Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Suggestions

Reserve players on the league games (9)

hu David >> tuesday april 9 - 17:48

I could write the same, as in the "Frustration"-topic:
"WHY is it possible, that some managers don't put some better players in the first team, than don't make tactic for the game, and these players are in the starting 11?

WHY is it often, that these teams get a huge advantage on these games, where the manager don't care about the team?"
And some teams make if often that they don't make tactic, like, ok I have better chance to get a good result.
Here in the swiss league there are also at least 2 teams, who make this, and get advantage, I get 4 goals vs. Wohlen, 3 from free kick, and my fair players make the fouls very often...
I will think about it, is it worth to play, when these things are still there, and no fair play is in the game?
Or should I make the same tactic like these teams, would be better?

hu David
User
Registered2016-10-22
hu FC Ajka
il Numpty >> tuesday april 9 - 19:11

I'm sorry I don't understand what you are suggesting. 

Please can you give an example of a match that explains what you mean. Thanks. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
nl Vincent de Boer >> tuesday april 9 - 21:30

You can not get an advantage by not setting a line-up for your team. The assistant is not very good. That doesn't mean a line-up from the assistant will always lose though.

The assistant uses players from both the reserve squad and the main squad. This is intentional. This was added as a precaution against people who would try to lose matches on purpose by moving their best players to the reserve squad.

This is not an advantage because as a human manager you can freely move players from the reserve squad to the main squad.

nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
hu David >> wednesday april 10 - 03:28

The problem is, why reserve players on the league games are playing.

Than why is there a first team and a reserve team when I don’t make lineup and everyone can play?

My suggestion would be: a) only first team players are playing on the league games, b) no reserve team, than everyone can play on the games, or c) that if i make lineup than everyone should be available, on this case I put also some good players on the reserve and I will also mislead my opponents who are hoping an easy win :-)

hu David
User
Registered2016-10-22
hu FC Ajka
nl Vincent de Boer >> wednesday april 10 - 06:41

You can move players to the reserve squad after making your line-up if you want to mislead opponents. I do not think that will work though if they use the analyse function.

The first team/reserve team is there for your convenience. 

nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
hu David >> wednesday april 10 - 14:31

https://rockingsoccer.com/hu/foci/info/match-15658730

I was disappointed about this ridiculous result, it's like ok, that I concede 3 goals after free kicks from diverse positions with 5,29 passing (without the bonus for freekicks). My GK didn't had the freekick stopper skill, it's not the main problem.
Oglyyev and Board played in the start, who are part of the reserve team. The manager didn't set any lineup, and they were able to play in the game.
It isn't the rule, that only for players from the first team are allowed to play on league games?
Why is it possible that these "assistant" players from the reserve in the starting 11 put?
Than makes no sense to have first and reserve team if everyone is allowed to play, just because the manager don't care about the team, not even, that he/she puts the best at least in the first team.
I don't suggest that no line-up= defeat, but this way is also not okay.
Make the rules for everyone, or for nobody!

hu David
User
Registered2016-10-22
hu FC Ajka
il Numpty >> wednesday april 10 - 14:48, Edited wednesday april 10 - 14:57

Vincent already answered this. 

"The assistant uses players from both the reserve squad and the main squad. This is intentional."

If the manager is absent and the lineup is selected by the "assistant" then he generally selects the strongest team from the whole squad, even if some of the better players have been placed in the reserves. 

Isn't that a reasonable thing to do? 

Likewise if the manager is making the selection then he cannot freely put all the best players in the reserves because they are still considered when the lineup is checked by the "board". If necessary some have to be taken out of the reserves in order to be selected. 

Similarly, a manager can place some of the players in the reserves after selecting the lineup. They will still play.

There is no advantage or disadvantage from placing players in the reserves, other than perhaps of hoping to obfuscate the main squad from an opposing manager.

If you want to check the main players for a team, then you can always do so via:

Club > Player Statistics > Current Season

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
hu David >> wednesday april 10 - 14:59

= everything is ok and fine, nothing will change.

hu David
User
Registered2016-10-22
hu FC Ajka
il Numpty >> wednesday april 10 - 15:05, Edited wednesday april 10 - 15:07

Vincent's already explained why it works the way it does. 

The reason that assistants have to select players from the reserves is to avoid the situation where a manager deliberately puts his best players in the reserves to stop them from being selected. 

If the manager tries that and makes his own selection then he cannot save the lineup. The "board" lineup restriction applies to the whole squad and not just the first team. 

It's perfectly fine to disagree, but I'm not clear what you think should work differently?

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets