Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

The Interview (15)

eng holt >> thursday april 11 - 04:58

This is the official thread and only interviews will be posted here.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
eng holt >> monday october 21 - 12:15, Edited tuesday october 22 - 16:41

EDIT:This interview isn't conducted by me and it was conducted by Revolte in the French Forum,from whom I have obtained the permission to duplicate it.I don't think that I will be able to conduct them in the near future so this is the best I can currently offer.

Pardon any inaccuracies in translation please.

Abel Tasman FC (Revolte)

Could you introduce your club to us since the beginning and tell us about its history? For how long have you been playing RS? Could you tell us about your career?

The story may have some holes because when I first took over the club, I doubted if my players would be able to perform. I did not take care to analyse the growth of my players on a spreadsheet.
As a matter of fact, the more I play this game , the more attention I pay to different aspects and I note down things that might help me later.

Roughly speaking, I joined RS 6 and a half years before. I took in charge a brand new team. Since the beginning, I had in the idea of ​​putting the priority on home-grown/French talent. I have never welcomed a foreigner to our league. It's not a question of racism, it's just that if you want to have a strong National team, the core of your league must consist of French managers.

Also,it feels more natural to talk about a player to the National Team coach in the ethnic language(French).

I put aside the results so that the youngsters would get more playtime. However I was too lax on the friendly matches and I do not dare to play a player 2 games in a single day lest he hurt himself.

I went up the Divisions fairly easily for the first few seasons as the game was filled with bots. I stagnated in league 2, and I failed to get promoted after 3-4 seasons . I finally made it to Ligue 1 and I survived for 2-3 seasons, before getting banished to Ligue 2 again.

League 1 is not an end in itself to me. The only benefit of being in the top 2 leagues is to have a stadium filled to get money and continue to give me a high-flying team. But it gets more and more complicated with the arrival of new players at crazy prices.

Who is the most iconic player in your club?

The choice is very difficult between Causier and Carballar. I would choose Philippe Causier as he played a crucial role in getting us promoted to Ligue 1.He has assisted the most for us( 319 in 489 games), which means he has assisted in 65% of his matches! Today he waits for a seat at the headquarters and turns his thumbs, but he also does a lot of autograph sessions. Oh,and he loves to talk about himself....

What aspects of the game would you like to improve?

It would be the randomness of the Match engine .Although I am totally okay with it as in real life, surprises happen and anything can happen on the pitch.

But when it becomes a regular occurrence it's annoying. That being said, I am sure that the number of points that a team would receive without the randomness, would be identical to its actual point tally,as the game sets the record straight one way or the other.

This randomness denied our team of an excellent season a few (game) years ago.We had beaten Burgiens both times during the regular season. And on paper, our teams were equal.However,my team completely collapsed against them in the Cup tie.

I know that what I say may seem contradictory because at the same time that I criticize the engine, I "excuse" saying that it happens in IRL. But it's because I have no concrete proof of what I'm saying, it's just a feeling. A feeling that I am not the only one to have but it does not say that we are right. The truth is that I do not know anything about it.

Do you have a specific strategy? If so, can you explain it to us?

Yes, I have explained it in detail in the French forum. Basically, my team is composed entirely of French players who originated in French teams. I let youngsters play friendly matches. At age 19, they join the Team and are rotated. At age 20, they become first team. At age 26, they are sold off to the bigger teams(where they have a chance of winning something). This strategy allows me to plan for the long term and pushes me to do something that I have always struggled from the start, selling my players. I am a little conservative/sentimental and to sell such talents is torturous but required.

What are you most proud of with your club?

Having managed to put some of my players in the NT. None so far have reach the hall-of-fame mark but it may happen someday.

Do you have any rivalries?

Not particularly. But as you may have guessed, my confrontations with Burgiens are still tinged with "angry nostalgia".

Do you have a pet peeve?

Guess :)

Is there a club in Rocking Soccer that you follow and / or that you would like to copy? If so, which one and why?

I am especially clubs that have everything focused on youth. Breizh, Vogesia and Olympique Strasbourg to name a few.

Have you established a special training program for your players? How do you define the attribute priorities of your players?

First of all, I contemplate if this new player will be good enough to reach my first XI. Whether will he be a mainstay of the team or will he be only an average player who is supposed to replace the aging players. Whether his attributes and characteristics will make him an elite player.

The strongest will be subjected to a variety of attribute trainings via suggestions on the Forum. The means that they will receive one or two special trainings but not more.

What defines the order is their order of arrival in the First Team. Unfortunately, as I put this strategy in motion that since this summer, I still have a huge backlog (special trainings that need to be provided to youngsters before they reach 21).

Would you ever like to be a coach of the National Team?

Maybe in another life, where I would have more time to spend on this game. But hey, I would be better as a coach than a tactician.

Do you have a VIP account? If so, what does it bring you? Do you find the benefits of disproportionate VIP compared to players playing for free?

