Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Suggestions

Allow us to treat a loaned player at our own health center if injured.. (7)

in Mr. Arpit >> thursday august 13 - 06:49

I don't know how many times this suggestion might have been asked forin the past, but seriously it doesn't make sense in the real world as well, you fly back the player back to his parent club and treat him there and bring him back rather than treating him at your own :face_palm:‍♂️ it's like he's just sitting there screaming in pain while you can't do anything, set conditions like if he is injured for more than 1 day (i.e. not treated in that time span) you can do it on your own despite you probably having a health center of a lower level than the other club

in Mr. Arpit
User
Registered2013-12-09
in Thundering Pune
eng Stephen >> thursday august 13 - 07:47

It would save having to beg loaning managers for treatment. Decent suggestion.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Dragontao >> thursday august 13 - 09:04, Edited thursday august 13 - 09:05

It would depend on the levels of the health centre. Often the borrowing club may have a lower level health centre, so healing could take longer.

Are you also taking on other factors from your own health centre, such as injury prevention, fatigue recovery.

This might not be ideal for a loaning manager if an injury occurs near the end of the season and means the player won't get the full number of XP earning games. The player might be prone to more, and longer, injuries.

The second facet to this is, if the borrowing club's own HC is used, presumably they will also be picking up the cost of healing which, with newer players from high level youth academies, could cost them an absolute fortune.

Some managers with borrowed players may not want to, or be able to, meet the healing costs, again increasing the possibility that a player won't get the full amount of XP games in.

I'm fully in favour of healing costs for loaned players being picked up by the borrowing club, it may make more managers likely to heal the players in the first place without having to have this option implemented.

Either way, the cost of healing newer players needs to be looked at. It's absolutely ridiculous and might be a much easier fix to this problem in the first place as I generally heal players automatically, unless the heal time is so short the player isn't going to miss games anyway. Though the cost of healing newer players makes me less likely to do so towards the end of the season when they've played all of their XP earning games.

I don't think either aspect will be seen as something Vincent feels he needs to do anything about though.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
il Numpty >> thursday august 13 - 09:22

Perhaps if either club could do the healing that would solve the potential issues.  

So don't change the way it currently works but add an option where the borrowing club can heal the player as well.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Dragontao >> thursday august 13 - 09:28

That solution would resolve the issue of absentee managers. As long as the person doing the healing picks up the cost. Imagine being just short of being able to upgrade a facility or, during the transfer window, being just about to bid on that player you really want, and the team borrowing your player suddenly heals him, costing you over a million quid and then not being able to bid on that player.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
il Numpty >> thursday august 13 - 09:38, Edited thursday august 13 - 09:44

Yes, of course. Whoever does the healing pays the bill.   

I may be wrong but I doubt if many borrowing clubs would want to pay. In many cases the healing costs would be greater than the original loan fees and far too expensive for the budget of a smaller club. But some will so it's a nice option for them.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Dragontao >> thursday august 13 - 16:38

That was one of my original points. Those healing costs are ridiculous now and the wrong way of taking money out of the game.

I think it was unintentional anyway, a consequence of the formula that calculates the cost of healing not being updated to take into account the higher level youth centres.

Let's face it, a broken leg costs pretty much the same to heal whether you're a donkey playing for Bolt On Wonderbras or a superstar playing for Seaburn .

With what some of the healing costs now, I'd want the player coming back from injury with a bionic leg (or in the case of some of my players, one of their left feet being replaced with a right one).

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2