Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

National teams (17)

za Kaizer Motaung Jr >> wednesday july 22 - 03:23

I do i quit the national team thing some managers will talk nonsense inserted of asking why im no more interested i wanna quit with immediately effect 

za Kaizer Motaung Jr
User
Registered2016-02-28
cl La Unión
ua Kalle >> wednesday july 22 - 04:39

You can not quit. You are elected for the whole term. You can choose not to do anything for the national team. But you can't quit in the middle of a term

ua Kalle
User
Registered2013-06-19
nl PEC Zwolle
il Numpty >> wednesday july 22 - 07:35

"some managers will talk nonsense inserted of asking why"

Okay, here's your opportunity to explain why and any reasons for your selections.  

1. Why are they talking nonsense?

2. Why are some of your players returned with lots of fatigue?

3. Why do you want to quit?

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
bg mo >> wednesday july 22 - 12:09

well just stop killing 41 y old gk with your preferences to play both games when you can clearly choose Dybell, who you didnt even select ... If this was my players, I would be furious too!

P.S I dont have players from that country, this was just quick look.

bg mo
User
Registered2013-07-25
bg FC Smunck
ee Balthazor >> friday july 24 - 18:56

It's normal that managers ask "why...", it's your chance to explain or even demand that player must get needed attributes/training or will be out. Sometimes you need to teach some managers how to train his talent or give advices, scouting through teams to find potential future NT players and follow their adequate trainings. I have experiences with both absolute top and bottom ranked NT-s :D and mostly being in building phase, when results are not always important. I almost never cared much about interlands results, I used them for younger players experience. 

I think that most of questions you got were about forwards or keepers as mentioned already. I'd wonder too why you prefer 28yo and clearly weaker player to 25yo stronger player although I can see some possible arguements for that too. Explaining those things IS part of NT manager's job as you are only person who knows reasons of such selection.

And...I have seen much worse selections and not very long time ago and as elections showed I was not only noticer. 

ee Balthazor
User
Registered2013-12-01
ee Dünamo Tallinn
sk mega13 >> thursday november 19 - 08:28, Edited friday november 20 - 08:52

Hello,

I would like to ask a question concerning yellow cards in national matches. If a player receives the second yellow card in the last match of the Round 1 of the WC Qualifications, will he be able to play in the first match of the Round 2 of the WC Qualifications?

Thanks for your answers

mega13

sk mega13
User
Registered2013-02-07
sk FC Spartak Trnava
eng Dragontao >> thursday november 19 - 11:35

If you're overplaying players with low fatigue, then I can understand managers asking "why".

I am currently managing an NT side. Knowing the frustration of this full well, and having complained about it numerous times, for all of the NT squad I complied a list of their teams and their home match time preferences and set the times for the NT home matches based on giving the most rest time between games as possible for the players, taking into account the endurance of players in the squad. 

Difficult to do it for away matches as the times will differ depending on who the club side is playing but I do check before each NT match and tweak the teams if it appars a player will be severly impacted.

It's time consuming, but knowing just how damned frustrating it is to have some selfish clown killing your best players, especially true of goalkeepers who tend to be older, instead of using the squad (and appreciating the affect of fatigue on attributes in the first place).

It's not always possible. Sometimes the system throws up impossible schedules, sometimes the ME will screw planning up with an injury and unplanned substitution, but by and large I see it as having a responsibility to the club sides as well as the NT side. It's a two way street.

If a manager were to ask me not to play someone in a particular match because they had an important game, I'd certainly take it into consideration and try to alter my team/formation in a way that doesn't impact club or country. 

It's a shame the developer is MIA and nothing is going to change. I found a way of preventing my players being killed by the worst NT managers but was sanctioned for it. Worked out quite well because I found another footy game (I won't name it because of forum rules) which I'm enjoying as much, if not more, than RS. A lot more simplistic in terms of club building but the match viewer and tactics options are superb (with in match tactical changes, live subs, individual instructions to players, not limited to certain formations if you want any success and, importantly, a developer who still gives a damn about his game).

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Old People's Home
il Numpty >> thursday november 19 - 13:08

Ah yes, I remember your firing squad!

A bit extreme but I guess it stopped them being killed by someone else. :D

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ro eupoli >> thursday december 10 - 07:42

Quick question: for the WC Qualifications, in the final ranking of the group what is the criteria used for ranking between two teams with the same amount of points: 1. goal difference 2. direct results? 

many thanks

ro eupoli
User
Registered2013-05-23
ro AC Recas
ua Garfman >> friday december 11 - 09:23

Are you asking because of my Wales NT? ;-)

As far as I know we follow the rules of the FIFA WC Qualifiers, and those state that goal difference are the second consideration (after goals). This means that my team will have to crush Andorra to stand a chance (and Romania loses).

ua Garfman
Head community admin
Registered2013-02-08
ph Garfman FC
ro eupoli >> friday december 11 - 15:09, Edited friday december 11 - 15:20

Thanks Garfman, indeed, that was the reason - to see if I have at least a chance (an extremely small one, but a chance) :)) Anyway, strange WC Qualifiers group, it will be frustrating for any of us to stay home with 20 points. 

ro eupoli
User
Registered2013-05-23
ro AC Recas
ua Garfman >> saturday december 12 - 20:54

Commiserations, Wales was just slightly luckier in this instance. Good fight, though.

ua Garfman
Head community admin
Registered2013-02-08
ph Garfman FC
ro eupoli >> sunday december 13 - 09:57

Well Garfman good luck in the next stage, even though I think you consumed all your luck yesterday, not 'just slightly' :))

15-12 shots on goal in total, 0-0 half time, 5-0 final score - the minimum required for you to qualify. Not to mention the subs that the RS did for Andorra at half time just made it waaaay easier for you to win. But that's RS, no need to say more.

ro eupoli
User
Registered2013-05-23
ro AC Recas
il Numpty >> sunday december 13 - 10:29, Edited sunday december 13 - 10:46

The comment about the subs made me have a look at the games. 

It seems that Andorra made similar subs (both full backs) when they played Romania and lost 3-0. So how was that lucky or "waaaay easier"?

Results do have a large random element to them, especially when bots pick the team, but I see nothing here that's out of the ordinary. The aggregate scores against Andorra were Wales 7-1, Romania 6-1, and Turkey 9-1.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ro eupoli >> sunday december 13 - 10:54

Don't get me wrong Numpty, I wasn't suggesting something was incorrect or anything. But it was the last game in the group, at half time shots on goal were 7-7 and the score was 0-0. That are facts. And don't tell me that every NT team played against Andorra with setting 'Go for a big win' :)). And against Romania, Andorra played with 4 defs, not 3. I think you are experienced enough to know what that means in RS. 

So, if you consider that there was no element of luck whatsover, I respect that. Nothing more. 

ro eupoli
User
Registered2013-05-23
ro AC Recas