No, I do not have a VIP account. To be honest, I cheer for games like RS that aren't play-to-win.I know that the game will need to put up more ad banners to keep developing the game , but I'm not sure it would please everyone to have more ads on the game.

Are you a follower of the transfer market? Do you think it would be possible to improve this aspect of the game?

I only use it to sell my players. And I must say that since the arrival of new huldings(YA,TA), it is difficult to sell the players at the same prices they used to go for before. So much as to say that if today we get a player for its real value, we would consider ourselves as blessed. It may be more just like that, but this situation has created a monstrous imbalance between former managers and newcomers.

This gap is not going to get closed by the new buildings and their prices. If a solution is not found, we may soon find out that the only ones who play this game are the ones who joined much before.

On the economy side, do you have a particular technique for making money? If so, do you want to share it with us?

I admit that the strategy I chose (which is always better than the old one where I kept my players until their retirement) is perhaps not the easiest from the point of view of economy. Apart from transfers, stadium revenues, TV revenues and sponsors, there are no other trump cards to play. The income from the stadium is at the max, TV revenues do not earn enough to play a determining role, ditto for sponsors, there is only on transfers that can keep my club up and running.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
in Keju >> monday october 21 - 13:15, Edited monday october 21 - 13:15

Nice, interesting insight 

in Keju
User
Registered2014-01-24
in Bengaluru FC
ro Andrei >> monday october 21 - 17:53
Bit difficult to read, with all those big blank spaces. Can you clean it up a bit, please?
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
eng holt >> monday october 21 - 18:44

@Andrei For some reason,the advanced editing(bold,italics) doesn't show up on Chrome on PC. Would it be possible for you to get rid of the excessive blank speces please?

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
lv Tamaz >> tuesday october 22 - 01:01

I created many interviews with Latvian managers some years ago

Nothing new about this one.

Well this is the reason why i want other "news" section, where we cud read some interviews. Not wait for vincent to post something 1 time per 3 years

lv Tamaz
User
Registered2013-07-20
lv Football Club Skonto
ro Andrei >> tuesday october 22 - 03:07
You don't need advanced editing to clear up those blank spaces, Holt.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
il Numpty >> tuesday october 22 - 08:09, Edited tuesday october 22 - 08:13
    • Chrome works fine for me.

Emojis have stopped working though.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
by Andryvs >> tuesday october 22 - 10:47

+1

We need more interviews

by Andryvs
User
Registered2015-02-28
by Prussians
eng holt >> tuesday october 22 - 16:42

@Tamaz If you could send them to me, I could sort them and post the best ones here.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
lv Tamaz >> thursday october 24 - 05:33

@holt

I cud do some translation first. Then i cud send them to you

lv Tamaz
User
Registered2013-07-20
lv Football Club Skonto
eng holt >> thursday october 24 - 08:05

@Tamaz That would be great thanks

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
by Andryvs >> thursday october 24 - 17:03

Abel Tasman FC (Revolte) 

But still his junior system does not help against my youngsters 2:4

by Andryvs
User
Registered2015-02-28
by Prussians
eng holt >> thursday january 5 - 07:44, Edited thursday january 5 - 07:45

It is unfortunate that this never took off. These are the questions I had come up with, anyone can take them up if they like:

How did you come across this game ?
Who is the most iconic player in your club?
What aspects of the game would you like to improve?
Could you tell us about yourself/yourcareer?  
Do you have a specific stategy in international compiticions?
Do you have a favorite rival?  
Is there a club in Rocking Soccer that you follow and / or that you would like to copy? If so, which one and why?
Do you have a VIP account? If yes, how much of an impact does it make?
If you were allowed to buy any 3 players and never buy anymore,who would you buy?
What unexpected obstacles have you had to overcome in the past seasons?
Have you ever been inactive for a long time?If yes,what brought you back to the game?
What is your characteristic management style?
What are the pressures you face as a manager of the national team?
Has the burden of previous wins and achievements ever pull you down?
What would you have done differently at the beginning of your career?
If there was one change that you could have made to the game in the beginning,what would it be?
Tell us how do you manage the finances of such a large club.
Could you tell us about some obscure tips or tricks that you utilise?
What are your thoughts about the current state of the transfer market?
What player attributes and formation does one require to use short and long passing successfully?
How should a manager handle his finanaces to accomodate the Youth Acadamy?
Are there any specific types of players that managers should look out for in the market?
What are your goals for the upcoming season(s)?
How should this game be marketed to the newer generation?
How could the game be made more appealing for the youngsters?
Would you support the idea of launching an app for Rocking Soccer?
What could be done to solve the supply and demand imbalance of the market?
What is strangest/weirdest thing you have come across on this game?
Have you ever mentioned this game to anyone else?If yes,what were their opinions about it.
What makes you different from the other managers?
How much time do you spend on this game?
Teams have already reached YA 4 while most are stuck at YC 10.Is this good for the game?

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18