Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

Beginner/Noob help about training players (15)

eng Matt >> tuesday february 19 - 10:42

Hello Guys,

I am fairly new to Rocking Soccer and I only started a few months ago and I have been taking it slow until now, I have sold a few dead weight players and older players to buy in a few decent younger players, and I am still in the process of shaping my team season by season as generating money when you only have a level 3 stadium & facilities is rather difficult, for now.

The trouble I am having is I did the tutorials and stuff, but what I have been doing since then is putting my players into matches and getting my different players to play in as many matches that they can get XP from in order to improve their stats. I have just noticed today that there is something called 'Special Training' which I haven't really been doing at all, is this something I should be doing? and if so, how important is it?

Should I be spending all my XP on stats or should i be trainig special stats too? Sorry I am new here and I am trying to get out of Division 4 in England,there are some tough teams so it will tkae some time. I still feel I know little about this game

Any advice you can give will be appreciated, I am quite a noob at this game apart from the basics

eng Matt
User
Registered2018-11-19
il Numpty >> tuesday february 19 - 11:46

HI Matt

I've only been playing a month longer than you. There's loads of very useful advice on the forum if you take the time and the trouble to search for it. 

It seems that long term what's necessary to get anywhere near the top is high level facilities and lots of money, so for now I am concentrating on building facilities, gaining popularity and trying to make some money. I'll worry about trying to get a good team when I can afford it. 

Specials are useful but probably not essential at the bottom levels. They also take ages to train with low level facilities. There's a thread on Specials here:

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/forum/home-en/1?topic=39588 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
nl Joost >> tuesday february 19 - 22:50, Edited tuesday february 19 - 22:51

Matt, it is important to get money in RS. First to build higher facilities and later to invest in players. In order to get money it is important to built an extra level on your stadium and fanshop. Another important building to generate money is your trainingcentre, you should get it on level 10 as soon as possible (stadium/fanshop first).

Your trainingcentre will generate a lot of money by training youth players. Their value rises quicker with a higher trainingcomplex. The special training is useful in two ways. It can make your players better performing and it make them worth more. However, you should use this wisely. For example don't give old players such a training they will soon retire and they can not really enjoy the extra training. On the other hand don't use it for players which are not strong (potential good players can get this kind of training).

In the beginning your team will not have many top-players / very good in fact in a few seasons no one player you have now should be still in your squad. My advice for current season is to give special training in order to collect money. You can do this by training correct on players. The player will be worth about 10% more, this means you add more value on a player of 10 million than on a player of 1 million. At the end of the season you get rid of them and get a nice profit on the player.

nl Joost
User
Registered2016-06-30
nl FC OTB
ca George LGeorge >> tuesday february 19 - 23:04

As others have said, focus on spending money on improving your facilities first (priority stadium, training centre, youth centre, office).  Certainly train your youth players but in reality its just to sell them when they get older.  Once you get players of talent 4.8 or higher you may want to actually keep for the long term.

Feel free to "friend" me if you want more help.

ca George LGeorge
User
Registered2016-09-18
ca Edmonton Cyclones
nl Danh >> wednesday february 20 - 10:41

I agree with George.

youth below 4,8 talent are a waste of time and if u keep upgrading fast u can get them.

Always upgrade stadium when available (with fanshop and catering along side it)

Then focus mostly on Youth center (YC) and training center (TC).

but always keep building never stop ;)

nl Danh
User
Registered2013-05-21
lv Namejs >> wednesday february 20 - 11:54

Don't forget about Scout Office and Office. I'd say they are 3. most important facility for new teams.

