Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Suggestions

Bot teams bidding less than 80% (11)

gr PMK >> thursday december 6 - 10:25

Please stop the bot teams bid less than the 80% of the asking price. It's meaningless and annoying. Thank you

gr PMK
User
Registered2013-09-20
nl Glory >> thursday december 6 - 11:45

If those are the only bids you get, you'd better avoid all your frustration and adjust your asking price to less meaningless prices? 

nl Glory
Registered2016-03-21
gr PMK >> thursday december 6 - 11:57

You have a point there. But I prefer no bid at all than this kind of bids.

gr PMK
User
Registered2013-09-20
nl Losing >> thursday december 6 - 15:09

I prefer those bids b/c they're often higher than any human would bid. I put old and bad players on the tm for high prices specifically hoping on bots bidding when the players obviously aren't anything a human would want (anymore). 

nl Losing
User
Registered2017-05-06
nl Koen >> thursday december 6 - 15:24, Edited thursday december 6 - 15:29

Bots do not act based on the askingprice, but on the marketvalue. They bid between 80 and 105(?) percent of the marketvalue regardless of askingprice. You cannot 'seduce' a bot to bid more by manipulating the askingprice.

I put the numbers there based on how I remember a post by Vincent of some time ago. I'm pretty sure the 80% is correct, but I'm very much doubting the upperlimit. I bet there is someone who knows the correct numbers, or is able to link Vincents post. 

Edit: This is also the explanation for what PMK experiences. Bots don't care what you asked :)

nl Koen
Registered2013-03-21
gr PMK >> thursday december 6 - 16:02

The problem comes when I have to deny the offer. Spending time for a price I didn't ask for. If they don't like my lower limit just stay away. Simple 

gr PMK
User
Registered2013-09-20
us Joey Zyla >> thursday december 6 - 18:13

It takes about ten seconds to reject the offer, doesn't it?

us Joey Zyla
User
Registered2015-01-08
ee Pärnu JK
lv Brudaks >> friday december 7 - 13:30

I'm more concerned about bot teams bidding literally 1$ under the listed price. 

I mean, ok, if you really want to, I *will* rent that player for 154 497 even though I asked 154 498, but is that *really* worth an extra click for anyone?

lv Brudaks
Registered2017-05-04
ee onuelver >> saturday december 8 - 20:46

@Brudaks

It's like "moral win" from buying for €9,99 not for €10. Idiotic habit IMO but many set prices with nines ending. It would be much easier with rounded prices. 

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
eng holt >> sunday december 9 - 02:42

@PMK

If it was the last day of the transfer market and a bot team bids 80% of his salary for a supertalent,would you reject him?

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
gr PMK >> sunday december 9 - 07:13, Edited wednesday december 12 - 12:39

@holt 80% of his market value you mean . Well If the market value was 25M and I was asking for 60M the bot would bid 20M. So I would reject it.

gr PMK
User
Registered2013-09-20