Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

Sticky Special Attributes - FULL LIST (152)

il Numpty >> friday august 13 - 13:42, Edited friday august 13 - 13:47

1. Versatile works according to the position they are playing in. In your example, a defensive midfielder is a midfielder and   

• "midfielders can use passing as scoring". 

2. There is no centre flank experience. Every player has a combination of left and right experience. I very much doubt it has any effect on penalties, although it may do if they are playing in a position that matches their flank experience. From the help:

• "A penalty event is basically a shoot event, except that there are no defenders. The scoring skill of the attacker and blocking skill of the keeper are most decisive. Power helps a little for the attacker, while speed helps the keeper."

3. It doesn't say for sure, but I suspect that longshots have no effect on free kicks. The game essentially calculates it as a 'pass'. This is also from the help:

• "The chance a free kick results in a goal depends greatly on the passing skill of the person taking the free kick. Scoring helps a little bit as well."
il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Weldone >> wednesday august 18 - 23:02
"Blocking

Main skill for: goalkeepers

The blocking skill is used to block shots and gain posession of the ball. For goalkeepers this is the decisive skill because it determines the chance he can stop a shot on goal

Other players can also block shots on goal when they are in the penalty area but blocking is less effective for them. They also use blocking to intercept passes."

^The above underlined part makes me think LB and RB can't block any long shots at goal when they are outside penalty area. But,

". Man Marker - 2.000xp, 2c, level 7

Is more likely to intercept a cross or a shot at goal when he is in the same square as the shooter, but outside the penalty area, or in corner situations anywhere."

^The above underlined part makes me think LB and RB with man marker special attribute can use their blocking skill to block long shots at goal when they are outside penalty area.

Are both the above understandings correct?

eng Weldone
User
Registered2014-01-16
eng Crossharbour Nursery FC
il Numpty >> thursday august 19 - 00:33, Edited thursday august 19 - 00:50

I think you've misunderstood. 

In the first part 'other players' means everyone else apart from the keeper.

It simply means that anyone and everyone that happens to be in the penalty area has a chance of blocking a shot, regardless of their playing position. But what counts most is the keeper. It has no bearing on what happens outside the penalty area. 

[You've unfortunately drawn an inference from the fact that the Help for the Blocking skill only mentions it being used 'in the penalty area'. But to get the full picture you have to read all the Help and not just one part which can be misleading.] 

When they are outside the penalty area all players also attempt to block shots when they are in the same square as the shooter. 

• "The success chance of a shot depends greatly on the scoring skill of the shooter and the blocking skill of the keeper. Defenders in the penalty area or in the same region of the shooter decrease the scoring chance with their blocking and dueling skill. "

The second part, Man Marker, doesn't make their blocking skill suddenly start working, but rather increases their chances of being successful.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng holt >> friday august 20 - 18:50

@Numpty How much is the popular atribute "worth" ?

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
eng ipfreely >> friday august 20 - 21:12

10 fanclub members if he plays the whole game, 5 if he plays a half. -5 if he doesn't play.

I guess the value of fanclub members can be debated...

eng ipfreely
User
Registered2013-12-08
vi Lollapa Losers
eng ipfreely >> friday august 20 - 21:15

"There is no centre flank experience. Every player has a combination of left and right experience."

@Numpty what exactly do you mean by this? Don't L or R players do less well in the centre than LC, RC or LCR players?

eng ipfreely
User
Registered2013-12-08
vi Lollapa Losers
il Numpty >> friday august 20 - 21:18, Edited friday august 20 - 21:29

Yeah, very difficult to put a value on the extra fan club members. But they're worth a lot more to a small club with low popularity than to a big established club. 

I believe that the attribute itself increases the market value of a player when he's given it, but I've never taken the trouble to try and work it out.  

@ipfreely, this is from the Help:

• There is no actual "center" experience, when a player plays as center, he gets the average of his left and right experience bonus. He also contributes to both the left and right experience. This means a center player will play well on either flank too.

When played in the centre the 'average' suggests to me that all players can play equally well in the centre, although it's not entirely clear. Whether his L/R experience is 100/0, 80/20 or 50/50 then the average is always 50.  

The downside of playing an L-sided player in the centre is you effectively 'damage' his Left experience by gaining some Right experience at the cost to his Left. So he won't play quite as well when he returns to his normal position.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Weldone >> monday september 6 - 10:45

Any tips on how to use Freestyler? Which type of player is suitable for this? I suppose when a forward reaches the penalty area and is greeted by 2 DCB/CB and a keeper, Freestyler might be helpful to go for a shot/pass before others blink?

eng Weldone
User
Registered2014-01-16
eng Crossharbour Nursery FC
il Numpty >> monday september 6 - 15:39

That's the main reason for it.

I believe Freestyler was added later because most teams train their forwards with low tactics and Freestyler was supposed to give another option on how to train them.  But it's rarely used so most people seem to think it's not sufficiently effective as you still have to spend quite a bit on tactics before it becomes really useful. 

It would work best if combined with Intelligent, but it probably needs to be beefed up to 1.5 or 2 balls extra tactics before a lot of people started using it.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> wednesday september 8 - 08:07

I think something would have to be significantly changed for 'freestyler' to work effectively. Whether that's a change to the match engine to not favour main skill (e.g. passing for midfielders) above all else or something like Numpty suggests: make freestyler more powerful

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
ca Razor McGoo >> tuesday september 26 - 01:35, Edited tuesday september 26 - 01:36

I have a U21 who just turned Popular, does he have to play on my main squad?  A single fan club member is worth more to this organization than he will ever be.

ca Razor McGoo
User
Registered2013-05-21
il Numpty >> tuesday september 26 - 10:47

Popular affects first team matches only. It says that in the description.

• Team earns fanclub members when this player plays a competitive match. The first popular player in a match gives 20 fanclub members, the second 12, then 8, 5, 3 and finally just 1 per player. Each popular player that doesn't play costs your team 5 fanclub members. Has no effect in U21 matches and friendlies.
il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ca Razor McGoo >> tuesday september 26 - 14:24

Yes but a U21 player can still play on the first team.  I'm pretty sure he's gonna cost me fans if I don't play him in league matches.  And I can't play him in league matches if I want to win.

ca Razor McGoo
User
Registered2013-05-21
il Numpty >> tuesday september 26 - 14:45

Any player with the Popular attribute will lose you 5 fans every time that he doesn't play in your first team matches. 

The fact that he is U21 makes no difference. Whether you choose to play him or not is up to you.

Further information can be found in the Help, here:

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/help/home/category-2/article-8

Popular

Popular is an attribute that only becomes visible on the 20th birthday of a player. It has no effect before.

When a popular player plays a competitive match for your team you get 20 fanclub members. If you have more than one popular player, the second gives only 12 fanclub members though. The third gives you 8, then 5, 3 and finally just one fanclub member for each next popular player.

When the player plays part of a match you only get part of the bonus. If the player plays less than 5 minutes you get no bonus at all (but you also don't get a penalty).

When a popular player does not play in a match you lose 5 fanclub members. This also happens when the player is injured, suspended or away with the national team.

When a popular player is loaned out, the bonus and penalty will apply to the team that loaned the player. The owner of the team will not be affected.

It has no effect in friendlies, test matches, national team matches and U21 matches.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ca Razor McGoo >> wednesday september 27 - 04:15

My Popular U21 missed his first league match today.  I allready have a Popular player and got the full 20 fcm bonus.  He is on the Reserve Roster and has never been on the Main Squad.  His future is to be sold to the bank at the next transfer window.

ca Razor McGoo
User
Registered2013-05-21