Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Suggestions

Player search tool (15)

vn Huỳnh Văn An >> sunday july 5 - 10:50, Edited sunday july 5 - 12:10
The game founder should add a player search tool around the world which would be better
vn Huỳnh Văn An
User
Registered2019-07-06
eng Stephen >> sunday july 5 - 11:24

What do you mean? To buy the players who are up for sale? Or something else?

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> sunday july 5 - 11:44

I'm not sure if this is what he means, but it would be nice to have a general search tool that could search all players in the game. This would be completely separate to transfers. 

Unlikely to happen though.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ro Andrei >> sunday july 5 - 12:11
Not quite sure what it would be useful though. Maybe you can explain a bit, Numpty.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
vn Huỳnh Văn An >> sunday july 5 - 14:34

Search players around the world: name, age, position ... so we can know which player is the oldest, which player is the most talented in the world

vn Huỳnh Văn An
User
Registered2019-07-06
vn Huỳnh Văn An >> sunday july 5 - 14:38

I mean footballer, not players

vn Huỳnh Văn An
User
Registered2019-07-06
il Numpty >> sunday july 5 - 16:34

Well I guess it would have 2 uses, maybe more.

1. For those interested in producing player statistics just to add some extra interest to the game. Aloing the lines that the OP suggests, such as oldest, youngest, most talented, highest rated, transfer prices, most goals scored etc. Some leagues already keep their own statistics and it would assist with that.

2. Then there would be a practical side to help with scouting players that you may be interested in buying, but are not listed for sale.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
vn Huỳnh Văn An >> sunday july 5 - 17:12

Why are there team rankings without player rankings?

Manufacturers should develop this problem

vn Huỳnh Văn An
User
Registered2019-07-06
ro Andrei >> sunday july 5 - 18:06, Edited monday july 6 - 13:38

EDIT

(Nevermind, I misunderstood your post.)

ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
vn Huỳnh Văn An >> monday july 6 - 04:02

You can divide it into several sections:

1 Country

2 Age (only players still playing football)

3 Location

4 the club they are playing

5 Talents

6 Player names (to see how many players have the same name)

.... This is just an opinion sent to the game manufacturer and how things are up to you

vn Huỳnh Văn An
User
Registered2019-07-06
eng Dragontao >> monday july 6 - 13:54

I can just imagine people getting proper p***ed off with messages coming in from people interested in your players and unsolicited bids during the transfer window. You just know it would be used as an additional scouting system. Yes you can reject all further bids for a player who isn't on the market, but you don't get to do that until it's happened the first time.

So if his feature came in I'd want something that allowed you to opt out of receiving any unsolicited bids for players from the get go.

Though it's a bit moot as it's hihgly unlikely time will be invested in adding this feature.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Old People's Home
us Peter >> monday july 6 - 16:01

Pretty much anything that requires development can be discounted as a possible feature to implement.

That being said, I like the idea and I also agree with Dragontao's additional suggestion.

us Peter
User
Registered2015-03-15
us Detroit Blazers
eng Stephen >> monday july 6 - 21:02

A fair point, Peter.

I think even if there were to be development, this is never going to happen. It’s scouting players by the back door, without the fuss and bother of having a level 12 scout office. What you would see is a manager scouting players he wants, selects their region once he has identified players he likes and voila! No need for expensive upgrades and maintenance costs.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> monday july 6 - 22:26, Edited monday july 6 - 22:33

That's a good point @Stephen. I hadn't even considered that people might go to the bother of changing their regions, especially just to bid on 1 player which they may not get, although some may do so. The simple answer to that would be to extend the period that it takes to change regions from 24 hours to a few days. Alternatively it could be a feature that's only available with scout level 11 or 12.

The irony is that in real life it's fairly well known that some professional clubs use the Football Manager database as a tool for scouting players. I do find it rather discombobulating that a computer game can end up affecting the real game it's trying to emulate. 

Just one article as an example:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/11/02/football-managers-scouting-network-unearths-wonderkids-real/

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng holt >> tuesday july 7 - 01:22

@Numpty Wasn't Firmino scouted/discovered by the Hoffenheim director via FM?

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18