Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

Average best 11 rating calculation ... (7)

ro Andrei >> saturday july 27 - 20:11
I do wonder how that rating is calculated. Because ... well, let me just give you an example.

https://rockingsoccer.com/ro/fotbal/info/team-7014

How exactly is the rating here at 9.50? When this team has no players whatsoever over 9.50? And no, this team has been this way for a few days, it's not like it hasn't been updated today.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
eng Yid >> sunday july 28 - 11:15

I have wonderd this myself as i have seen some simular ratings on a few other teams.

eng Yid
User
Registered2014-06-23
eng Tottenham Hotspur FC
il Numpty >> friday august 2 - 12:53, Edited friday august 2 - 13:03

6 days later and the "Average best squad" is still 9.50.

As of today the highest rated player is 9.05 and the correct average  should be 7.25 (as described below).

• "The average best squad value is calculated by taking the keeper and the best 10 field players (regardless of position). It includes half of the youth bonus for U21 players."

I've realised for a long time that this value doesn't seem to be correct, so I mostly ignore it. 

Maybe the answer lies in how often it gets updated. Does anyone know this?

Alternatively it could simply be raised as a bug and then at least we might get an explanation of how it works and when it gets changed.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ro Andrei >> friday august 2 - 13:34
Usually, it's updated daily. At least when I do trainings, it's updated the next day.

Here, not the case.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
eng holt >> friday august 2 - 14:11

Or maybe it isn't updated for bot teams, until a new manager takes charge of the team.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
ro Andrei >> friday august 2 - 15:01, Edited friday august 2 - 15:04
Pretty sure that's not the case. Another team from our league, Klaksvik, certainly had its rating updated, even without a manager around. Because that team was pretty big two seasons ago. And it still was when the last manager left.

Unless the bug only just kicked in recently.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
ro Andrei >> saturday august 3 - 14:00
Reported it as a potential bug. Let's see what happens.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30