Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Suggestions

Change the 'expensive' transfer criteria to be relevant to a players market value (5)

eng Matt >> wednesday march 25 - 07:36

I am tired of selling a £13m player for £15m just to have to wait 24 hours to get it reviewed when this makes no sense and is illogical. Now I have less time to find a player with that cash, providing It actually gets accepted today (still waiting).

I understand why this feature was implemented, stop teams transferring wealth or giving away good players for cheap to mates, but it doesn't make sense that even if someone pays basically the market value for a player, the approval process has to begin. Surely it would work better for maybe, if a transfer is a certain % over or under a players market value +1m or something rather than just over a value that most players dont consider to be that large.

eng Matt
User
Registered2018-11-19
nl Losing >> wednesday march 25 - 08:03, Edited wednesday march 25 - 08:05

The problem with a code like that is deciding where it needs to stop, because transferring players with a market value of 400m for 400m or even 250m would usually not be okay, seeing current market prices. Not to mention that (apparently) most cheating currently happens with lower prices and that the actual price being paid for those players varies wildly depending on the age of the player.

I agree something needs to change for a lot of small transfers that are clearly within limits, but it's not a simple measure that just works for all transfers, at least not without significantly changing the code that decides the "official" market value. I think that's the main reason why we still need to wait this long for transfers of around 15m that are clearly going to get approved. If it was simple this probably would've changed a long time ago since it causes a lot of work for a lot of people as it currently stands.

nl Losing
User
Registered2017-05-06
eng Matt >> wednesday march 25 - 08:14

That's fair enough, I guess dealing in lower market value players means the difference between a reasonable priced player and an expensive player is more narrow but the function that is in charge of deciding expensive transfers would almost certainly be separate from that which decides market value I am sure, I guess the formulae I provided is very basic and would need more fleshing out but maybe if that is the case then perhaps it is the market value that is an issue.

What i can imagine happened is that the game code was written when the max facility levels were 10 and the market value code had that in mind and now more facilities have been added the market value has ballooned exponentially in a way that does not truly reflect their market value anymore. I get that feeling anyway, I am not far enough to own players in the 100s of millions yet.

eng Matt
User
Registered2018-11-19
il Numpty >> wednesday march 25 - 09:22, Edited wednesday march 25 - 09:43

The code could certainly be improved to speed things up for everyone and also make it easier for the admin. 

I would propose something like:

1. All bids over the max bank value of $25 million get reviewed, except for bids that are less than (say) 25% of the market value. (So you could sell a $200 million player for $50 million.)
  2. Bids between $10 million and $25 million get reviewed if the bid is greater than (say) 120% of the market value. (So you could sell a $15 million player for $18 million).
  3. All bids under (say) $10 million are allowed. 
  4. Managers with a history of dodgy transfers could be on a shortlist with tighter limits.
  5. Do other factors, such as age need to be considered?

* Bot bids over $25 million should also be reviewed, such as a $400 million player being sold at near market value, as these are considered by many to give people an unfair advantage. 

The above numbers could even be coded as variables that can be changed by admin as they see fit.

This is just a first attempt so won't be perfect and I would welcome debate and suggested improvements. In particular, some input from admin would be helpful.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
nl Losing >> wednesday march 25 - 10:27

Yeah part of the problem is the drastically changed market value formula when it was necessary, but at the same time they implemented changes that made it less necessary in the long run and we're seeing the effects now. It used to be that too many players would reach the max value and you had players with a value of 225m (I thought the max was somewhere around that) selling for over a billion or for 200m. Now the situation is that I bought a player of 458M€ MV (max) for 94 million and feel like that could've been cheaper because obviously with less money in the game and more high level players the market collapses.

I feel like Numpty's suggestions are a good starting point but maybe someone who knows what the most dubious transfers look like and how they differ from the okay ones could weigh in if these would weed the cheaters out or not.

nl Losing
User
Registered2017-05-06