Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Win chance means nothing! It's unfair!! (11)

cn 橙子 >> monday march 4 - 01:14
I offered the highest price for two three players but they all choose other clubs that only offered the lowest price!!! The win chance means nothing!!! Why???? I can offer more money to win them but your system doesn't agree.
cn 橙子
User
Registered2013-02-08
br Irvine Kinneas >> monday march 4 - 03:16
But you saw the other factors like Country, Language, Age and Value? And how each one works??
I could say that money isn't the main factor.

In my case, I loved the bid mechanism. I think it's fair. And I lost two or three negotiations that I really wanted to buy. But I knew why I lose.
br Irvine Kinneas
User
Registered2013-02-08
as 延续美好 >> monday march 4 - 04:26
i agree 橙子 say,i find player often prefer choose higher league to lower league,i think it is favoritism,becaues this time is the first season.
as 延续美好
Registered2013-02-08
nl Vincent de Boer >> monday march 4 - 07:11
The win chance is exactly the chance you will get this player. The fact that you have the highest chance does not mean you are guaranteed to get it though.

Higher or lower league level has nothing to do with the decision, only the price and the four yes/no's in the transfer overview matter.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
cn 橙子 >> monday march 4 - 08:22
Can you just modify some part of the transfer system? Please...
For example, increase the difference of win chance between different offer prices. I once did an experiment by offering 5% higher than others and the highest price to a same player. The win chance remained the same. That means there's nothing to do to offer much higher price.

Please increase the win chance of people who really want to buy the player(people who are willing to offer high price). Thank you.
cn 橙子
User
Registered2013-02-08
nl Corniel >> monday march 4 - 10:32, Edited monday march 4 - 10:53
I have to admit that I think that height of the bid should be involved in the mechanism too.

And maybe the popularitity of the team. I guess that a player prefers playing for larger crowds.
nl Corniel
Registered2012-12-18
sco Arno Wiersma >> monday march 4 - 11:21, Edited monday march 4 - 11:29
Vincent says:
Higher or lower league level has nothing to do with the decision, only the price and the four yes/no's in the transfer overview matter.

Doesn't that mean the height (= price) is a factor? From what I saw that is a factor; I have had a lower chance of winning a player where all the yes/no's were the same as the other club. The only remaining factor would be the offerde price by my competitor (which is not visible to me).

Even though some players I realy liked chose for other teams, I like the bidding mechanism. There is more involved then just the price. The only thing I would like (and I don't know if that is possible) is to be able to approach another manager to buy a player without that player being offered on the open market.
sco Arno Wiersma
Registered2013-02-08
cn 橙子 >> monday march 4 - 11:36
Yes, price should not be the only variable. But the height of price must work. 5% higher and 20% higher getting the same win chance is strange.
cn 橙子
User
Registered2013-02-08
nl Corniel >> monday march 4 - 15:40
@Arno: That opens the door to cheating. One team can sell his best players for low prices to the main team, and buy other players for higher prices to make the 'best' team richer.
nl Corniel
Registered2012-12-18
br Irvine Kinneas >> monday march 4 - 15:48
About popularity I agree in the bid system. But cash, I take a transfer just because i offer the maximum cash and the other no and I think it is enough. I dont believe that it is have to be always about money. If 5 per cent would make difference it would become boring with one and another increasing and increading bids.
br Irvine Kinneas
User
Registered2013-02-08
cn alex >> tuesday march 5 - 18:28
i think 橙汁 didn't express all what he want to say:) do two team get 4 "yes" mean they really the same? maybe the numbers of players for these 4 factors also should be considered. and what would be considered firstly? the bids, the percent of win chance, or the 4 factors? we don't know, maybe just a random:)
cn alex
User
Registered2013-02-09