Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Suggestions

Loan & Buy option (3)

nl TeddyBeer >> sunday august 11 - 20:11
Maybe its possible to put an Buy option after a loan Season?
nl TeddyBeer
Registered2013-05-14
au Mr Legs >> monday august 12 - 02:31
I agree with the suggestion to be able to extend loan periods, but I don't support this suggestion. Would be to easy to abuse this by loaning players out & then selling without their being a fair market on the transfer. The loan market isn't contested as fiercely as the transfer market, so would give an unfair advantage to any players transferred in this manner.
au Mr Legs
User
Registered2013-02-08
ua ... >> monday august 12 - 20:29
Mr Legs, what prevents you to join the bid for loaning the player in the first place then?

I don't see a big issue in Teddybeer's proposal.

Now there is basically only one party who benefits from loaning, and that is the club that offers the player for loan. That is also why I will never again loan another player from any other club anymore, provided that the rules remain the same. If there would be a buy option, with the current club as preferred buyer if they want to keep the player, I actually think that would be more fair than the current system, and then it could become again interesting for me to loan players.

The club where the player plays gives him the XP points, but that club never sees anything back from their efforts, apart maybe, if it is a really good player, some extra points in the league.

In the real world a player is quite often loaned to another club, with an option to buy the player at a predefined price after the loaning period.
ua ...
Registered2013-05-01