Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

Vain & Modest (7)

pt otario007 >> wednesday june 12 - 11:38

I am a little lost on how this attribute works. What does it actually impact? Does it have an effect on the fixed attributes (like short), an effect on the trainable attributes (like team player or selfish), or an effect on the probability of an event going well (ex. increasing the chances of a cross or an interception being successful)?

pt otario007
User
Registered2014-05-23
eng Stephen >> wednesday june 12 - 11:54

Firstly, you can’t train selfish or team player. These are natural attributes, like short.

The description of each attribute does not fully explain how it works. My assumption is that the player will get a bonus to all the trainable skills (passing, duelling, blocking and scoring) when the criteria is met to get the bonus. I also assume the player would get a penalty on these same skills when the criteria are not met.

I don’t know what the bonus and penalty is and whether the bonus and the penalty are the same size.

Vain seems like it would be difficult to make work. On a ‘normal’ player, perhaps a defender with blocking and tactics to inflate the star value? Even then, he would have to be trained for several seasons unless you have a weak team. On a very good supertalent things might be different, I suppose.

Modest seems easier to use, perhaps with the exception of having it on a very good supertalent.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> wednesday june 12 - 12:34, Edited wednesday june 12 - 12:35

I think only Vincent can really answer this in any detail.

It says they simply make the player play better (or worse), which could mean a small boost to all the trainable attributes, fixed attributes or both, or maybe as otario suggests it could alter the probability of each event that involves the player.  We simply don't know.

@ Stephen 

I think you've misunderstood otario's references to the natural special attributes.

Short increases Speed, which is fixed. Team player increases Passing, and Selfish increases Scoring - both of which are trainable. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> wednesday june 12 - 15:01, Edited wednesday june 12 - 16:04

I haven’t @numpty.

Those attributes are ‘fixed’. As far as I am aware, there’s nothing in the game that changes the benefits/behaviours that those attributes bring. You can train the skills of passing and scoring but you can’t train team player/selfish onto a player and nor can you diminish or increase the value that they bring. If selfish gives (for arguments sake) 0.2 scoring, then playing that player even as a GK would still give him 0.2 scoring as pointless as that would be!

None of the attributes add to star value which is the only thing that brings vain/modest into play.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
pt otario007 >> wednesday june 12 - 17:35

@Stephen

You actually have. I know that you cant train neither team player nor selfish, I was just giving a couple of examples of natural special attributes that increase the trainable attributes of a player, and wondering if that was what Vain/modest did.

pt otario007
User
Registered2014-05-23
eng Stephen >> wednesday june 12 - 17:56

My mistake then. Your second explanation is a lot clearer than your first.

I think the bonus will be like patriotic - to all of the trainables - rather than to all of the fixers. But that’s just taking other attributes like ‘patriotic’ and applying the same logic.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach