Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

Concentrated (4)

us valentine >> thursday august 8 - 12:52

Am I missing the help page or we don't have an explanation on how much concentrated could actually add on dueling against long shot?

I know some skills' tips are much more detailed, for instance,

• Winger: Gets a bonus of 0.25 ball passing and dueling and 1 ball blocking and speed when the player is on one of the flanks.
  • Intelligent: Gets 1 ball bonus on tactics. 
  • Tournament player: The bonus is twice (and adds to) the home advantage.

Any chance we can have a more specific interpretation to help us better understand how this special attribute works?

us valentine
User
Registered2013-02-08
us Pittsburgh Riverhounds
il Numpty >> thursday august 8 - 14:23

I agree with you, it would be good to have some more detail.

Although Concentrated doesn't mention Duelling, so the bonus could be to Blocking or even another factor in the Longshot calculation. We simply don't know the detail, which is your main point. 

It's not just the Concentrated attribute. Notwithstanding the few specials that you mentioned most of them lack any specific detail:

• Setting Walls - a defensive bonus
  • Long Shots - a bonus at scoring
  • Man Marker - more likely to intercept
  • Team Player - a small passing bonus
  • Modest/Vain - plays better or worse
  • Downhearted - plays weaker
  • Selfish - a small scoring bonus
  • Unpredictable - a bonus or a penalty
  • Aggressive - stronger in tackles
  • Shielding - a defensive bonus
  • Super Sub - plays better or worse
  • Determined - plays better

My question on all of these is how much? The detail matters.

Is it possible to give us a bit more detail on all these specials where it's missing?

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> thursday august 8 - 17:15

I know you’re asking for specifics, but the consensus from playing the game a log time and speaking to a number of managers is that selfish and team player add a bonus of about 0.25 to the skill. I think that analysis is probably fair when you look at other skills like patriotic and winger where the bonus/penalty is a lot more specific.

I hope this helps a bit at least.

I very much doubt though that Vincent is about to publish the specific details of these attributes given that people have asked before and the details have not been revealed.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> thursday august 8 - 18:21

Thanks Stephen, that's a useful insight. 

My working assumption had been that they were probably less than 0.25.  My reasoning being that some skills like Winger and Poacher mention specific bonuses of 0.25 (and Versatile mentions a 0.3 and 0.15 penalty).

So if it's as much 0.25 why not say so? On that basis I had guessed a "small bonus" would be more like 0.10. 

But that's pure guesswork on my part and your playing experience trumps that. So thanks. 

But that only covers 2 specials and we are still in the dark about the rest of them.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets