Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Suggestions

Utility Player (5)

il Numpty >> tuesday may 26 - 11:27, Edited tuesday may 26 - 11:29

I would like to see a new special attribute that allows a player to play anywhere regardless of his position experience.  The idea is that wherever he plays his highest position experience is what counts

So, for instance, a midfielder could play in the second striker (SS) position, but still use his midfield experience instead of any forward experience. Currently he would be treated as a forward and be a weaker player.

Similarly a defender could play in midfield and use his defender experience instead of his midfield experience.  Or a defender with high Blocking could make a useful backup keeper.

Normally I would call this kind of player 'Versatile', but that's taken so will go with 'Utility Player'. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> tuesday may 26 - 12:23

I always thought SS could be played by a midfielder as that was one of those positions like DM where two kinds of player can play in it?

I quite like this idea though.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> tuesday may 26 - 12:38

You may be right about the SS, but I can't find it anywhere. 

Unless I've missed it the only one that's mentioned in the Help is DM - 

• A player playing as defensive midfielder can use either his defender experience or his midfielder experience, whichever is higher.

So Utility Player would extend this for every position. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> tuesday may 26 - 12:52

Some enjoyably strange downvoting here. Nice.

I think I have read somewhere the same for AM and SS. But it could also have been a fever dream...

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> tuesday may 26 - 13:18

Slightly off topic, but I've noticed that the defender experience is not used for DM in the analyse reports. 

That raises the question in my mind if it has been implemented correctly. Has this been discussed in the past?

The reason I can tell that Defender experience is not used for DM in the analyse reports is that if you put a defender in the DM position he gets the same (midfielder) rating as he gets in other midfield positions. So it's the same calculation. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets