Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Suggestions

New server please (26)

tr red >> monday february 4 - 21:19

Open New server please game is dead

tr red
User
Registered2014-02-25
nl Joddit >> monday february 4 - 22:00

What do you mean??

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
nl Vince Dean >> tuesday february 5 - 00:32

I think a complete restart would actually be fun, but it's not realistic. 

I can totally understand that 95% of the people wouldn't agree cause of all the time and effort they have put into the team. 

nl Vince Dean
Registered2013-10-11
ca Alex Seymour >> tuesday february 5 - 00:55

It would kill off the initial server, no new growth. People who have put in time, effort and money would be upset. The second server would eventually end up the same way as the initial server.

The solution is to entice new users to the initial server. Teams that are at the top now will eventually flatline (i.e reach a theoretical max and either decline or tread water staying on top). Players just need patience and accept that jumping the ladder via advanced teams is the route to the top. Top managers/teams quit all the time, there will always be opportunities if you are patient.

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
il Numpty >> tuesday february 5 - 04:03, Edited tuesday february 5 - 04:04

No new server needed, the game is far from dead. As Alex says, it would eventually kill off the existing game. Many other MMRPGs decline in the same way when they have multiple servers, as everyone prefers to join the new ones. 

What's needed is a rethink that allows both the long term and new players to remain interested.  

I don't believe that "jumping the ladder" by taking over advanced clubs will attract and retain the new users. People who hope for immediate success may be attracted to that method but most will quickly fall away as they have no investment of their own in the club that someone else built. Or they will just hop from club to club. 

The new users who invest their time and effort in building their own clubs are much more likely to stay long term. What's needed is a means to enable any new users to climb to the top in a realistic time frame. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ca Alex Seymour >> tuesday february 5 - 04:23

I agree. It's been discussed before but introducing competitions like the FA Trophy and Continental competitions to lower tier clubs could work.

For the jumping route, allowing managers who are in the lower tier but have been managing for a certain amount of time or earned management points for promotions etc.. to have first chance at taking over highly advanced teams.

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
ee Kaarel >> tuesday february 5 - 06:44

So you want to kill my 5 year work.... Thanks but no thanks!

Opening new server would swipe away some quite few existing long term managers. Also it would keep those who come fast, leave fast.

ee Kaarel
User
Registered2013-12-25
ee Anonüümsed Alkohoolikud
tr red >> tuesday february 5 - 06:54
let's keep the old game open a new one
tr red
User
Registered2014-02-25
tr red >> tuesday february 5 - 07:01

Not aware of the game dying friends? update is not even coming to the league closes the number of players is decreasing a second server why not good in the meantime, I gave 5 years

tr red
User
Registered2014-02-25
tr red >> monday april 22 - 12:12

New server pls game is death

tr red
User
Registered2014-02-25
ro Andrei >> monday april 22 - 17:39
Please don't bump the post unless you have something new to add to the topic. Thanks.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
tr red >> tuesday april 23 - 07:05

restart game

tr red
User
Registered2014-02-25
au davo >> tuesday april 23 - 07:44

How is the game dead for you? Your division has no botteams and you still have the challenge of actually succeeding at winning something.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
uy Awful >> tuesday april 23 - 10:43

hes out of money :D building museum

uy Awful
User
Registered2015-05-10
hr Internacionālā Daugava FC
pt Sir Alex >> tuesday april 23 - 11:41
I think Awful reach the point. No money, no funny XD
pt Sir Alex