Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Suggestions

VIP Downgrade. (7)

cw HyperInActief >> thursday august 15 - 17:30
Like written in a closed thread on NT elections, some people want to change their VIP from 3 to a lower level.
They however don't want to quit being NT manager and it seems to be impossible without losing the ability to be NT manager.

I understand there could be some "cheating" with the option if people could downgrade during the season.
In order to prevent that, how about another option.
Allow people to downgrade during the days before the new season starts.
Lets say last 5 days of the season, or day 45-50.
That way those who can't affort VIP3 anymore, but want to remain VIP1 and stay NT manager could do it without gaining any unwanted benefits.
cw HyperInActief
User
Registered2013-06-16
us Ulysses >> thursday august 15 - 21:21, Edited thursday august 15 - 21:33
I actually suggested something like this a while ago. Vincent said that while he might look into something to that effect, that it would be difficult for them to implement.

I think this would be a good change though.

That thread seemed to have focused more on decreasing the amount of days with VIP necessary, but it is still a problem that a manager with VIP3 cannot buy VIP1 for the remainder of the duration of the term (unless you happened to have first bought VIP during the election break). Basically, once you buy VIP(n), you're not allowed to manage a team unless you buy VIP(x) such that x>=n (depending on when you bought it).

I'm not sure how much of a risk of cheating there might be. I suppose that there may be a slight disincentive to spend as much money, but there shouldn't be an effective limitation on managing a team for VIP2 and VIP3 if the only stated limitation is that you need VIP (there wouldn't be an issue if VIP3 was required, but that is not a desirable alternative).

I had suggested before to allow an extension of VIP(n) with VIP(m) where m<=n. I like the suggested downgrade option. Maybe that could be easier to implement.
us Ulysses
User
Registered2013-02-07
us Polar Bear Council FC
us Ulysses >> thursday august 15 - 21:45, Edited thursday august 15 - 21:47
If a downgrade option was implemented, I would suggest that one shoud need to imput their password to grant permission for the downgrade. This would prevent accidental downgrades. Perhaps it should only be allowed in the last n days. There's also the issue of forgoing the benefits of the better VIP for a few days (unless a better solution can be found), but that would just be up to the manager to evaluate.

There should also be a disclaimer restating the time limitations involved in processing a payment so that people do not get upset when they downgrade and do not immediately get their new VIP chips. This would also serve to make managers plan ahead to avoid such a situation (if they can be made to read the disclaimer).
us Ulysses
User
Registered2013-02-07
us Polar Bear Council FC
cw HyperInActief >> thursday august 15 - 21:48
I didn't see the thread you are referring to, so didn't know that.
My idea mainly came from the recently closed thread.

The "cheating" or better abuse of changing VIP could be something like starting VIP3 and claiming the daily sponsor bonus.
Then changing back to VIP1 the next day.

Allowing the option to change only during last days of the season would prevent that.
Especially since undoing it first day of the new season would take more VIP vouchers, while people who want to remain NT manager would still be forced to first buy 2 months of VIP3 to get the job.

Therefor that abuse would be eliminated.

I have o clue about creating a game and how to implement things.
If Vinnie thinks its to difficult that only leaves the option to just not be NT manager for a period and continue again next period :D
cw HyperInActief
User
Registered2013-06-16
cw HyperInActief >> thursday august 15 - 21:58
@Ulysses 2nd post.

In my plan people wouldn't recieve new coupons.
The period of VIP1 would just be 3x the VIP3 one.
So instead of 2 seasons they would end up with VIP1 for 6 seasons.
Kinda like the current change from VIP1 to VIP3 where the amount of extra days just gets less when upgraded.
It would just be the other way round.

That would also make abuse less likely.
One would get x3 VIP1 and need 2 vouchers to get VIP3 again when they want.

If its clear like that, my English just isn't what it used to be several years ago :D
cw HyperInActief
User
Registered2013-06-16
us Ulysses >> thursday august 15 - 22:02, Edited thursday august 15 - 22:37
I know your suggestion came from that thread. I made the slightly different suggestion a while ago, and I couldn't even find that thread myself.

Another alternative would be to allow the people who are affected to somehow reset the "repurchase date" into the election sign up window. I suppose that skipping a term of managing a national team and letting the VIP lapse until you can repurchase it during the sign up window would solve the problem.

Another alternative would be to allow the purchase of VIP starting at a future date if it is possible.
us Ulysses
User
Registered2013-02-07
us Polar Bear Council FC
us Ulysses >> thursday august 15 - 22:11, Edited thursday august 15 - 22:28
If you meant to suggest that the remaining term of the VIP3 would be changed into triple the term as VIP1, then that would be even better (though it might be more difficult to implement).

I misunderstood the suggestion as just forgoing the remainder of the VIP3 so that you only have VIP1 or VIP2 for the remainder of the original term of the VIP3 until you pay to renew.
us Ulysses
User
Registered2013-02-07
us Polar Bear Council FC