Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

Interland matches (12)

za Kaizer Motaung Jr >> wednesday october 9 - 09:06

hi again  my question today is do players get tired when they play interland match ? Because i have 2 matches on Friday and the first 1 is interland followed by the qualifying match i was planning to play with weak squad in interland  then strong in the following game is that part of cheating or please anyone explain to me thanx

za Kaizer Motaung Jr
User
Registered2016-02-28
cl La Unión
il Numpty >> wednesday october 9 - 09:30, Edited wednesday october 9 - 09:35

Interland is not a recognised English word. It has probably been invented by Vincent and I'm guessing that it is a direct translation from his own language. In the English speaking world these are called International Friendlies.

They give experience (xp) but also give the players fatigue.   

If you want the best chance of a good result in the qualifying match then it's best to use the weaker players for the friendlies and play the important match with fresh players. 

You may also want to consider helping the development of all the players by giving them their allotted friendlies at some point. 

Beware that some managers will get upset if you abuse their players by playing them in every game and return them with very high fatigue. 

Regarding the "cheating". The only thing you aren't allowed to do is to use the National Team to favour your own or your friends' players. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
hr Kupus >> wednesday october 9 - 10:07

I never understood where the word Interland came from when I did the translation. @Numpty, you now confirm the same.

hr Kupus
Community admin
Registered2015-10-14
de Regnum Croatorum
za Kaizer Motaung Jr >> wednesday october 9 - 10:14

Okey i get you but on that point   "Beware that some managers will get upset if you abuse their players by playing them in every game "  in every national teams in really life the are number 1 players in that case i may not use the best players  in every game because their managers will be upset.... e.g. players like messi. Ronaldo they play every single game in their national team 

za Kaizer Motaung Jr
User
Registered2016-02-28
cl La Unión
il Numpty >> wednesday october 9 - 10:22

@ Kupus

The whole English "translation" could do with a makeover by someone who speaks it as a first language. It's full of grammatical errors and strange words like "Interland". There are English errors on virtually every page. 

I guess it's probably not so obvious to those who speak it as a second language.

@ Kaizer

By every game I mean every available game, including friendlies. As you say it's normal to play every game in the competitive matches.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
za Kaizer Motaung Jr >> wednesday october 9 - 10:29

Numpy okey thank you i understand now

za Kaizer Motaung Jr
User
Registered2016-02-28
cl La Unión
hr Kupus >> wednesday october 9 - 18:06

@Numpty, I suppose you could take on such a task if you wish to.

Becoming an english translator or corrector.

The admins are provided with a small appreciation by having a VIP1 account for free.

I would welcome it as it would actually provide a needed proof of development or at least improvement that the community are longing for.

hr Kupus
Community admin
Registered2015-10-14
de Regnum Croatorum
il Numpty >> thursday october 10 - 10:43

Thanks, Kupus. 

I'd certainly consider that, but I guess any such invitation would have to come from Vincent.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ua Kalle >> thursday october 10 - 11:35

Interland is the dutch word for two National teams playing a match against each other :)

So i think that the one who made the english translation just didn't know it wasn't a english word :)

ua Kalle
User
Registered2013-06-19
nl PEC Zwolle
il Numpty >> thursday october 10 - 16:15, Edited thursday october 10 - 16:34

Thanks, Kalle. 

In that case the correct translation is "International", however in the context in which it's used in the game we would just call it a Friendly and sometimes add the word International if that was needed for clarity. 

(This is slightly off topic, but may be of interest.

I have had a number of conversations with people that I know fairly well who speak English as a second or third language. They have occasionally used English words that are not well known or used by many native English speakers unless they are fairly well educated.  When I have expressed my surprise that they used a particularly uncommon English word the response has always been "it's exactly the same word in my own language". Clearly this doesn't always work!)  

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
za Kaizer Motaung Jr >> sunday october 13 - 13:18

I was writing what is written on my device so you can call it interland international friendly ect as long as everyone understand what is being said

za Kaizer Motaung Jr
User
Registered2016-02-28
cl La Unión
by Andryvs >> thursday october 31 - 01:00

I am leading national team for 10 seasons. Nobody of managers has ever been complaining about fatigue of the players. And if i have first qualification game and after interland game - i use my main players in interland games to get them as fast they can max experience. 

by Andryvs
User
Registered2015-02-28
by Prussians