Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Real life soccer

Guess The Player{GAME} {TRIVIA} (11)

eng holt >> thursday december 28 - 15:14, Edited monday june 3 - 15:03

Who's in for it ?

It's idea is simple, every round there is a riddler (first I start, then the next riddler will be the one who correctly guessed the last one), who sets a difficulty for his riddle (Easy-Medium-Hard, and guessers are awarded by 5-10-15 points respectively) and sets 3 clues. Clues can be about anything about the player, but dont go in to too much details like color of hair or tone of skin since this can start a trouble. Also remember when you say that "This player has won 6 cups" for ex. then when nobody guesses you shoul explain in upcoming clues of which cups are they, and dont mess up national cups with CL/EL. 

So when 3 people have guessed, and they are wrong, the riddler has to add one more clue. You as a guesser can only guess once per round of clues (first 3 set - 1 guess, next clue - 1 guess and so on). I'm sure many of you have played it as a community game of you are a footy fan so it shouldn't be hard. 

Sadly rules dont end here, please dont edit or overwrite you post, after all you have a better chance of correctly guessing with your guts rather than mindless edits.

I will keep track of all guesses and points, although I started it in mid-season I hope it will continue and it gets to be our special event. 

~~REMEMBER THIS~~
When a riddler sees a right answer, he must answer it immidiately, and update scoreboard. It's for the sake of clarity, since when many people start posting the same player after the rightly guess it will get into a mayhem.
For guessers, don't delve into conversations or dont wager different options, just put one name otherwise its hard to follow. When you guess wrong and find out the answer dont go blaming the riddler, better luck next time.

And for everyone participating, good luck, have fun, and do not co-operate by you being a riddler and telling your friend via PMs first whats the answer. It ruins the magic.

No Googling.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
ro Andrei >> thursday december 28 - 15:50
Don't expect anyone to join without you providing further details about the game. Just saying.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
eng holt >> saturday april 27 - 15:31

Are people intrested in this?

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
il Numpty >> saturday april 27 - 23:42

I suggest you just start one and see how it goes.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
il Numpty >> friday may 3 - 16:05

@AP 

Regardless of national affiliations, Israelis are still considered non-European. 

@Holt

The difficulty with this kind of quiz are the answers will be too easy to Google.

So can I suggest another rule:

No Googling.

Since it will be impossible to enforce I would also suggest that the question master attempts to make the clues somewhat esoteric in nature and difficult to find with a search engine. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
in Keju >> friday may 3 - 16:46, Edited friday may 3 - 16:57

Isn't the a thread with this exact game

here it is

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/forum/home-en/83?topic=77932

in Keju
User
Registered2014-01-24
in Bengaluru FC
eng holt >> saturday may 4 - 09:41

@Keju It is.I was trying to replicate his success.

@Numpty i realised that.The changes have been made.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
eng holt >> monday june 3 - 14:58

Normal(10 PTS)

1)Enjoyed stints in Belgium and Germany 

2)Managed  NT of an African Country

3)Currently a politician.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18