Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Suggestions

Zulu forum (6)

za Kaizer Motaung Jr >> sunday october 6 - 17:07

So please introduce the ZULU forum  i saw in the South African league the is English and (Afrikaans) i can't even tell you one word in Afrikaans so please please Zulu forum thank you  

za Kaizer Motaung Jr
User
Registered2016-02-28
cl La Unión
il Numpty >> sunday october 6 - 18:26, Edited sunday october 6 - 18:28

It might help if you try and make a case for Zulu by giving some facts and data about South African languages. 

After a very brief search online I came up with the following:

South Africa has 11 official languages and most of the population are fluent in at least two of them. 

The languages most widely spoken as a first language are as follows:

• Zulu 22.7%
  • Xhosa 16.0%
  • Afrikaans 13.5%
  • English 9.6%
  • Sesotho sa Leboa 9.1%
  • Setswana 8.0%
  • Sesotho 7.6% 

Zulu is also the most common second language with around 53% of South Africans speaking Zulu as either a first or second language.

English is also a common second language and is the most widely used in public life, the media, business and government. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
za Kaizer Motaung Jr >> sunday october 6 - 19:12

So why don't we have Zulu and English instead of Afrikaans mostly speak English instead of Afrikaans please 

za Kaizer Motaung Jr
User
Registered2016-02-28
cl La Unión
il Numpty >> sunday october 6 - 20:26, Edited sunday october 6 - 20:27

I can see the S/A league forum states:

• You have to write in Afrikaans or english (sic) on this forum. Posts in other languages may be removed without warning.

Just so it's clear.

Are you requesting a separate Zulu language forum or simply to be allowed to use Zulu on the South African league forum? 

(This needs to be directed at Admin.)

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng holt >> monday october 7 - 07:13

@Numpty What do the stats that you put up have to do anything with RS?

Most of the managers here useir non-naturalised language (English) to converse since there is almost no activity in the other forums other than CHinese,Spanish and French.

About the league forums;they mostly are un-moderated since barely anyone uses them.Shouldn't be a problem as long as others converse in Zulu as well.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
il Numpty >> monday october 7 - 08:44, Edited monday october 7 - 09:19

Holt, I'm just trying to help the guy. It's not my place to decide on anything. 

But if he's going to ask Vincent for permission to use Zulu as a language then surely he needs to make a better case than simply that he personally can't speak Afrikaans?

I agree with you regarding their local league forum. A brief check shows that no-one has posted there since 2016. 

But surely it's better to seek permission from Admin about using Zulu rather than just ignore the rules about only posting in English or Afrikaans.  

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets