Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Suggestions

Option to set default tactics (15)

il Numpty >> friday june 21 - 11:53

Please can we have a setting option thats sets the default tactics (the Advanced settings) for every match. Perhaps with a different option for main and U21 games. 

So when choosing a lineup the Advanced settings will already be loaded with the chosen default values and can then be changed as necessary for individual matches.

This would save the trouble of having to set them for every match. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
nl Joost >> friday june 21 - 12:16

On this moment it is already possible to save a lineup inclusive tactics. So what you wish above this possibility is not clear to me. 

nl Joost
User
Registered2016-06-30
nl FC OTB
nl Counter_Culture >> friday june 21 - 12:17, Edited friday june 21 - 12:18

Agree with Numpty. Furthermore, I would like to have an option to set a "default line-up", which is automatically set if the manager hasn't manually chosen a line-up for a match. Sometimes I forget to set a line-up on time and it's pretty frustrating to find out your secretary has created a ridiculous line-up :-)

nl Counter_Culture
Registered2013-05-30
eng holt >> friday june 21 - 12:47
https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/forum/home-en/1?topic=84794&posts=9

Suggested it a long time ago,got locked.

Also:

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/forum/home-en/1?topic=85722&posts=3
eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
ee onuelver >> saturday june 22 - 02:53

I don't see real point for this. You can save your "default" lineup and through My matches save it for several days. When one of your starting players get injured or cards all lineup is anyway messed up by assholeistant/bot. 

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
il Numpty >> saturday june 22 - 08:06, Edited saturday june 22 - 09:10

@ Joost

Having a default setting for tactics is entirely different to loading a previously saved lineup and tactics. 

There are a few differences:

1. In order to use any saved lineup for default tactics it would need to be loaded every time, in which case it's not a default setting if it needs a manual action for every game.
  2. In any event saved lineups can't always be loaded if, for instance, the lineup contains too many weak players. 
  3. Any saved lineups would need to be maintained and kept up to date, with frequent 'saves' and this would introduce the possibility of changing the saved tactics which may have been set differently for one match. Hence there would be a need for checking that the right tactics had been saved and/or loaded. 

The idea is to be able to simply select a player lineup with previously chosen default tactics without necessarily needing to load an already saved set of lineup and tactics. 

It's no big deal really, but I think this would be a useful feature.

Edit

And just to add that I frequently change tactics, so I can never be sure exactly which tactics have been stored in my saved lineups. For that reason I need to check them every time I use the load function.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ee onuelver >> sunday june 23 - 19:44

I dont understand- problem is to make couple additional clicks? Damn snowflakes generation laughing 

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
cn Angelo >> thursday july 11 - 09:21

This change does not make any sense, and the current feature of saving the lineup is acceptable.

cn Angelo
User
Registered2016-08-12
ee Balthazor >> monday july 15 - 19:30

I predict that after this change many will save their best lineup as default.  If there is no injuries or cards currently, lazy manager might get rewarded.

You can load at first previously saved lineup and then just change those players you want. It will save you from dragging 17 players to field one by one. 

(and I am manager, who forgets every season at least 2-3 lineups, but it's normal, that more careful opponent might get rewarded for his work and take my points then)

ee Balthazor
User
Registered2013-12-01
ee Dünamo Tallinn
il Numpty >> wednesday july 17 - 10:35, Edited wednesday july 17 - 10:38

Is there some confusion here?

This suggestion is not proposing a default lineup, so it has nothing to do with selecting players or altering the saved lineups. 

This is about tactics not player selection. 

The idea is simply for each manager to set a different default for the Advanced Settings, which are currently:

• Match Plan (Default)
  • Tackles (Normal)
  • Passing (Mixed)
  • Shooting (Normal)
  • Flank (Balanced)
  • Corners (Normal)

The players will still need to be selected in the normal manner.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ee Balthazor >> wednesday july 17 - 14:00

Yep, I misunderstood the point of proposal. 

Probably someone will want, that penalty, set pieces and corner men should be included too then. 

I also suspect, that some of them are just decoration as I have seen matches, where is set "Both flanks" and mids still try desperately to attack through center. Most important one for me is "Match plan", where I usually play for win. Overall I don't feel, that I need complect of default settings as I visit this part anyway always, when setting lineup. I even have saved lineup only for u21 leagues and once had 11-men lineup for u21 friendly tournaments. I would prefer default formation as 4-4-2 doesn't fit me.

ee Balthazor
User
Registered2013-12-01
ee Dünamo Tallinn
il Numpty >> wednesday july 17 - 14:44, Edited wednesday july 17 - 14:46

It must be me. 

I always know what I mean, but no-one else ever does.  Story of my life. tongue-out

Does anyone know where I can buy fork handles and some pumps?

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ca Alex Seymour >> wednesday july 17 - 15:25

Four candles?

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
eng holt >> thursday july 18 - 12:18

Sump pumps?