Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Suggestions

Change country (10)

nl Joost >> saturday march 14 - 10:12, Edited saturday march 14 - 10:12

This suggestion is fully opportunistic from my side. My second team is already years champion of a country (Congo Brazzaville) in which just 1 other real manager exist (when I joined there were about 7). This is no competition as my team has much better players and money is stacking to the ceiling  (1,7 billion). What is it to do, can't upgrade stadium because there are no human players for example.

So, I would like to go to another country. However, I don't want to lose all things which were build carefully. 

My suggestion is to let a team go to another country when there is a minumum of active teams. So, a full transportation of the club, without loss of players, money or facilities.

nl Joost
User
Registered2016-06-30
nl FC OTB
il Numpty >> saturday march 14 - 10:39, Edited saturday march 14 - 10:39

It must also be pretty boring when all the domestic competition is against bots. 

I'm not against this idea of moving countries per se. 

The difficulty is that if this became possible then many managers might prefer to build their clubs in an easy country and then move when the club had been developed enough for stronger competition. 

This would be rather unfair to those managers who had struggled for many seasons building their clubs in a much harder league. Especially if you moved to their league and made it more difficult for them. 

So moving countries seems a good idea but there needs to be some restrictions or downgrading of the club in order to make it fair for everyone.  

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
nl Joost >> saturday march 14 - 11:03

I would like to know where there was an advantage. In stronger leagues more human players, more attendance, more money and earlier posibilities to reach a higher stadium. 

Ok it is possible to stay a few extra rounds in the national cup, but this is not gold while this generates just a few million more and that is even not for sure while attendance also here will be in favour of the strong country.

An enormous extra advantage for the stronger country is that because of earlier upgrade stadium it is also possible to earlier upgrade fanclub, which is an huge income for the future.

One advantage is that you can go to the international league, however when you start to be the strongest team there is no fun at all while in the champions league it is unpossible to compete with those team's which have 400 million more to spend every year. So 1 or 2 rounds is the effect. This delivers around 5 million extra cash. 

The second advantage will be some extra money on the end of the season, maybe another 5 million.

nl Joost
User
Registered2016-06-30
nl FC OTB
il Numpty >> saturday march 14 - 11:54, Edited saturday march 14 - 12:45

I don't know if there are any great advantages to being in an easier country. There are some like the international competitions, but you also get to compete for trophies and have a more enjoyable game while building the club. Whereas many of those in a much stronger league have a tough time and get frustrated trying to climb and getting knocked back down. It will make their job harder and probably add to their frustration if someone else brings in a better club above them.

I don't agree with your 'extra advantages'.

It's perfectly possible to build stadium and fanclub just as fast without being in a stronger league.  At best it's debatable.  

I am in agreement that it's a good idea to be able move countries, but there has to be some downside to it or it becomes a more attractive way to play the game. At least for some people.

Start in an easy country and then move when it suits you. I would certainly have done that if was an option. I just don't think it's reasonable to have your cake and eat it. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
nl Joost >> saturday march 14 - 12:47

Possible it can become a route for new managers. Maybe not so bad route to keep those new managers in the game! I was not thinking about this yet, but seems an advantage for the game as a whole.

"It's perfectly possible to build stadium and fanclub just as fast without being in a stronger league. At best it's debatable"

You must be joking! I had to wait several seasons to get to level 9 (also for the other levels of course). Money was never a problem in this waiting. After this to get to stadium 10 I had to wait so many seasons. Of course the stadium was sold out against the other human, however against the bot teams no one is coming. I finished level 10 just this season, but I am still below 80k attendance against bots.

Let's say a club gets around 200k extra supporters a year. I have now around 3 million supporters. It means I need about 3-4 seasons before I can start building level 11. However with some human teams it would be already working so many seasons ago. Even when stadium 11 is built now it will be half filled.

For me I will play like this forever, however I think it is more fun for me and other players if I could change the league. I was not asking for a bonus, which would be appropriate considering the disadvantage. However, this was my own choice and therefore only a switch would be nice.

