Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Supertalents (2326)

ee Taavi >> saturday november 14 - 15:36

@numpty as a midfielder he gets 2 subs , although he might be sub par with all the cheap teamplayers out there

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
il Numpty >> saturday november 14 - 16:13, Edited saturday november 14 - 16:15

Tactics is an interesting skill. This is my take on having low tactics. 

According to the help: 

• It does not directly make your players stronger but it makes them take smarter decisions.
  • All players benefit from 1 to 1.5 ball tactics, but after that you just want to have more than your opponent. 

I may be wrong, but I interpret that as meaning that they don't make smarter decisions when tactics is over 1.5 ball and maybe between 1 and 1.5 ball there's a decreasing gain. Otherwise why write it in such a vague fashion? 

But Rocking Soccer is not very complicated and nothing like Football Manager for instance. So what are these decisions and how much do they matter? 

These seem to mostly affect the following

1. if a player moves and where he goes 

2. an attempt to tackle 

3. whether to pass, dribble, shoot, or to keep possession  

For strikers this is probably not too complicated.

If tactics are very low he might move to a poor position, pass when he has a chance to score or shoot when he has a low chance of scoring. So at times he may waste possession and not always take his best chances. But sometimes he will shoot at the right time and even if it's not an ideal chance he will shoot at the wrong time and sometimes he will score. 

So having some level of tactics on a striker probably increases his chance of scoring by shooting at the right time and also not losing possession as frequently. He may also take up better scoring positions.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ee onuelver >> saturday november 14 - 21:46

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-2248298

My recent one born 14,22. Little bit disappointing with poor talent as two previous were better. Probably not NT material.

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
nl Joddit >> sunday november 15 - 10:03

Interesting discussion to read. Thanks everyone. 

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
eng Dragontao >> saturday december 5 - 12:30

A surprise. Early Christmas present maybe.

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-2268475

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng Stephen >> saturday december 5 - 22:00

Nice!

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
cn 弗格森 >> monday december 7 - 11:39

just spotted this one 

https://rockingsoccer.com/zh/soccer/info/player-2249749

but honestly he might get sacked like some other great players if wage system does not change

cn 弗格森
User
Registered2013-05-13
eng Dragontao >> monday december 7 - 13:01

That's amazing and sad/ridiculous at the same time. Makes a mockery of the supertalent system.

There is actually a very simple solution. Set a salary cap.  To maintain a fair balance, the age/rate at which salary falls should be reflected so the best talents maintain the high salary longer.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
il Numpty >> monday december 7 - 13:39

The club only has Stadium 10 as well, so the player will probably become unaffordable quite quickly. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ee Taavi >> monday december 7 - 15:48

Idk , field players dont get too massive wages

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
ca Alex Seymour >> monday december 7 - 22:15

Taavi makes a good point here. If you get a super talent monster, the gut reaction is to go the keeper route, but as we know, that will end in tears with the wages even before he hits his prime. Fieldplayers, I think you would get some good yardage out of them before you have to fire them over wages. Do we have any examples of out field super-super talents being fired?

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
il Numpty >> monday december 7 - 22:47

It's a fair point, but I think the ultra talents may still run into problems.

Talent is also not the only part of the wage equation, as I believe that accumulated xp is a large factor, so a player trained in a high level FA from a very young age will run into much bigger problems than an equally talented player with less xp. 

Koen's player here is on a daily wage of over $5 million and is still only 22. Most likely it's going to go a lot higher.

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/futbols/info/player-2017583

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ee Taavi >> tuesday december 8 - 07:14

That guy got traded twice do elevated wages aswell

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
de goksen >> tuesday december 8 - 08:10

This is an important factor, Taavi. If players are transfered, they often double their wages or even worse for real top talents. 

The 8.95 talented guy will have a wage bill of over 50M per season when he reaches 22, assuming he will always get the maximum increase. If he will get transfered twice, I assume he will be also up there with 250M at an age of 22. Similar to this striker.

de goksen
User
Registered2014-06-08
ht FC Nankatsu
es Nuban >> wednesday december 9 - 08:49, Edited wednesday december 9 - 08:49

His age is not great but talent...

https://rockingsoccer.com/es/futbol/info/player-2269972

es Nuban
User
Registered2013-02-13
pg Cultural Leonesa