Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

#SaveTheGame (433)

eng Kezza >> monday january 20 - 07:48

@Kalle I do understand where your coming from, but we do have a right.. under their own terms of service it states they will do their best to fix any bugs.. are they doing their best?

i enjoy the game and care about it.. I don’t want to see the user base decrease just because Vincent can’t be bothered to fix the game. I would put up with it, you would and Davo, but can the game function with just a Handful of players.. I doubt it. So it’s in all our interests that Vincent does better. 

eng Kezza
Registered2013-02-07
ua Kalle >> monday january 20 - 08:16

@Kezza,

I agree that services are bad at best and Vincent could do with some more effort.

But most users in this topic seem think they can demand a lot of stuff. And that's just not how it works.

We can just hope that Vincent will better the services in this game so it wont bleed to death.

ua Kalle
User
Registered2013-06-19
nl PEC Zwolle
eng Dragontao >> monday january 20 - 08:44

Maybe a thread of this nature should be posted in the bugs forum, sticking to listing the bugs that have not been addressed. Avoiding lots of rhetoric about the game being on it's last legs and too much Vincent bashing.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
hr klokan92 >> monday january 20 - 09:00

So, main arguments against this thread are summed by davo:

1) "This thread is largely another unsubstantiated whinge about how Vincent should pump money into a game."

- which I disagree with but I can see the reasoning

To point out:

2) "It is Vincent's game. If he wants to develop it he will, if he wants to keep it the same he will, if he wants to close it down he will."

I think many of us here, like to play this game and are frustrated that there is no development for some time. It is true that this is Vincent's game, and we are well aware that it is his decision. Is that doubted anywhere?

Furthermore:

3) "Making a dramatic post and not including any specific complaints in the original post."

What are our demands? - well there is not any demands or propositions. Why? - because there is forum for right that purpose that has been ignored for 2-3 years. What is the point to repeat and again all the things that are problematic with the game when nobody is listening? Well, not nobody, Vincent, who is, as we all agree, in charge of everything.

Well, if specific complaint is not that this game is being neglected by Vincent as main developer and owner, than we have none.

Also, I don't know if was written anywhere per se, but i got feeling as someone is questioning our right to ask for changes around here? I think we as users have every right to ask for changes. The other question is listening to us and our demands. it is Vincents every right to ignore us or ban us if we are crossing the line (Which, btw, he won't do beacuse he is not here, not reading forum or anything).

Maybe reason that this game will die was not explained well. This is not 100% fact, it is our concern based on experience in other similar games. As someone stated in our national forum, when developer lose interest in the game, it is basically over in few years and my experience confirms that. Decrease of new players, increase of complaints - those are facts. Increase of unsolved bugs, decrease of newsletters, lack of the development - those are facts.

What will that mean for RS in year or two - this is prediction, not fact. We are concerned that it will bring high decrease in number of users that will ruin the game eventually.

But, we (well, I personally but, since there is people who share my view I will say we), we would like to counting playing this game. I am also 99,99% certain that this thread won't do anything to sole problems...

So why do it? - well, what else should we do? This is open suggestion box. 

I personally suggested that admins stops approving transfers (until last day of transfer period) that would get Vincent attention. Other admins were not interested in this radical approach.

Someone suggested that people should stop buying V.I.P.? That is also a solution. 

What else? I don't know, but this threat has confirmed that a lot of people are worried about the future of the game and main problem at the moment is not development and ideas, but to bring Vincent on the table.

hr klokan92
User
Registered2013-02-08
si NK Krško
hu Zsone >> monday january 20 - 11:26

Of course it's his game,he can decide how he wants to ruin it for himself after building a nice little game but that is pretty stupid.And of course we can decide to leave the game if we don't enjoy it anymore.The problem is i would enjoy the game more if the bugs would have been fixed and the game would develop forward,so it is HIS fault a lot of us don't enjoy the game anymore as we did before.

We cannot demand some change if we don't like something but can add our voice to it what we think is wrong and should be changed and with this comes the worst part from him...

And that is the main problem,that he is not even responding to anything we say or talk about. If he would have come out like a year ago that:

Hey guys,i will be a little more busy in the next year or so and won't have too much time on this game as im starting another project but will keep update you about the game. 

