Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Suggestions

Popularity system change (13)

lv Tamaz >> tuesday july 23 - 15:36

I know it will sound a bit strange, but for every single newcomer it wud be a great +!

200k stadium will give u best popularity boost, and 500 stadium the smallest boost, why not to change these things all around? 

200k stadium already gives you  huge amount of money, while for newcomers its officialy now IMPOSSIBLE to collect money and to maintain intetest in the game.

At least they cud easely boost popularity playing against bots at lower leagues, easy to build bigger stadiums and so on, to try to promote to higher leagues, and to fights against the strongest one.

lv Tamaz
User
Registered2013-07-20
lv Football Club Skonto
eng Stephen >> tuesday july 23 - 15:49

Sorry, what’s your suggestion?

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
lv Tamaz >> tuesday july 23 - 18:16

specially for stephan. (Those all are random numbers, but the idea itself is clear)

200k stadim per ticker gives you 500 supporters

120k stadiums - 400 

70k - 300

500 stadium gives 50 supporters per ticket

Make it vice versa! Did u get it? 

lv Tamaz
User
Registered2013-07-20
lv Football Club Skonto
lv Tamaz >> tuesday july 23 - 18:18

But okay.. looks like big clubs will be against it, as they dont want to see that newcomers cud fastly catch them up in popularity and by time also in facilities and so on

Yeah, forget it, bad idea..dont change anything.. everything is perfect as it is.

lv Tamaz
User
Registered2013-07-20
lv Football Club Skonto
tr Mustafa >> tuesday july 23 - 19:10

Tamaz says;  Since there are too many bot teams in my league, I can't fill my stadium.  Can you bring innovation to the game to fill my stadium?

tr Mustafa
User
Registered2014-03-22
tr FC Kadıoğlu Gençlik ⭐
il Numpty >> tuesday july 23 - 19:25, Edited tuesday july 23 - 19:44

Tamaz, I think you've correclty identified a problem but not the solution. 

1. The Popularity system could do with some improvements and

2. after 6 years new users start so far behind they do need more help with catching up. 

However, if used well, the Starter's bonus already allows a new user to gain popularity more quickly than the larger clubs. 

So the Starter's bonus already achieves much of your proposal. But it only lasts for 4 seasons and even if it has been well used the new user is still a long way behind. Double buidling speed also allows for faster catch up of facilities but without an increased income the construction costs can be  an obstacle to faster progress.    

So I would suggest improving the Starter's bonus so that it (1.) lasts longer and (2.) gives reduced construction costs. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
pt otario007 >> tuesday july 23 - 21:01

If it is a boost to small team's popularity that we need so that they catch up, why not give a bigger boost if you beat teams above their popularity? Realistically, more popular teams should have better players (as they have access to more resourses), so shouldnt the small teams receive a bigger popularity boost if they manage to beat someone that they, in theory, should not be able to beat?

In this way it would reward the best managers, as the ones that are able to do more with less, will be far more compensated. 

pt otario007
User
Registered2014-05-23
nl Losing >> tuesday july 23 - 22:04

From when I was a new team relatively behind the rest, I remember the main issue was bots not having any popularity meaning no stadium income and barely an opportunity to increase your stadium until you get enough human opponents, so it still takes a while until the income from your stadium is relevant after that point. I think giving all bots a 'base popularity' that they can't go under would fix this.

nl Losing
User
Registered2017-05-06
@mustafi so tamaz suggested this because he can't fill his stadium, we can see the downside, a team will on purpose not upgrade stadium to gain more popularity.

I have seen teams with less than 3m popularity build 120k stadium and fill it because of the help of the big teams, this was never possible before.

Most teams nowadays don't bother selling their tickets because their stadium is already filled

starters bonus is already in place, if a new manager can get to 10/10 YC/TC, in few months. And over 1.5m popularity,(they start making a lot of money per season) and even move to a more advanced club. What other help do he want?
is it sending them to stage 2 FA/YA, where the get bankrupt?
lv Tamaz >> tuesday july 23 - 23:41

What???? :D :D guys.. its not about me! Im rebuilding squad, collecting money, i dont care how much i earn from home games, i care about money for now from selling and reselling players.

Im talking about leagues where even league 1 more than half teams are BOTS, about leagues where 1 league teams all are above 5m popularity mean while 2. 3. And 4. League teams are struggling to boost popularity and ao on.

Sometimes things are not about me, they are global.

lv Tamaz
User
Registered2013-07-20
lv Football Club Skonto
lv Tamaz >> tuesday july 23 - 23:45

At leaat Numpty did get my point. And he is insterested to think about it, not just to point out my problems, imho my problems are my problema and my tactic how i play the game.

Im thinking about those who are joining the game now, how to keep them and not to lose intereat after 2months

lv Tamaz
User
Registered2013-07-20
lv Football Club Skonto
il Numpty >> wednesday july 24 - 09:58, Edited wednesday july 24 - 10:14

I agree with otario's ideas. Popularity gains should be more closely tied to good results and achievements and less about the level of your fan shop. 

At present the only result that really matters is winning all your home matches, or at least not losing them. Away match results all give similar popularity gains regardless of your result.  It's even slightly better to lose your away matches than to win them, which makes absolutely no sense at all.  

• Winning should always gain more than losing.
  • Beating better or higher ranked opposition should earn more popularity than beating easier opponents.
  • There should also be popularity rewards for achievements such as promotion, league position and cup results. This would be realistic.

With the way the current popularity system works it discourages teams from trying to make progress up the leagues. Playing at a higher level is a double-edged sword as on the one hand you get better attendances from playing more popular teams but at the same time it harms your popularity every time you lose a home match. For most teams the net result is much slower popularity gains than if they had stayed in a lower league and won more matches. (This is true even if they build the next level stadium a little earlier). This needs to be fixed. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets