Fórum: Angličtina rss-feed

Toto je obecné diskuzní fórum pro Angličtina. Pokud přispíváš v tomto fóru, musíš používat tento jazyk. Příspěvky v jiných jazycích mohou být odstraněny bez upozornění. Toto fórum používá podsekce pro diskuze s různými tématy a záměry. V chybové sekci nás můžete upozornit na nesprávně zařazená témata v podsekcích a zkuste přitom přijít na to, v které podsekci by raději měly být.

Angličtina >> Fotbal v reálném světě

Uzamčené World Cup (508)

fr Elric Antona >> Čtvrtek Červenec 26 - 10:05

"Russia was one of the greatest world cups to date."

I don't agree. This was the absolute worst WC since the 1978 WC in Argentina.

fr Elric Antona
Nováček
Registrován2013-09-11
lv Ar4ers >> Čtvrtek Červenec 26 - 10:18

best world cup was in 2006

lv Ar4ers
Profík
Registrován2014-12-30
lv Rīgas Dinamo
nl Vince Dean >> Čtvrtek Červenec 26 - 10:36

1998 was the best one in my oppinion.

nl Vince Dean
Nováček
Registrován2013-10-11
eng holt >> Čtvrtek Červenec 26 - 11:01

Worst was 2002.Best was the World Cup.

eng holt
Nováček
Registrován2013-05-18
ee Taavi >> Čtvrtek Červenec 26 - 12:37

This world cup was great , lots of goals and surprises

ee Taavi
Admin komunity
Registrován2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
nz Starris1 >> pátek Červenec 27 - 02:54

Guess the cup is different things to different people.

If you were Germany or Argentina it couldn't get much worse but for an impartial bystander... enjoying Belgium and Croatia going deep was fantastic!

nz Starris1
Profík
Registrován2018-06-22
nl Vince Dean >> pátek Červenec 27 - 05:11

The fact England reached the semi final was much more a surprise to me then Belgium reaching it... 

nl Vince Dean
Nováček
Registrován2013-10-11
fr Elric Antona >> pátek Červenec 27 - 10:11, Editováno pátek Červenec 27 - 10:24

I totally understand why somebody could have enjoyed the last WC.

I did watch the 78 WC in Argentina (and enjoyed it) because I was a child at that time and did not understand all the things at stake.

Now that I am a grown-up reading more than just the sports page in the newspapers I felt so uneasy with the whole thing that I ended up not watching at all.

So that's why it was the worst WC to me : was not able to watch it. To each his own !

fr Elric Antona
Nováček
Registrován2013-09-11
lv Namejs >> pátek Červenec 27 - 22:28

You can't claim that something is bad if You hadn't try it or watched it in this case. It is Your decision not to watch WC whatever the reasons are so You can't claim that it was bad as You didn't know how it panned out.

lv Namejs
Admin komunity
Registrován2014-07-06
lv Taurupes Dusmīgie Bebri
nz Starris1 >> sobota Červenec 28 - 07:03

Completely agree you cannot rubbish a sports event you didn't even watch.

And yes England expelling some of the demons of the past was an added bonus.

nz Starris1
Profík
Registrován2018-06-22
eng Stephen >> sobota Červenec 28 - 07:27

@Elric - You have moral/political/philosophical problems with certain governments, which you have made abundantly clear in various posts. I have to ask you to stop bringing this up now though. Vincent was very clear that he does not want politics to be discussed in the game, so we all need to respect this.

Thanks.

eng Stephen
Hlavní admin
Registrován2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
au davo >> sobota Červenec 28 - 13:12

Whilst @Elric's comments were not in line with the forum's views on politics, @Namejs and @Starris1 are incorrect to say that he was claiming that the World Cup was a bad tournament. He is only saying that from his point of view it was bad because his political beliefs prevented him from watching it.

I personally feel that the worst world cup was 2010, purely because the cacophony of vuvuzelas in every game resulted in me watching it with the sound down which was really boring. It could have been the most glorious spectacle of football ever, but I hated every minute of it - so it's not always about the football.

au davo
Profík
Registrován2013-08-27
lv Namejs >> sobota Červenec 28 - 16:40, Editováno sobota Červenec 28 - 16:52

One can't claim something good or bad if he hasn't seen or used it. That has nothing to do with political or any other points of view, it is clear logical error to claim that something You don't know anything about is good or bad.

lv Namejs
Admin komunity
Registrován2014-07-06
lv Taurupes Dusmīgie Bebri
eng holt >> neděle Červenec 29 - 17:01

@Stephen What is sports without politics....

eng holt
Nováček
Registrován2013-05-18
ro Andrei >> neděle Červenec 29 - 20:26, Editováno neděle Červenec 29 - 20:34
It's ... sports.

Because politics is garbage.

So let's leave it in the trash can.
ro Andrei
Nováček
Registrován2014-08-30