Forum: Engelsk rss-feed

Dette er forummet for general diskussion på Engelsk. Når du skriver en besked skal du bruge dette sprog. Beskeder på andre sprog bliver slettet uden advarsel. Dette forum bruger undersektioner til beskeder med andre emner eller formål. Put beskeder om bugs i "bugs" sektionen og brug lidt tid på at finde ud af hvor andre beskeder skal være.

Engelsk >> General diskussion

Champions League tickets distribution (18)

cn 橙子 >> fredag juni 21 - 08:26
I have checked every country in the Asia and find distribution of Champions League tickets is strange. I don't know whether it is a bug, so I just put it here.

China, which has the most players and highest coefficient only have 2 group stage, 1 playoffs and 1 round 2. New country United Arab Emirates has 3 group stage and 1 playoffs... Vietnam is also a new country and has more players than United Arab Emirates, but it gets only 1 round 1. Why?

Distribution in other country is also incomprehensible. I think we must reset the distribution and make it more reasonable.
cn 橙子
Bruger
Registreret2013-02-08
sco Arno Wiersma >> fredag juni 21 - 08:32
The number of tickets reflects the situation before this season started, not the actual situation. So it can very well be that Vietnam has recently gained a large number of players, but when the League started it was smaller then United Arab Emirates.
sco Arno Wiersma
Nybegynder
Registreret2013-02-08
cn 橙子 >> fredag juni 21 - 08:41, Rettet fredag juni 21 - 09:16
@Arno Wiersma
There are 5 players who play 2 months in Vietnam and only 3 players who play 1 month in United Arab Emirates. So I believe what you said didn't happen.

There are only 4 players in United Arab Emirates. But it has better tickets than China. Don't you think it is unbelievable?

The same problem in Bhutan. It has the same tickets as United Arab Emirates. These two countries are new and they didn't have more players than such countries like Malaysia, Chinese Taipei and Philippines in the beginning of this season. But these active old countries have much worse tickets than those two strange new countries.
cn 橙子
Bruger
Registreret2013-02-08
sco Arno Wiersma >> fredag juni 21 - 10:55
@橙子
I didn't really look into the details of the competition, so I believe you when you say the number of active players is larger in Vietnam. The only thing I can think of is that after the tickets were determined, a large number of inactive players were removed (when a manager is inactive for a long time his team reverts to a bot team). It would be logical for that to happen in the gap between the two seasons.
sco Arno Wiersma
Nybegynder
Registreret2013-02-08
nl Vincent de Boer >> fredag juni 21 - 11:20
It looks like the countries in continents other than europe were sorted alfabetically. I found out why and fixed this so it won't happen next year.

I'll have to think about what to do with the current season though, on the one hand I'd like to fix it, but on the other people seen this distribution for more than half of the season and may have based their strategy on it.
nl Vincent de Boer
Chef udvikler
Registreret2012-10-15
cn 橙子 >> fredag juni 21 - 11:25, Rettet fredag juni 21 - 11:36
@Arno Wiersma
I'm sorry to tell you that didn't happen.

And I don't think comparing these two countries is the most important in this topic. Because United Arab Emirates and Bhutan are so incomprehensible when comparing them to all other Asian countries.

IMO this is a bug and this topic should be moved to BUG reporting part.
cn 橙子
Bruger
Registreret2013-02-08
cn 橙子 >> fredag juni 21 - 11:31
If it is a bug, I think it would be better to fix it now, like what you do with the champions league group stage draw.
cn 橙子
Bruger
Registreret2013-02-08
I think it's important for some Asain countries. I hope the bug can be fix in this season.
cn 电脑队: 这个球队是由电脑管理
Nybegynder
Registreret2013-03-04
bw Lolicon >> fredag juni 21 - 12:22
I think now is a change in the timing, you can now modify the BUG completely minimize the impact.
If you have to drag the next season fix this BUG, I think most players would related damage league, after all, eventually replacing the team's players are few.
Replacing the team already had a big risk, most players do not know what will be the next game update, they should have to bear the consequences for their own choices, rather than allowing others to bear.
bw Lolicon
Nybegynder
Registreret2013-04-16
au Mr Legs >> fredag juni 21 - 16:16
Yeah, I would think that this should be fixed as soon as possible. I'm not sure how many people would have changed their strategy based on possible Champion League tickets. But the current situation would be unfair in that some teams may get an entry, with a deserving team missing out or having to play through the earlier rounds.
au Mr Legs
Bruger
Registreret2013-02-08
ua ... >> fredag juni 21 - 17:14, Rettet fredag juni 21 - 17:18
Hi Vincent,

The fact that the distribution of tickets was done in purely alfabetical order, I have mentioned already several weeks ago, becasue that was exactly what I had concluded based on the ticket distribution for Africa.

In the mean time, the number of active users in my country (Senegal) has dropped from 7 to 2, and probably very soon to only 1.

I think that the distribution of tickets this season is a real disaster, and even worse, this injustice is going to have a disturbing effect for many, many seasons to come, as the really active clubs in the disadvantaged countries wanting to stay anyway, despite this perceived injustice, might give up in the end after all, and that would be a real pity.

Don't forget that the top clubs in these countries will have major difficulties to qualify for the champions league, while even botclubs from the lucky countries get their "big winning lottery ticket" for free. Moreover, we won't be able to give our players extra training points, which in the long run inevitably reduces their sales value, we won't be able to sell additional tickets for champions league matches, we won't be able to buy really good players on the market, as we wont be able to afford them or to compete with the lucky clubs, and this will ever grow worse and worse in time...

So, don't hesitate, correct this bug. If it's a bug, you need to correct it, no matter what the consequences are, because the consequences of a known but deliberately left bug can be far worse. The big majority of users is counting on you!
ua ...
Nybegynder
Registreret2013-05-01
sa 啵啵啵 >> lørdag juni 22 - 00:30
In Saudi Arabia, there are two teams into the Champions League last 16. Now it seems that can enter the Top 8. However, the next season, there is no formal contest Saudi quota.
sa 啵啵啵
Bruger
Registreret2013-04-03
sa SPL Imperial College
ng 蓝冰 >> lørdag juni 22 - 01:37
In Nigeria, there are two teams into the Africa Champions League last 16. Now it seems that can enter the Top 8. However, the next season, there is no formal contest Saudi quota.
ng 蓝冰
Bruger
Registreret2013-03-20
ng Out Of Africa
nl Vincent de Boer >> lørdag juni 22 - 07:45
I will look into the distribution and manually move some tickets from inactive leagues to the bigger ones if necessary.

I'll try to change as little as possible though so don't expect a complete change.

@Errenu: you'll easily qualify for the champions league it seems, I don't think Senegal is one of the countries where it's unfairly distributed.

You shouldn't worry about long term effects on your country. If you have a few strong teams it's actually better to have less spots because you'll get a higher average coefficient if your weaker teams won't participate.
nl Vincent de Boer
Chef udvikler
Registreret2012-10-15
ua ... >> lørdag juni 22 - 08:16
Well, Vincent, if we collide in the qualifying rounds with a strong team, it might be all over very quickly. That's the same in real life, I guess.

I agree with you that with only one really active player in Senegal anymore, we shouldn't get 7 tickets. But we used to have 5 or 6 active players a couple of weeks ago...
ua ...
Nybegynder
Registreret2013-05-01