But if the community does not like it or these kind of teams lose money, players or buildings I will sit down and play against bots. I need about 5 million fans, so about 25 seasons I will be up and running to compete in international competition. It is just 4 years and I have the time.

nl Joost
User
Registered2016-06-30
nl FC OTB
il Numpty >> saturday march 14 - 13:36, Edited saturday march 14 - 13:45

Firstly, let me apologise for taking this slightly off topic. But I'll try and respond to your stadium building theory. This question keeps cropping up so it's worth writing something on the issue.

No, I'm not joking! Absolutely not.

I don't see the relevance that you had to wait for a few seasons before building level 9 or 10. Everyone has to wait at some point. The question is how long it takes if the Popularity is grown quickly enough.

The idea that you can build the stadium quicker is a matter of opinion and not a fact. Although to be fair it's probably the case that most people believe it to be true. 

Let's just consider the facts. In particular those that relate to popularity and stadium building. 

1. You get much better attendances when playing teams with higher popularity @ 115% and slightly more at 40%. 

This potentially enables you to reach the 80% requirement more quickly, thus you can then build the next fan shop and popularity growth accelerates. This is true, but it's only a half truth and like all half truths they are misleading. 

So what's missing as this seems fairly obvious to most people?

In order to get this attendance bonus by playing more popular teams you first have to get promoted to higher levels in a strong league. But this is a relatively short term attendance bonus. Unsurprisingly there is a very strong correlation between playing at higher levels and the strength of the opponent. 

As a result:

1. You lose more (home) matches. 
  2. You get through fewer cup rounds.
  3. It's much harder to get Popular players who are good enough. 

All of these points cause a reduced Popularity growth and it's a significant reason why many clubs actually slow down when they start climbing the levels. The benefit of the (slightly) earlier fan shop level is negated by the above factors. 

The key point here is the Popularity growth rate and not necessarily the fan shop level.

If you do grow your Popularity quickly enough then there there is not a substantial extra delay in reaching the required attendance just by playing bots. Thus if managed effectively the club Popularity actually grows faster even with a slight delay in reaching the next fanshop level, because by playing in an easier league you can continue winning matches, having longer cup runs and playing Popular players.

Because the Popularity actually grows faster by not getting promoted, then the club can reach the next attendance level even earlier and without needing the attendance bonus of playing more popular teams.

For example, you might build Stadium 4 a little earlier by getting promoted and getting better attendances but the slow down in popularity growth means it actually takes longer to get to level 5 and 6. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
nl Joost >> saturday march 14 - 13:57

Please, for 250 million you will be the best team which plays 2 divisions higher than yours. On those players there will be no deflation so in genaral it is not an investment, but a temporarily not getting to your cash. It is even possible to earn money on those players.

With about 100 million it is also possible I think. Money was never a problem, so this kind of change money sure not.

I will not get into this discussion as you will find more reasons why it is so difficult. The Dutch league is also known like a competitive league, however I never faced the problem of not winning on the second level nor I had to wait to increase my buildings.

Only now while I want to keep at least 1 billion on my bank account I start to slow with TA3. 

I was in both kind of leagues and the only problem in the Dutch league was the building time! Making a competitive team was not one of them, because the most profit was on these guys!

nl Joost
User
Registered2016-06-30
nl FC OTB
pl MAT >> sunday march 15 - 20:10, Edited sunday march 15 - 20:15

Good sugestion, but this option would be only VIP3 players and cost 1000 credits, and you choosen only two options with three possible case:

1. Facilities

2. Players

3. Money

Condition: One transfer club on 15 season and amount players league equal, lower 8

pl MAT
User
Registered2014-06-04
dk Mystic Warrior Copenhagen
nl Joost >> sunday march 15 - 20:56

Maybe it is an idea to check with every manager in a small league (max 3 players?)  and all players which will say yes come into an empty country?

nl Joost
User
Registered2016-06-30
nl FC OTB