Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

First team eleven from youth center. (5)

Guys please how do solve this? Waiting for only your academy to produce, means you will have different age in every position and when they get mature for your first team, you have a diversity. The younger ones will be the weak point in your team.

Buying and making sure they are the same age still has a big disadvantage right? especially when your squad become older.

What's the best way? So that you quickly get a backup in case one of those in your first team is older and needs a replacement. 

ee Balthazor >> monday march 9 - 19:40

Is it for achievement or your longer plan not to buy any players in? 
For achievement it's easier to choose some early cup match, same thing as very young line-up winning a match. 

I haven't seen any 100% homegrown and very successful team in competitive leagues. For success teams need some more super-players, mostly supertalents or players from better base than you have. Having all players in very short age range will mean that team might have sharp period couple of seasons, but then will fall quite quickly too. I prefer team with more sprayed age range, so it can run smoother, without big ups and downs. Your team has already quite good facilities, so you may try it. You also need good ST rising just to one of core players....or you are ready to go down for some period. Most of bigger leagues have some "project teams" who collect nice young squad and go maybe down couple of league levels, then start to rise and when hiatus is over, sell them and start with new wave. 

Academies don't produce big number of youngsters per season and there is some weaker pulls too, who maybe don't reach to needed level. 

My second team will be probably such kind of club next season after relegation, but it's consequence of money collecting plan. I'll sell my bought-in players, some older might become to staff and my Austrian-Kosovan squad will not be promotion candidate for some seasons. My first team is also mostly homegrown team with just 3 players bought in and is quite out of first half play because my midfield remained too weak after aging of my ST and next season might be more in relegation fight. For both teams it has been money collecting period and when building phase is over I'll probably buy again some players in. 

ee Balthazor
User
Registered2013-12-01
ee Dünamo Tallinn
lv Namejs >> monday march 9 - 20:32

If created players count in I'll be able to do this once my current GK ages out in 3 or 4 seasons

lv Namejs
Community admin
Registered2014-07-06
lv Taurupes Dusmīgie Bebri

thanks, that means 2yr Gap is not too much. 

I don't care for the mission, just that I have been chasing my league superior opponents, since my day one. I have never develop and depend on my youths, only few yc10 kids make it or was lucky to play for the (boyhood) club. The two clubs i hopefully thought I could ever catch just started or has fa5 and ya5 respectively.  Anyway that will not stop me from training and getting the 16 kids ready for my future first team. 

au davo >> wednesday march 11 - 08:52

Mine is a pretty much homegrown team and has been for several seasons. I have recently tried to dip into the TM to try and get a better range of suitably aged players. It is both a blessing and a curse that players are worth very little. There are some managers who will routinely just keep putting players up for way too much which is a bit annoying but eventually they might get more realistic expectations.

i concentrate mainly on using STs for GK, keeping a substitute reasonable by playing as overage U21. Any others go to MF or FW depending on their attributes.

At the moment it is probably a good tactic to limit the YA to level 2 and just buy youths, with homegrown ones being sold to the bank when their value is right.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27