Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

Winger Penalty (5)

eng Lee >> tuesday december 1 - 23:18

Does anyone know what the penalty is if a winger is played in the centre? He obviously does not receive any of the bonuses, but are his skills negatively impacted for the game?

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
tr Mavi >> wednesday december 2 - 02:22

They get negative impact yes. Probably getting same amount of penalty if plays on centre position.

tr Mavi
Admin
Registered2013-02-14
tr Just Looking Around FC
au davo >> wednesday december 2 - 12:21, Edited wednesday december 2 - 12:22

It states that a player

'Gets  a bonus of 0.25 ball passing and dueling and 1 ball blocking and speed when the player is on one of the flanks. Gets a penalty when the player is in the center.'

I have always interpreted this as relating to, not the position that the player is assigned to, but on the location of the player during the game. A winger playing LB would get a bonus making a tackle on the wing, but if he tackled in the centre he would get a penalty (the opposite of bonus, not a spot kick).

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
eng Lee >> wednesday december 2 - 13:32, Edited wednesday december 2 - 13:34

Yeah, I understand that but does anyone know how bad the penalty is?

I'm trying to figure out if it's a bad thing to play a defensive winger as a CB or DCB.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
il Numpty >> wednesday december 2 - 14:03

The description is a little ambiguous regarding the position but my interpretation is the same as Davo's. 

As for the amount of the penalty I doubt if anyone other than Vincent knows. But if you compare it with other specials it's normally the case that any penalty is less than any described benefit. So I would use that as the best guide.

As a general rule although it's not a good idea to play a defensive winger in the centre on a regular basis I would expect them to do a reasonable job if required as a backup. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets