Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

Youth Centre Limits (4)

il Numpty >> tuesday october 22 - 10:41

Does anyone know if there's any restriction on how long youth players can remain in the youth centre?

I've looked at the Help, but can't find anything.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
hr Kupus >> tuesday october 22 - 11:35

A figure pops in my head saying 20 days.

Can´t remember from when.

hr Kupus
Community admin
Registered2015-10-14
de Regnum Croatorum
us Joey Zyla >> tuesday october 22 - 11:49

If I'm not mistaken it's a month (30 days).

us Joey Zyla
User
Registered2015-01-08
ee Pärnu JK
il Numpty >> tuesday october 22 - 12:09, Edited tuesday october 22 - 13:07

Thanks for the answers gents. 

I've just found this thread from 2017:

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/forum/home-en?&topic=79235 

Orauw says he lost his player after 30 days. He had 5 players, so perhaps that could also be a factor. If that's the case then this should be explained in the Help. 

Edit

It does seem to me that this is an unnecessary restriction. In real life most clubs have a youth development programme where young players are coached before becoming part of the reserve squad.

Perhaps youth players should be able to remain in the youth centre/academy until they at least turn 18. Normally it would be advantageous to 'promote' them so they get xp for matches, but if they can stay until they are 18 then this would be optional. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets