Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

corner kick (7)

il h83 >> tuesday november 20 - 06:47

what do i need to score from corners?

why only the def get passes from corner and not mid or forwards?

is it a good thing to train my def long shoot?

il h83
User
Registered2016-07-13
eng Lee >> tuesday november 20 - 18:16

Having a tall player would help win headers, and also using 'offensive' for corners under Advanced Settings:

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/help/home/category-1/article-54

Training long shots on defenders and midfielders is a good idea, as they would then use their dueling or passing for shooting:

Gets a bonus at scoring from outside the penalty area. Can also use passing or dueling instead of scoring for these shots.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
nl Koen >> tuesday november 20 - 18:21

Everything Lee says is true, that is what you have to do to improve your chances in scoring a goal from corners. I have done so too. Realitycheck: I score one corner every three seasons or something like that. In my opinion corners are not really a part of the game. I hope that the announced ME update reestablishes corners again.

nl Koen
Registered2013-03-21
ee Balthazor >> tuesday november 20 - 19:55

...and once we had times when almost in every match a corner or two was scored, so it was main goal source. 

ee Balthazor
User
Registered2013-12-01
ee Dünamo Tallinn
lv Namejs >> tuesday november 20 - 21:33

Long shots aren't used in set piece situations where shoot comes as a direct pass from set piece.

lv Namejs
Community admin
Registered2014-07-06
lv Taurupes Dusmīgie Bebri
il h83 >> thursday november 22 - 09:30

Namejs, are you sure? how do you know that?

il h83
User
Registered2016-07-13
lv Namejs >> thursday november 22 - 10:32

My memory serves me in strange ways. I remeber there was a discussion about it years ago and Vincent said that special attributes regarding shooting are not included in scoring from set piece pass. Once there was a time where long shot was on all but DCB defenders after this clarification Long Shot defenders dissapeared fore a while.

lv Namejs
Community admin
Registered2014-07-06
lv Taurupes Dusmīgie Bebri