Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Why are there so many Chinese players in Ivory Coast? (7)

in Mr. Arpit >> tuesday april 28 - 08:45

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/league-ci.51/level-1/group-1/clubs

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/league-ci.51/level-2/group-1/clubs

This is pretty intriguing, to say the least...

in Mr. Arpit
User
Registered2013-12-09
in Thundering Pune
il Numpty >> tuesday april 28 - 10:02

I would guess it's because the Chinese league is the largest and toughest in the game. 

So it seems perfectly natural that many of them will look for easier opportunities and maybe still play in the same league as some of their friends. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets

lol even one manager had to become Chinese fans. They have really made the country rise above my league in standing. Maybe I will have to write to their president requesting to  move some crowd to my league once more.. 

But seriously when I first started they are many of them in my league, I was able to catch up with feel, exceeded them by far and because they lose interest in the game and left. We still have few now.

ee onuelver >> tuesday april 28 - 14:23

China is one of biggest cuuntrys by population with India but the last are not interested in sports much. Estonian and Albanian league wait for more Chinese too. Estonia has just one who has some success too as winning cup and medal and producing some important players for NT with good youth work.

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
ng 手术刀 >> saturday may 2 - 13:45

Hmm,  in fact , we Chinese people are very interseting with the sports and win medal in some sport such as Table tennis, Gymnastics。But it is a pity that we  are not goog at playing basketball and football especilay.Although the poor performance on the balls game many young chinese people like basketball and football very much.By the way, we have the best fans in the world.HA....

ng 手术刀
User
Registered2013-04-07
ee onuelver >> saturday may 2 - 22:40

Those ball games usually demand some traditions and know-how. Most of stronger countries have been always there. Some weaker countries happen to have some talented generation that may bring some success but after they finish their country again will disappear from top.

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
ng 手术刀 >> sunday may 10 - 09:55

Hmm, It may be true as you say. Not only in the national team but also in the club the traditions is very important and magical。In fact,there are some talented Chinese players every year but  none of them succeeded in the end may due to the problems in our training and selection system. The Football World Cup may just be  a dream for Chinese fans.This is indeed a very disappointing thing.

ng 手术刀
User
Registered2013-04-07