Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

best formations (3)

eng THE BOSS >> sunday january 19 - 23:07

Hi there guys does anyone have any suggestions on what the best formations are so i can have a rough idea on my starting line up

thanks

eng THE BOSS
Starter
Registered2020-01-02
il Numpty >> sunday january 19 - 23:38, Edited sunday january 19 - 23:39

My answer is that it very much depends on the situation. 

It's no secret that a lot of the top teams use 5-3-2, usually with 2 wide forward.  

But at the lower levels, especially level 5, any formation can work and it depends on what players you have available and the relative strength of the 2 teams. 

If you are the weaker team then playing 5 at the back will help keep the score down. If you are the much stronger team then being more attacking with your formation can help to ensure the win. 

The best advice is to spend some time watching a variety of matches and try and learn what you can from what others do. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
lv Namejs >> sunday january 19 - 23:42

Gk: WD-DCB-DCB-WD-(CB/SW):(DM) -WM-WM:WF-(S)-WF

Positions in brackets are optional. 8 outfield positions is must have: defensive line of 4, 2 as wide midfielders, 2 as wide forwards.

I myself play with Sweeper and Striker for two optional positions mostly because as far as I have noticed DM only plays against opponent DM (CM or AM but those are used rarely) and attacks through central midfielders don't pose as much threat as attacks through wide midfielders. SW can score some goals unlike CB so that is reason for using one in my system.

5 defenders is preffered because there is no way else where to put one player as 2 (3) midfielders and 3 (2) forwards is all the attacking power one needs. Some play with 6. defender selected as DM but I don't see value in that.

lv Namejs
Community admin
Registered2014-07-06
lv Taurupes Dusmīgie Bebri