Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

Concentrated (11)

tr Hiç Kimse >> saturday november 9 - 18:11

I analyzed the concentrate. He tries to stop the pass. It doesn't stop the shot! It is perceived as blocking the goal shots! Why so? 

tr Hiç Kimse
User
Registered2014-11-03
tr ℝⓔⓓ Ⓞⓒⓔⓐⓝ
il Numpty >> saturday november 9 - 19:39

Please can you explain what you mean by saying you analysed 'Concentrated'. 

Do you have some data to show us or some other evidence? 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
tr Hiç Kimse >> saturday november 9 - 19:59

https://rockingsoccer.com/tr/futbol/info/player-1660740

https://rockingsoccer.com/tr/futbol/info/player-1704235

https://rockingsoccer.com/tr/futbol/info/player-2022886

I have examined the matches and locations of these 3 players. I have examined the gameplay profile of the players from the match engine.

tr Hiç Kimse
User
Registered2014-11-03
tr ℝⓔⓓ Ⓞⓒⓔⓐⓝ
py Soumger >> saturday november 9 - 20:16

Yeah, I'm not following you either.

But if you need another player for your analysis:

https://rockingsoccer.com/es/futbol/info/player-1706830

py Soumger
User
Registered2016-02-07
ec Malebranche
tr Hiç Kimse >> saturday november 9 - 20:46

Soumger, I gave evidence. Who wants him to follow?

tr Hiç Kimse
User
Registered2014-11-03
tr ℝⓔⓓ Ⓞⓒⓔⓐⓝ
py Soumger >> saturday november 9 - 20:50

Ok, the evidence is there i guess, sorry for trying to help/understand.

py Soumger
User
Registered2016-02-07
ec Malebranche
tr Hiç Kimse >> saturday november 9 - 21:10

Thanks for your help. I'm not mad, but I'm glad you helped.

I checked the goalkeeper. Goal blocking was bad.

tr Hiç Kimse
User
Registered2014-11-03
tr ℝⓔⓓ Ⓞⓒⓔⓐⓝ
us Peter >> saturday november 9 - 21:17

@Mrcy

So what you're saying is, the special attribute "Concentrated" doesn't do what it's supposed to?

us Peter
User
Registered2015-03-15
us Detroit Blazers
tr Hiç Kimse >> saturday november 9 - 21:28

No, I think I think it's been misunderstood or said. The player who receives the bonus pass can do pass prevention! That was logic.

tr Hiç Kimse
User
Registered2014-11-03
tr ℝⓔⓓ Ⓞⓒⓔⓐⓝ
il Numpty >> saturday november 9 - 21:31, Edited saturday november 9 - 21:54

Unfortunately saying that you have examined these players is not evidence of whether it's working correctly. 

Evidence is provided by data.

For each player you would need to know:

• How many longshots were there?
  • How many were on target?
  • How many were blocked?
  • How good were the players taking the longshots?

Even if you had all that data, what would be the expected success rate without Concentrated given the defenders current skills? 

You need to be in a position to compare the success rate of defending longshots with and without Concentrated. Simply looking at a few matches doesn't really scratch the surface.

I am interested in the discussion so I'm not being negative. But I need to see some good quality data before agreeing that it doesn't work properly.

I also think the description is unclear and badly worded.

• "Bonus when defending against long shots"

What does that mean exactly? I have assumed it means a Blocking bonus, either for a defender assisting or for a keeper attempting a save. But that may be wrong.

This is from the help:

Shot event

• The success chance of a shot depends greatly on the scoring skill of the shooter and the blocking skill of the keeper. Defenders in the penalty area or in the same region of the shooter decrease the scoring chance with their blocking and dueling skill. 

So my working assumption is that Concentrated decreases the chances of success, of a long shot, if either a defender with the attribute is the same region as the shooter or if the keeper has it. 

I think it would be very difficult to prove this by collecting data. Particularly because the skills of every player is different, so you can't compare like with like.  

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
tr Hiç Kimse >> saturday november 9 - 21:44

I think the concentrate just prevents rusting and gets a pass bonus. Don't you think that makes sense? If he can prevent rust, he knows how to get a bonus.

tr Hiç Kimse
User
Registered2014-11-03
tr ℝⓔⓓ Ⓞⓒⓔⓐⓝ