Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

Old Players (4)

ec Land >> saturday october 12 - 05:53

Up tp which point it's convenient to buy them?

For example I saw some 30 ys plus midfielders with 16 star being on sale for 80 millions.

So i was wondering what would be limit people have for those players that make the team better on a short term and then you see your money disappear.

ec Land
User
Registered2017-12-14
ec Cocodrilos
il Numpty >> saturday october 12 - 10:08, Edited saturday october 12 - 10:24

I think the answer depends very much on where your club is at in terms of finances, squad strength and general development. 

Buying a 10 rated 31 year old for 5 or 10 million is very different to buying a 16 rated player for 80 million. 

30+ outfield players obviously tend to lose their rating quite rapidly. Their value drops with rating so you can't generally get your money back. 

I would estimate that if you buy an old player who is a lot better than your current team you will get at least one good season and maybe 2 or 3 before he's no longer good enough. 

How much is one or 2 seasons going to be worth?

How to get the best possible team from the available finances is a significant factor in being a successful manager. It's questions like these that may make all the difference in making good progress. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ee onuelver >> sunday october 13 - 21:31

Surely it's better to invest that 80M to some youngster that go better with every season and maybe will get those 16 stars too.

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
it Emanuele >> thursday october 17 - 23:23

80 million are many for a 30-year-old player. But if they are strong they can make a difference for 2 or 3 seasons, even from 30 to 32 years. I will spend 30 40 million for these players

it Emanuele
User
Registered2013-05-26
lu AC Ughina