Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Suggestions

Fatigue bars in match orders (13)

ca Razor McGoo >> sunday september 8 - 16:56
It would be nice to hace a fatigue bar for your players when you are doing your match orders. They could go on the top right corner in the same way as the match counters go on the top left.

The ultimate would be if they were prorated to the match time (what the fatigue will be when the match starts.)
ca Razor McGoo
User
Registered2013-05-21
at schorny >> monday september 9 - 08:57
This is already done - but only if the fatigue is in yellow or red. A green fatigue bar is not shown.

It might be a good idea to show even green ones - but generally a green fatigue bar is no problem for the player (it might be a problem later on when the player needs more and more time to get back into green). But for the match at hand a green fatigue bar is fine, even if it isnt full.
at schorny
User
Registered2013-03-05
vu Amun-Ra >> monday september 9 - 09:11
It could be a problem when you're playing 2 matches shortly after each other.
vu Amun-Ra
Registered2013-04-09
ca Razor McGoo >> monday september 9 - 19:41
So. does fatigue drop during the course of a match? How long would you want a player with low stamina out there if he's already down a few points?
ca Razor McGoo
User
Registered2013-05-21
at schorny >> monday september 9 - 20:32
Fatigue does not drop during a match. If a player goes in with let's say 95% fatigue and 0.03 balls penalty - he will play the whole match with these stats. Only after the match his fatigue drops further.

So there is no need to switch off a tired player during the game - if you only consider this one game. It may be useful to switch the player off for later matches, as the longer he plays the more his fatigue will drop after the game and the longer it will take until he is fit again. But for the current match it does not matter.
at schorny
User
Registered2013-03-05
ca Razor McGoo >> wednesday september 11 - 03:22
Thats good for me but it would be a nice gaming aspect.
ca Razor McGoo
User
Registered2013-05-21
nl Vincent de Boer >> wednesday september 11 - 08:16
@schorny: that's not true. Players do get tired during the match and play worse because of it.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
no MortenE >> wednesday september 11 - 08:41
That's news - "Like talent, endurance has no direct effect on how well a player performs." from what you say, Vincent, would say that it has a big effect then.
no MortenE
Registered2013-06-01
at schorny >> wednesday september 11 - 08:47
@Vincent: ah, this is interesting - i never noticed this. Do they have the same breakpoints there? meaning if a player is just a bid in the green, so he'll get like 0.08 penalty and then after 20 minutes of play he'll get 0.2 penalty because his fatigue dropped into the yellow?
at schorny
User
Registered2013-03-05
nl Vincent de Boer >> wednesday september 11 - 08:58
The fatigue penalty you see directly after your match is what your players ended with in the match.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
at schorny >> wednesday september 11 - 09:16
awesome, thanks.

It never felt that way. But it is very hard to evaluate performance of the players - even how much youth bonus they got or how an unpredictable player got bonus/malus. This makes figuring out this stuff tough. :/
at schorny
User
Registered2013-03-05
ca Razor McGoo >> wednesday september 11 - 13:16
Ok then i have to go to my match orders and undo what i just undid.
ca Razor McGoo
User
Registered2013-05-21
vu Amun-Ra >> wednesday september 11 - 15:26
close this topic. Not too many people must know about this :)

Ps; I've noticed more goals are scored in the 2nd half. For sure after I subbed some key-players.
vu Amun-Ra
Registered2013-04-09