At least that would have been fair from his part. 

I can't even imagine someone who is playing this game longer than 2 years is actually saying:wooow i enjoy it sooo much,it's so great.To build up a team is the same since season 25,so nothing changed.You need to buy the same kind of players for every position,play the same tactics as back than,do the same kind of buying/selling youngsters to have some money as back than. The only thing changed is new buildings came along.The more i think about,the game is more and more boring.

What i find worst when asking myself about the game is that:

i'm frustrated that i'm NOT frustrated when losing a game.

hu Zsone
User
Registered2016-07-14
cn 老陈 >> tuesday january 21 - 07:39

To be honest, I have been worried about RS will be closed in the future. Because the owner has been "missing" a long time and users are leaving everyday. I have joined RS more chan 6 years and it has become part of my life. I do hope RS will keep openning  and developing. Plz do something to make us regain the confidence. 

cn 老陈
User
Registered2013-10-30
uz ⚽Invincible Bellingham⚽
us Oregonian >> tuesday january 21 - 13:44, Edited tuesday january 21 - 13:50

If you are not happy with the game, than just don't play and don't call for sabotage. If I would be a moderator, I would already ban users calling not to buy VIP or don't approve transfers. Such actions will definitely kill the game soon.

About VIP - paying for VIP you are paying for some benefits in the game, not for the responsibility of the owners to develop the game forever following your wishes.

us Oregonian
User
Registered2019-09-10
eng holt >> tuesday january 21 - 14:59

@Oreogenian Sorry but I see that you're a newbie and as a result wouldn't not know how it feels to see absolutely no updates or improvements for literally years.When someone pays for VIP or any paid services as a matter of fact that means that they trust the provider to do his best in making the product as good as possible.SUre,the owner is not under legal obligation to do so,but then it would not make any sense to pay for a multiplayer game when the user base is steadily decreasing.Might as well play single player games.

Just as how a decent number of people have stated elsewhere as well as here,I lost intrest in the game a long time ago but I log in cause I've spent too much time already(and that I'm holding out for YA).

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
nl Losing >> tuesday january 21 - 16:00

I really hope Oregonian never gets in a position of influence anywhere because that'd be a very weird and petty abuse of power.

Not buying VIP is not sabotage. People are free to choose what they do with their money, and if a lack of development makes them feel like this game isn't worth it they can choose to do so.

nl Losing
User
Registered2017-05-06
us Oregonian >> tuesday january 21 - 16:32

@holt

I see your point, good luck then.

@Losing

Sabotage is not to buying VIP, but calling other users to not buy VIP to force owners to make something. I already have position of influence, nobody complains. :)

us Oregonian
User
Registered2019-09-10
nl Losing >> tuesday january 21 - 16:38

If nobody complains you are either perfect or there is something that disincentivizes complaining :)

Do you think a boycott to try to change a company's policy is also sabotage? That would be a pretty broad view of the concept.

nl Losing
User
Registered2017-05-06
us Oregonian >> tuesday january 21 - 17:22

Seems former. :)

Ok, boycott is better word in case of VIP. 

us Oregonian
User
Registered2019-09-10
pt Castr0 >> wednesday january 22 - 09:49

I think the fact of not buying VIP is more an attention call to the admin. I don't know the stats and how much the admin earn but is a passive income.

I don't have the same opinion of @Oregonian. I think when i pay for some service i buy it because i want to support that service, want to take some benefits but also want the developer to still develop the service. 

I know Vicent is who have the word but players asking for more news is always a good sign. We all have a life, problems, etc we just want some news about what is the future.

pt Castr0
Registered2013-08-19
au davo >> thursday january 23 - 06:10

I don't think that admins get an income as such, I think they get free VIP2 and community admins get free VIP1.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
gq kennym0nkey >> thursday january 23 - 16:59

Anyone here played Rocking Rackets? I've used to play it and it felt abandoned. RS for me starts to feel similiar. Last 2 newsletters on RR are from 34 months ago from Vinnie ,who is known as Vincent here, and it was about closing some servers. Before that was 45 months ago about updating the calendar to 2017 tournaments and before that 67 months ago about some downtime. When was the last time we recived any news here?

gq kennym0nkey
Registered2013-06-19