Πρωτάθλημα: Η.Π.Α. Σαιζόν 38

Φόρουμ: Φόρουμ ομίλου rss-feed

Συζήτησε για τον όμιλο σου: Ποιος είναι το φαβορί αυτή τη σεζόν; Ποιος θα ανέβει, ποιος θα πέσει, πώς τα πας στο κύπελλο;

Επίστρεψε στον πίνακα των φόρουμ

Us national team (648)

us valentine >> Τετάρτη Ιούνιος 26 - 03:20

World Cup Update: Unfortunately, the USA was defeated by Turkmenistan in the round of 16. We managed to outperform our opponent in terms of shots, with a ratio of 13:7. It's important to note that we did not use a high-risk shooting strategy. Our defensive performance in this World Cup did not meet my expectations. In today's game, a strong goalkeeper can be everything.

Looking ahead, we have a reason to be hopeful - we'll have a rising super-talented goalkeeper for the next World Cup. Moreover, it's expected that some of the grandpa goalkeepers with 10+ blocking like those from Turkmenistan will retire by then.

Lastly, I would like to extend my best wishes to Ulysses for your forthcoming run!

us valentine
Κανονικός χρήστης
Εγγεγραμμένος2013-02-08
us Pittsburgh Riverhounds
us Ulysses >> Πέμπτη Ιούνιος 27 - 02:22

Thank you!

Good job getting to the round of 16!  It was a long road, with very limited opportunities to get there from North America, and you still had to fend off a lot of the grandpa keepers.  Turkmenistan was a pretty tough matchup.

I'm glad that the team still has some strong depth to carry the team going forward.

us Ulysses
Κανονικός χρήστης
Εγγεγραμμένος2013-02-07
us Polar Bear Council FC
us Ulysses >> Χθες - 00:13

Thank you for the opportunity to run the team!

We are in a strong position in our group.  The United States has 3 of the 4 best keepers in the group (Antigua and Barbuda has the other one), and half the group does not have a keeper with more than 8 blocking.  The other teams have a few strong players, but nothing substantially better than what the United Staes has, and the United States has the more consistent depth across the roster.  We're lucky enough to have a handful of teams that have been able to produce youth 15 talents for the team.

Keeper is the strongest position.  We have 3 strong keepers who are relatively one.  I added a third as insurance for injuries.  It also allows the luxury of making substitutions to deal with endurance issues without sacrificing ability, if necessary.  Arzamendi is pretty close to establishing himself as the #1 for the next decade.

At forward we have a lot of strong players including three with 7+ talent.  With that said, Flower and Blakey are over 30 and Rollands and Harrow ended up on teams with a level 1 football academies.

At midfield we are in good condition for this tournemnt, but we do not have the crazy ~9+ passing midfielders that some of the other top teams have.  I wouldn't recommend it for everyone, but it's nice to have one or two players like Caddow who can jump in with Long Shots and effectively add an extra elite forward.

Defense is pretty strong.  We have a handful of defenders that can jump into the offense with versatile if necessary as well as some strong players defensively for every role.  There's no 7 talent supertalent, but we have Covey (25) who came from a level 5 youth academy, currently has a level 5 football academy, and is hardworking.

us Ulysses
Κανονικός χρήστης
Εγγεγραμμένος2013-02-07
us Polar Bear Council FC