Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

no goalkeeper on national team (15)

rs Miroslav Karaicic >> sunday august 23 - 10:28

https://rockingsoccer.com/sr/fudbal/info/match-18297607

Isn't this weird? No goalie on the Serbian national team for the match against Turkey. The best goalie was injured, but that is no reason to put a defender on the goal. Why wasn't this one called up https://rockingsoccer.com/sr/fudbal/info/player-1721869

The manager of the Serbian national team is from Turkey. I don't know if that is important...

rs Miroslav Karaicic
Translator
Registered2015-01-24
uy Awful >> sunday august 23 - 10:47

what a shame ! playing Quals like that, Serbian manager should be fired asap !

uy Awful
User
Registered2015-05-10
hr Internacionālā Daugava FC
ua Kalle >> sunday august 23 - 11:10

Looks like the serbian manager made a fantasy lineup.. Def af GK, def as DM... Its at least suspicious that it happens against Turkey, when the serbian manager is also from Turkey 

ua Kalle
User
Registered2013-06-19
nl PEC Zwolle
uy Awful >> sunday august 23 - 11:17

if i were a Serbian, i wanted that guy fired from Serbias NT ! you guys should report him !

uy Awful
User
Registered2015-05-10
rs Miroslav Karaicic >> sunday august 23 - 12:05

@Awful you mean to the admins? Does it matter to whom of them?

rs Miroslav Karaicic
Translator
Registered2015-01-24
ro Andrei >> sunday august 23 - 12:11
You should report it anyway.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
uy Awful >> sunday august 23 - 12:45

@Miroslav Karaicic

yes,

contact/staff/report

uy Awful
User
Registered2015-05-10
tr Mavi >> sunday august 23 - 14:57

Its odd you waited for so long to post this. I was also curious about this after I woke up later that day I asked to user. First gk was injured day before, I knew about this because I saw it while preparing my line-up. Second gk was playing that day and around 5 am that keeper is withdrawn from the team because of playoff. Now the matches are deleted from database you cant see it. Thats what happens when you ever manage national team, players in playoffs are withdrawn on weird times. This is the player. 

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-1380147

tr Mavi
Admin
Registered2013-02-14
tr Just Looking Around FC
rs Miroslav Karaicic >> sunday august 23 - 15:36

@Mavi still not a reason to put a defender on the goal. One goalkeeper was surely fit and available.

rs Miroslav Karaicic
Translator
Registered2015-01-24
tr Mavi >> sunday august 23 - 15:47

There is no gk left. Its an auto-lineup. That was my main point. System automatically places a player with highest blocking. Someone out of line-up and subs.

tr Mavi
Admin
Registered2013-02-14
tr Just Looking Around FC
il Numpty >> sunday august 23 - 15:53

The moral here is to make sure you establish all the facts before making a judgement. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
gr PMK >> sunday august 23 - 17:33

If I remember correctly, when a player is withdrawn, you have the option to call one in his place. 

gr PMK
User
Registered2013-09-20
ee Balthazor >> sunday august 23 - 18:06

Weird coincidences...Azizovic's club had first playoff match on 21st and Serbia-Turkey already on morning of 20th. He was 2nd keeper in his club at all. If lineup was set at 19th evening it would be really bad surprise to manager. 

But there is nothing suspicious in playing defender as  DM. For example Estonia has currently zero normal DM-s in shortlist, just some crap imitating them without specials trained(meanwhile we have several decent DM-s in league). Serbia has Vesic in selection, but again we don't know whether he was called up later like Dijakovic or was suspended. Stojanovski has played regularly on DM position through whole tournament and on defensive part of DM he is probably better than Vesic.

If match like this happened on first years of game it would surely lead to some changes in game. Just like in real life Stoke City has connected at least with two changes of football rules. But we all know how it is with game development.

ee Balthazor
User
Registered2013-12-01
ee Dünamo Tallinn
eng Yid >> monday august 24 - 10:17, Edited monday august 24 - 10:28

Yes PMK that is true. But if done at short notice and the manager was not online to see this he has no chance to select another player.

Play-offs and International Qualifying matches should not be played at the same time and this is a good example of why.

eng Yid
User
Registered2014-06-23
eng Tottenham Hotspur FC
gr PMK >> monday august 24 - 14:41

Yes that's really annoying 

gr PMK
User
Registered2013-09-20