Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Supertalents (2326)

tr Mavi >> tuesday october 15 - 15:04

Thanks Counter culture. His passing training is not much a deal i can retrain him to other position by losing only 2000 xp but I think defender would be waste on such a talent. I am inclining to mid but I doubt if I miss a legendary striker maybe?

tr Mavi
Admin
Registered2013-02-14
tr Just Looking Around FC
uy Awful >> tuesday october 15 - 16:36

spending this money for tall mid ?

GK>S>WB

uy Awful
User
Registered2015-05-10
hr Internacionālā Daugava FC
lv Ar4ers >> tuesday october 15 - 17:08, Edited tuesday october 15 - 17:10

Only gk, Rotimi never will be better gk as polish guy

lv Ar4ers
User
Registered2014-12-30
lv Rīgas Dinamo
nl Jrown >> tuesday october 15 - 19:54, Edited tuesday october 15 - 20:00

I don't think you can afford his salary if you make him GK. Look at FC Wageningens goalkeeper salary. Just make a beast of an Attacking mid.

GK Supertalents cost way to much money. Look at my 21yr old ST GK. Costs more salary then your 36yr old already. 

nl Jrown
User
Registered2013-04-05
us Peter >> wednesday october 16 - 01:52

Jrown's got a point

us Peter
User
Registered2015-03-15
us Detroit Blazers
nl MartijnK >> wednesday october 16 - 10:54

i hope'd for some better, but still a nice player: https://rockingsoccer.com/nl/voetbal/info/player-2041278

nl MartijnK
User
Registered2013-10-29
nl FC Zaanse Gaten Kaas
nl Joddit >> wednesday october 16 - 15:44

@MartijnK:

What are you going to do with him?

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
nl MartijnK >> wednesday october 16 - 15:53

@Joddit : Hopefully it will be my new goal machine

nl MartijnK
User
Registered2013-10-29
nl FC Zaanse Gaten Kaas
nl Jort >> sunday october 27 - 06:13, Edited sunday october 27 - 06:23

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-2050697

prerry disappointed for a st or am I wrong? Bad special and not very high talent?

Anyone suggestions for position?

nl Jort
User
Registered2018-02-06
nl FC Groningen
nl JvB >> sunday october 27 - 06:45, Edited sunday october 27 - 06:59

I agree Jort, but I think we all expect too much from our ST's. Currently many big clubs pull better normal talents than the other clubs pull with their ST, they are younger and better talented. The result is that the big clubs are not interested in our ST's anymore. Next to that we see so many high talented players that we expect to get one as well. Also, what if we do get a good, lets say 6,5+ ST with a YA11 or less? Big chance your TA is much less than those of the big clubs, therefore your player will never be as good as those.

In conclusion: don't focus to much on your upcoming ST's and always sell them if your TA is able to get the best out of your talents.

@Jort, I think a striker

Edit: above might sound a bit negative, but in my opinion it is positive. There are more and more players with 5+ /5,5+ talent, which drops their prices, resulting in affordable higher talented players for all of us!

nl JvB
User
Registered2017-12-31
nl Jeka
il Numpty >> sunday october 27 - 08:09, Edited sunday october 27 - 08:12

Good points by JVB. 

It's true that for a YC 10 ST his talent is pretty disappointing, as they have a  guaranteed minimum bonus of 0.75 on the Talent. So he could have been  a 4.90 talent with only the minimum bonus, or a 4.80 with slightly more.

However to put it in perpective, the majority will have a talent bonus of less than 0.95 and the chance of getting a massive bonus is very slim.   It's only natural that people will post their best ones and maybe not bother so much with the poor ones, so we see more of the good ones. 

Position wise, I would go for a forward for a Tournament player. My logic being that players who blow hot and cold are best suited for forwards - they might score a goal when playing well and especially useful as a squad player who mostly plays certain matches - whereas other positions need to be more dependable.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
nl Joddit >> sunday october 27 - 08:53

It wouldn't be trrible had it not been for tournament player. That is always disappointing, especially for a ST.

(Is it just me who after years of Championship manager and Football manager still reads ST as striker first and then later realises that he is reading the SuperTalent topic?)

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
il Numpty >> sunday october 27 - 09:29, Edited sunday october 27 - 09:33

I wouldn't be so sure that Tournament players are disappointing, as they can be very useful for some clubs, such as: 

• Top clubs who are dominating their leagues where their real competition is in continental torunaments. 
  • Clubs 'hiding out' in the lower levels, where their main challenge is in the cup tournaments. 

They are not so good if you are a struggling or mid-table club at your current level.  

* (I also loved playing CM and FM!)

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
tr Mavi >> sunday october 27 - 11:31

Addition to my earlier inquiry i have decided not to turn him to GK. Jrown made a good point there. He is a forward now, he is little behind on xp but 8.8 talent will close the gap quickly.

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-2031251

tr Mavi
Admin
Registered2013-02-14
tr Just Looking Around FC
ee Taavi >> sunday october 27 - 11:33

I think keeper would destroy ur club :D 300m wages :D

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa