Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

Not bot team promoted after 4th place? (9)

nl Joddit >> friday march 22 - 13:49, Edited saturday march 23 - 00:46

After finishing first last season in the 4th tier I got promoted to the 3rd tier. 

After checking out my new league I found a familiar team there.

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/team-10401

This team got promoted into the 3rd tier after finishing 4th in my league last season, which is not a promotion place, nor a play-off place. Upon checking its tournament history I found out that indeed it got straight promotion after finishing 4th. 

Any thoughts as to how this is possible, because I am at a loss here. 

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
il Numpty >> friday march 22 - 14:48

It seems that The Netherlands league has just been reorganised, changing from 5 levels to 4.

So I guess it's a result of that change. Maybe some of the level 3 and 4 bot teams got replaced from lower levels?

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
nl Joddit >> friday march 22 - 17:33

Well, I didn't mention this  but it's not a bot, even though it only technically has a manager (since he/she did not do anything with his/her team).

To be fair, I hadn't noticed the fifth tier missing, but that part is certainly true  it turns out. 

It seems however rather odd that our former number 4 got promoted for free but the number 3 didn't (failing to get promoted via the play-offs). 

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
il Numpty >> friday march 22 - 19:27, Edited friday march 22 - 19:46

It's likely that as part of the restructure the higher level bot teams got removed and then real managed teams get shuffled up to replace them.

It's probably the case that promoting the next in line was simpler logic than checking the playoff results, but maybe only Vincent can give a full explanation of the reasons.

EDIT

It's true that that you didn't mention that it's not a bot.  But you did say that it was a bot team in the thread title. tongue-out

I've just checked the league they went into, League of The Netherlands [3.2], I've noticed that there were 2 bot teams that got relegated from non-relegation positions.

League table for last season:

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/league-nl.43/level-3/group-2

FC Middelburg #2 finished 10th and SC Maassluis finished 13th. These are now in level 4.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
nl Joddit >> friday march 22 - 19:49, Edited friday march 22 - 19:55

Indeed I did. My apologies for that misguided title. That was obviously my mistake.

For the record. He got promoted into 3.1, not 3.2. Maybe it was more convenient to promote the next in line, but it does seem a bit unfair. 

Edit: Changed title after Numpty's remark. 

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
il Numpty >> friday march 22 - 19:55, Edited friday march 22 - 20:01

Lol cool

I just followed the team link you gave in the first post. FC Groningen who are in 3.2 but finished 9th in 3.1, and not 4th in level 4. 

So it seems you gave the wrong link as well. 

A comedy of errors tongue-out

Is this the team?

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/team-10401

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
nl Joddit >> saturday march 23 - 00:41, Edited saturday march 23 - 00:43

That mistake I don't understand, since I had simply copied the link. Didn't check it afterwards of course, but how that could have changed I do not understand.

But yes that's the one. 

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
us Joey Zyla >> saturday march 23 - 05:41, Edited saturday march 23 - 05:58

Not only did SC Joure, as the fourth-place finisher in 4.4, get promoted ahead of third-place FC Kooistee, but also look at last season's standings in league 4.1:

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/league-nl.43/level-4/group-1

The fifth- and sixth-placed teams were promoted, while second-place ZVVS remains in the fourth tier.

And in 4.3:

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/league-nl.43/level-4/group-3

Feyenoord R (5th) was promoted, while Pixies (2nd) and FC Petje Moet Zweven (3rd) were not.

Basically it looks like the bot teams that were in the third tier last season were replaced by the highest finishing human-managed teams from the fourth tier, but excluding the teams that lost in the playoffs.

It certainly does seem unfair to the teams in the playoffs that missed out on promotion. Most likely what Numpty said:

"It's probably the case that promoting the next in line was simpler logic than checking the playoff results, but maybe only Vincent can give a full explanation of the reasons."

us Joey Zyla
User
Registered2015-01-08
ee FC Aegna
nl Joddit >> saturday march 23 - 10:26

Thanks for responding all. 

So it seems weird, but there might be a decent explanation for it. 

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC