Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Competitions

Champions League(s) (11)

nl Corniel >> monday february 25 - 10:53
Vincent pointed out the Champions League will start in season 3, but only for continents with at least 8 leagues. I think this is not a good idea.

Asia has only 6 countries yet, but China is the biggest competition world wide and it would not be fair (imho) for all those Chinese managers not to have there only continental league. (Although there is a good change they reach 8 leagues meanwhile)

Futhermore, the change that North America will have 8 countries at all (or Oceania) is small. Is it an option to allow North America to join South America as long they don't have 8 leagues on there own? (And Oceania and Africa to join Asia)?
nl Corniel
Registered2012-12-18
nl Vincent de Boer >> monday february 25 - 11:03
I can manually start any country, there don't necessarily have to be players in the waiting list.

I will make sure that Asia has at least 8 countries by the time the champions league will start. The same for north america. Africa and Oceania will either not be started yet or will also get 8 countries.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
nl Corniel >> monday february 25 - 11:23
That sounds great!
nl Corniel
Registered2012-12-18
eng Ben >> tuesday march 5 - 03:23
How many teams will get in per league?
eng Ben
User
Registered2013-02-06
nl Vincent de Boer >> tuesday march 5 - 06:43
This is not fixed. It depends on how strong your league is and on how many leagues are active in your continent when qualification starts.

Next season will be the first season when you can qualify for it, you will see in your league which position will qualify for which round of the champions league.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
it matteo94 >> tuesday march 5 - 15:47
But the places in Champions League will be determined by what happens in reality or in this game?
it matteo94
User
Registered2013-02-07
it Pisa Sporting Club
nl Vincent de Boer >> tuesday march 5 - 16:20, Edited tuesday march 5 - 16:20
They will be determined by what happens in the game. We will implement the UEFA league coefficients and sort the leagues based on this ranking (with game results). So if your country does well in the champions league you will receive more qualification spots.

For the first tournament however we'll just use the amount of managers in a country to sort them, so the countries with most active managers will receive most champions league tickets.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
it Vittorio Pozzo >> friday march 15 - 12:12
Great idea, make sure to put that music as well (:
it Vittorio Pozzo
Registered2013-03-12
pl Ace >> sunday march 17 - 08:37
I do not this restriction that you need to have at lease 8 active leagues to compete in the Champions League. Why is it implemented?
pl Ace
User
Registered2013-02-09
nl Vincent de Boer >> sunday march 17 - 15:05
There need to be 8 active countries in a continent to hold a champions league, not 8 league levels in a country.

Europe, Asia, North and South America will all get a champions league in season 3. Africa and Oceania won't have it yet.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
pl Ace >> sunday march 17 - 18:11
Ok, thanks! I have misread.
pl Ace
User
Registered2013-02-09