ua Kalle
Korisnik
Registrovan2013-06-19
nl PEC Zwolle
au davo >> srijeda april 21 - 08:08

Your loss is our gain @kalle :)

au davo
Korisnik
Registrovan2013-08-27
ua Garfman >> srijeda april 21 - 08:26

That was epic! And they weren't just beaten, they were completely demolished. I think almost every non-Ajax fan in the Netherlands was cheering for PEC Zwolle on that day (including yours truly, especially after that display by their fans at the start). It's those moments that stay with you for the rest of your life. Watching an outcome that's completely unexpected (and watching the emotions of their fans as well).

Things like Ajax demolishing Real Madrid 4-1 recently, PSV reaching the semifinals of the CL in 2005. Results like that have become more and more rare, though. Like the last club that won the CL that wasn't a club from the big leagues, was FC Porto in 2004. Before that, Ajax in 1995, and Red Star Belgrade in 1991 (PSV Eindhoven in 1988). 

I think it's clear that football needs change, that much these guys have understood. But this is not the change that football needs, in my opinion. It needs to be able to offer more matches wherein you cannot predict with 100% certainty beforehand who will win the match, and not always have the same small group of teams in the latter stages of the big tournaments.

ua Garfman
Head community admin
Registrovan2013-02-08
ph Garfman FC
il Numpty >> srijeda april 21 - 09:23, Promjenjeno srijeda april 21 - 09:23

I think most of the clubs involved would probably agree with the principle of sporting merit.

Except, of course, when it comes to serving their own interests - everyone can play fair as long as we're the winners! 

So from Perez's point of view it all seems to make perfect sense. His job as Real Madrid's president is to keep them at the pinnacle of world football. That means they need the best players and therefore the money to pay for them. Simple really.

What they failed to realise is that everyone would see through the smokescreen that it was supposedly for the good of the game and that everyone would benefit.

il Numpty
Korisnik
Registrovan2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
tc ... >> srijeda april 21 - 13:02

@Kalle

Now I'm not the most proficient in Dutch, but I could get an inkling that not even the commentator could believe what he was seeing!

tc ...
Korisnik
Registrovan2014-04-05
kn Phoenix T&C
eng holt >> srijeda april 21 - 13:09, Promjenjeno srijeda april 21 - 13:16

@Numpty As they say, when in Rome....

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57tcwHCbXzo

Also all the chant of "FSG out and "introduce 50+1 rule" are understandable, but would you really want a Petro-dollar/Chinese conglomerate take their place?

Also, wouldn't introducing the rule require people to actually buy the stocks/dilute the owners position?

eng holt
Novi
Registrovan2013-05-18
ua Kalle >> srijeda april 21 - 13:50

Hehe nobody could. I was in the stands that day, 0-1 was like sjit so soon, 1-1 was a bonus, 2-1 couldn't screamed harder, 3-1 lost my voice (lasted almost a week), 4-1 and 5-1 was just plain disbelieve. 

I remember at half time we where just asking each other "are we dreaming, can you believe this?, is this real?".

The busrides where just a blurr, we where with 200+ busses, had about 15.000 to 19.000 fans with us (some drove even came by bike or boat haha). Our own stadium could only fit 10.500 at the time.

A local rapper even made a cupfinalsong (before the actual game), and later gave it a videoclip with pictures of that day. We where chanting the chorus the whole time...

For me this is what makes football so great, dreaming about that 1 moment, where your local club who hasnt won any major price in over 100 years finaly takes home that cup...

ua Kalle
Korisnik
Registrovan2013-06-19
nl PEC Zwolle
eng Stephen >> srijeda april 21 - 15:04

Still not entirely sure how this was so badly organised that UEFA have ended up on the side of the good guys. Did they not think to ask some people how this might go down?

eng Stephen
Glavni administrator
Registrovan2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
ua Garfman >> srijeda april 21 - 15:15

@Kalle I bet that is something that you'll remember forever, that feeling.

It's a bit like the moment when PSV became champions on the last day, when no one expected it (2007). The feeling of utter disbelief and elation that they were actually going to do it, completely against the odds, I'll never forget it.

@Stephen It really shows how out of touch these people are. They just think that the average fan is dumb as a rock and just wants more matches, but they never thought to actually ask them. It's not rocket science, is it? If you want to make the game better for the fans.....ask the fans....don't give them the middle finger by completely ignoring what they would actually want and just seeing them as a milking cow. The milk is gonna run out at some point, you know? Why not focus on actually improving the product, rather than just 'more, more, more' of the same stale shit?

ua Garfman
Head community admin
Registrovan2013-02-08
ph Garfman FC
eng holt >> srijeda april 21 - 18:47, Promjenjeno srijeda april 21 - 18:47

@Garfman That was how the Champions League came up in the first place...

It's interesting to see that the total maximum number of minutes played by a player (competitive football) has been rather constant with a sliight decrease in recent years, ranging from 5800 to 6400 minutes. I suppose that the variation can be explained by international competitions. What is also seen however, is that the number of players having played over say 4800 minutes has increased substantially.

eng holt
Novi
Registrovan2013-05-18
ua Garfman >> Četvrtak april 22 - 07:10

@holt Oh yeah, you are absolutely right. That's why I used the phrase 'more of the same stale shit'. The CL has already gotten stale, and with the new plans of the Uefa, it will become even more so. That's why this Super League plan was so stupid. Like I said: they understood one thing.....something different is needed, but I don't think that this is it. 

They're continuously looking at formats, but they never look at the product itself. Like how can we make our product more attractive, more watchable? What makes sports interesting to watch? In my view, it would be going into a match, not knowing 100% for certain who is going to win.

That's how I remember often watching matches when I was younger in the European tournaments. Smaller teams from smaller leagues like Ajax, PSV, Porto could go far and even win the whole if they had a good system, good tactics, and so on. Nowadays, if you have that, it's a miracle if one of those teams reaches the quarterfinals, and after that all your players are going to get raided by more wealthy clubs before it could ever build on that.

ua Garfman
Head community admin
Registrovan2013-02-08
ph Garfman FC