Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

Age vs Attribute (5)

vi inayima >> monday october 14 - 21:58

Hi, this is something i was bothering recently, let's say that you got two players from your youth center.

A- 14.30 ys old no attribute

B- 15.22 ys old with a main one (Selfish, Team Player, etc)

And because you have better players on the desired position you have to choose one to train it and sell the other.

While A will get more trainings on overall the skill of B can balance it so I will want to know if at some point the age of the generated youth be becomes more valuable than the fixed attributes or if you get one with some of those 'defining' attributes it's better to keep him even  if his age it's the worst possible for your youth center.

If I manage to build YA2 at some point it will be easier to get players with good attributes so I will like to prepare myself to not make too many mistakes

vi inayima
User
Registered2016-03-17
ec Sukuna
il Numpty >> tuesday october 15 - 09:52, Edited tuesday october 15 - 09:59

That's a good question but probably impossible to answer as there are too many variables. 

Which position? Which special attribute?  How much talent? What training level? 

Also what do you mean by "more valuable"? A better player or higher market value/sale price?

If you want a method for a rough estimate then I would calculate the amount of extra xp the younger player would get at the same age and then consider whether that would be worth the special that the older player has.

So, for instance, your example players are 44 weeks different in age. If they had a talent level of 5 in a FA 2 with one (L10) staff they would earn 792 xp per in-game week. The younger player would earn c. 35,000 xp in 44 weeks plus around another 10,000 xp from playing more matches, making c. 45,000 extra xp. What would you spend that on? Now compare that with the special and draw your own conclusion.  Personally I would opine that most natural specials probably aren't worth 45,000 xp, although some will be. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
vi inayima >> tuesday october 15 - 18:23

For more valuable i meant better player, so if the player with an attribute it's too old compared to the younger one without one I can just sell him instead and concentrated on the youngest.

vi inayima
User
Registered2016-03-17
ec Sukuna
nl Joddit >> tuesday october 15 - 18:35

Depends on talent...

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
vi inayima >> wednesday october 16 - 01:01

I guess that I will figure on my out then.

vi inayima
User
Registered2016-03-17
ec Sukuna