Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

Supersub (11)

nl Jort >> thursday october 17 - 07:29, Edited thursday october 17 - 07:29

Plays better when he enters the match as a substitute in the second half, but worse when he is in the starting formation. Gets maximum match experience when he plays at least 15 minutes.

This is the description of supersub, does anyone knows what the extact numers are?

So, how many %  penalty when the player starts?
And how many % advantage when he enters the match in second half?

nl Jort
User
Registered2018-02-06
nl FC Groningen
nl Jort >> friday october 18 - 07:04

Anyone?

I bought a supersub striker yesterday who is actualy my best player right now. Anyone advice wether I should start with him or bring him the 2nd half?

nl Jort
User
Registered2018-02-06
nl FC Groningen
ua Kalle >> friday october 18 - 07:15, Edited friday october 18 - 07:15

The % are not published as far as i know.

Why not sub him in after 2 minutes? Then he doesn't get the bonus, but also doesnt get the penalty since he wasnt in the starting 11 :)

ua Kalle
User
Registered2013-06-19
nl PEC Zwolle
nl Jort >> friday october 18 - 07:22

Hmm ok, so it stays a mystery.

I don't think I'll do that. It says "enters the match as a substitute in the second half" and the player who comes out gets crapy experience :).

nl Jort
User
Registered2018-02-06
nl FC Groningen
ua Kalle >> friday october 18 - 08:15, Edited friday october 18 - 10:09

When he enters the match in the second half he gets the bonus. When he starts he gets the penalty.

When he doesn't start, but enters the match in the first half, he doesnt get the bonus, and doesnt get the penalty, but functions at 100% of his real skills.

ua Kalle
User
Registered2013-06-19
nl PEC Zwolle
il Numpty >> friday october 18 - 08:37, Edited friday october 18 - 08:48

The simple answer is that we don't know.

The game says better or worse for a quite a few of the specials, some say  "small bonus" or other similar wording - but no-one seems to know exactly what the numbers are. So in order to make an estimate we may perhaps get a guide from considering the wording of those that do mention precise amounts.

As far as I know the original specials mentioned amounts of 1 ball - and then Playmaker got downgraded to 0.5. So any unspecified amount is likely to be signficantly smaller than 1 ball extra. Otherwise why not say?

Other specials (that I think came later) such as Poacher and Versatile mention smaller values of +0.25, -0.3, -0.15 etc.  

On that basis I would estimate that any unspecified bonus (or penalty) in the original descriptions are likely to be in the region of +0.25 or less on the primary or on all trainable attributes.

As to how to use a supersub forward it depends on what alternatives you have. Bringing him on in the second half is the best choice if you have a reasonable 3rd striker who can start the game. 

Kalle's suggestion is also useful, although as you say it affects the xp. May be a good idea for cup matches though - and also during the second half of the season when the player going off has played all his 20 matches for xp. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
nl Jort >> friday october 18 - 09:30

Thanks to both, very ussefull advice!

@Kalle, you're right! Didn't think off it this way.

@Numpty, good option. When the 20 matches for XP are over and in Cup games I will use Kalle's sugestion and untill then I will bring him the second half.

nl Jort
User
Registered2018-02-06
nl FC Groningen
ua Kalle >> friday october 18 - 10:09

Good luck with your team this season!

ua Kalle
User
Registered2013-06-19
nl PEC Zwolle
il Numpty >> friday october 18 - 10:19

The other thing to bear in mind is the relative strength of the opponent. 

If it's a very difficult opponent - and goals are hard to come by - then using a super sub's bonus for 45 minutes may give you a better chance of sneaking a goal than playing him for longer, but without a bonus. 

If you are playing a weak opponent then he may score more goals by being on the pitch for longer even though he has no bonus.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ee Taavi >> friday october 18 - 10:35

Somehow ive always though of supersub as 0.15 bonus, idk why, maybe i read something a long time ago...

Best part about a super sub is setting him as "when player scores/assists" after first half , then maybe if your main guy scores on 66th minute you wont lose XP 

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
eng Proper Top Gaffer >> friday october 18 - 13:38

I've got a Forward that has Super Sub + Determined, so I use him for Away matches. Not sure how much that is worthwhile...

eng Proper Top Gaffer
User
Registered2014-03-12
eng AFC Cumbria United