Scout office to level 7. Office to level 3 so You an appoint 2 construction masters

lv Namejs
Community admin
Registered2014-07-06
lv Taurupes Dusmīgie Bebri
nl Danh >> wednesday february 20 - 13:02

office yes but why scout office?

nl Danh
User
Registered2013-05-21
in Keju >> wednesday february 20 - 14:39

You need to recruit young players to make money. An upgrade in the scouts office allows you to search for tranfers from more regions, giving you a better chance of getting the players you want

in Keju
User
Registered2014-01-24
in Bengaluru FC
nl Danh >> wednesday february 20 - 14:42

yes But I think upgrading YC is a fast method of securing good youngsters

nl Danh
User
Registered2013-05-21
lv Namejs >> wednesday february 20 - 16:01

Danh, Scout Office is fastest facility to build to 7. level which is required for building Office. And building YC while You have begginer bonus is wasting building time. You need at least 8. level YC to get decent youngsters. OFC You need 3. YC to get U 21 team but building YC any further is waste of building time, again during begginer bonus that is.

Scout office is needed also to buy and loan in players.

lv Namejs
Community admin
Registered2014-07-06
il Numpty >> wednesday february 20 - 16:09, Edited wednesday february 20 - 16:12

I think the main reason to suggest doing the Scout Office is that you need level 7 to build an Office, and building the Scout Office is the quickest and cheapest way to get to level 7. 

When I started I read all the advice I could find on the forum and did it that way so I could get a CM at the earliest opportunity. The problem with building very fast at the start was that I was always very short of money as it all went on construction.

In retrospect, the TC is much more useful than the Scout Office - at the start there's really not much point in being able to buy players that you cannot train -  so I may have been better getting my TC to level 7 first and taking a few days longer to get a CM. 

I think if I started again I would probably do it that way around. 

(Edit - Was writing, so hadn't seen the previous response.)

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
lv Namejs >> wednesday february 20 - 18:02

Numpty, that's where loans come in. Loaning in smartly You can get all scoring power Your team need; defending positions are not so important so to loan in defenders and especiallly keeper that is wasting loan spaces. I loaned in players for first 3 seasons with my second team. After that this option did become useless. Though I still used loans to fill spaces. Also buy in couple 30 years old forwards/midfielders every season. For team in lower leagues that is best option as after one or two seasons they can be turned into office workers. Defenders can be safely used up until 32, 33 Years old, keepers even after 42.

lv Namejs
Community admin
Registered2014-07-06
eng Stephen >> thursday february 21 - 20:57

Always look to upgrade your facilities in the early days and take advantage of the reduced construction times. Joost's post is a sensible one. 

At the end of this season, look in the transfer market for three loan players. They don't have to be Ronaldo and Messi quality, but you will be able to find some players who can massively improve your team. I generally try and find a striker and a midfielder when I have a new team. A good GK can make a difference too if your own GK is relatively weak.

Finally, don't get attached to your own youth players. They will be not very good and it's best to move them on and buy in better ones. Eventually you will have a decent youth centre and grow your own. In the early days, I prefer to import from other academies.

Hope this helps. There are a lot of experienced managers in the English leagues. The league forums of League 1 and League 2 can be a good place to ask questions.

Most importantly, have fun!

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Matt >> friday february 22 - 09:00, Edited friday february 22 - 09:01

Hello guys,

Firstly, thank you for your replies ! it is clear to me that Rocking Soccer is a great community so thank you for pitching in, helps a lot. I haven't wasted a single second on construction since I started, I have all my non-stadium buildings either level 7 or 6 about to get 7. My stadium is only lv3 as is my Office and Fan Centre but as soon as I get the required attendances at home I always upgrade the money making buildings.

Thanks for the help, I was getting a little atatched to my touth players but I guess I will sell them and move them on. My youth centre put out a GK who was only 17 years old and has a talent of around 5.5, I have been training him and he is around 3.0 in skills now and only 18, shall i atleast keep him for a future GK? he is already doing well for me despite being quite inexperienced

I am going to loan in 3 players in the windows, thanks for the advice

eng Matt
User
Registered2018-11-19
eng Stephen >> sunday february 24 - 07:16

You can keep that GK if you want to, but look in the transfer market at other GKs of a similar age. You will notice how your player is behind players who have less talent. He will never be a top player, so it just depends on how aggressive you want to be in getting up the leagues. Keep him a bit longer at least, as his market value will rise. If/when you sell him, you want the most money you can get.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach