Forum : Engleski rss-feed

Ovo je forum za Engleski jezik. Ako želite nešto objaviti ovdje, služite se samo ovim jezikom. Odgovori i teme na drugim jezicima će biti obrisani bez obavještenja. Probleme koje uočite na igrici objavite na "bug" forumu, a za ostale teme provjerite je pravi forum za njih.

Engleski >> Prijedlozi

Can players die? (22)

in Mr. Arpit >> utorak februar 25 - 16:39

A lot of things happen in life, is it possible that a player can die and something random like an accident can occur and have him injured for life? /s

in Mr. Arpit
Korisnik
Registrovan2013-12-09
in Thundering Pune
nl Losing >> utorak februar 25 - 17:48

Some keepers might die of old age

nl Losing
Korisnik
Registrovan2017-05-06
ro Funky Grandma >> utorak februar 25 - 18:05, Promjenjeno utorak februar 25 - 18:16

We should get a "coronavirus" event happen every now and then, with the players in the same league as the infected player having a chance of infection!

Also, some players are born with the "immune" trait (self-evident), while others are born with "sickly" (50% chance more likely to contract the virus), and also "asymptomatic" (can only be a carrier, but has no symptoms). Another ones could be "solidarity" (plays better when a team-mate is infected and suffering) and distressed (playes worse when a team-mate is infected).

The Health Center should have an "infectious disease treatment" option as well.

ro Funky Grandma
Korisnik
Registrovan2013-03-28
il Numpty >> utorak februar 25 - 18:11, Promjenjeno utorak februar 25 - 18:13

You need to train the special attribute Assassin for this.

• Uses dueling to fatally injure opponent when he and at least 3 of his team mates are in the same region, who provide him with cover. Power and Speed increase the chance of success. Can also use passing or scoring instead of dueling but it is less effective. Increased chance of getting a red card. 
il Numpty
Korisnik
Registrovan2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ro Andrei >> utorak februar 25 - 18:47
That's exactly what we need, more random events to be frustrated about.

Sorry, but I don't support this suggestion.
ro Andrei
Novi
Registrovan2014-08-30
ee Taavi >> utorak februar 25 - 19:14

Mine will if they dont start performing better %&*$

ee Taavi
Admin zajednice
Registrovan2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
nl Orauw >> utorak februar 25 - 23:30

If they do, then I will have to bring the bad news to Dinu Scarlatescu:
https://rockingsoccer.com/en/voetbal/info/player-18353

He's 77yo now.

nl Orauw
Korisnik
Registrovan2015-12-06
ro Funky Grandma >> utorak februar 25 - 23:38

@Orauw

What a veteran! I can hear him saying: "Back in my days, playing with a Roaming team-mate was like playing with a headless chicken! None of this following the ball around, you kids have today..."

ro Funky Grandma
Korisnik
Registrovan2013-03-28
ro Funky Grandma >> utorak februar 25 - 23:42

How cool would it be to have the Champions League winners of Season 1 playing against the American Champions League winners of Season 1, or something like that? An All-Star Legends, charity match. All the funds raised would obviously go towards finding a cure for the coronavirus (Let's make it happen!).

ro Funky Grandma
Korisnik
Registrovan2013-03-28
il Numpty >> utorak februar 25 - 23:55, Promjenjeno srijeda februar 26 - 00:08

Not quite as old but Gareth Priestley turned 74 today. He only retired last season when his manager, sadly, got fired. In an illustrious career he scored a remarkable 4 goals and 3 assists in 800 matches. 

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-53144

His colleague, Patrick Flemmings, a few years younger, kept an amazing 65 clean sheets in a grand total of 1192 games. Who wouldn't want a keeper like that? 

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-52922

(* Edit - statistics taken from their main club and do not include early seasons at other clubs.)

il Numpty
Korisnik
Registrovan2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ro Funky Grandma >> srijeda februar 26 - 00:10

@Numpty

Wow, I'd be honored to manage a team with someone like Gareth Priestley in it. Forget results, keep the man in a job and happy playing his football.

ro Funky Grandma
Korisnik
Registrovan2013-03-28
il Numpty >> srijeda februar 26 - 21:03

I hung up my own boots about 25 years ago.

I'm thinking of making a comeback ... 

il Numpty
Korisnik
Registrovan2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ro Funky Grandma >> srijeda februar 26 - 21:15

Ohh, I feel for ya, @Numpty. You can join my imaginary team!

Seriously though, do it! There's bound to be teams next to you that will have ya.

ro Funky Grandma
Korisnik
Registrovan2013-03-28
il Numpty >> srijeda februar 26 - 21:41, Promjenjeno srijeda februar 26 - 21:58

I very much doubt it. Who would want an old midfielder who has no pace and can no longer run properly? 

I managed to fool people that I had to stop playing as a result of various orthopaedic injuries, like ankle reconstruction. The truth is retirement was forced by lack of talent. :D

This brings back some memories.

I think this was my best ever performance ...

Somehow I had blagged my way into playing for a small town team, who played at a fairly decent amateur level, and we had got though a few rounds of a regional cup competition.

In the quarter-final (I think) we were drawn against a team from a league above us. They were semi-pros who normally played in the same league as some of the pro reserve teams. I must have been the worst player on the pitch. After a few minutes I could tell I was out of my depth. Every time I got the ball I was closed down quickly and put under pressure. The opponents just seemed too strong and a little bit too quick for me. It was a nightmare and fortunately the manager agreed and took me off at half time ...      

il Numpty
Korisnik
Registrovan2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ro Funky Grandma >> srijeda februar 26 - 22:50, Promjenjeno srijeda februar 26 - 22:51

Dude, get the Meetup app and see if there's any groups near you. If not, make one.

I went for a Meetup group and played on a Sunday (apart from during the winter). No experience or level required. If you just enjoy playing, go play and don't worry about not being Stevie G. I also tend to play better when I focus on something that I can improve on myself but also try to have a good time. Find a good bunch of people that want to have a good time as well? Maybe that helps :)

ro Funky Grandma
Korisnik
Registrovan2013-03-28