Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

Youth recruitment (7)

ke Bahgio >> thursday january 21 - 19:21

Helooo why is it that i have set my new arrivals to be a goal keeper and all i tend to get are outfield players.... What do i need to do so that i can get what i want as a manager for my team, another season is starting and i don't have a young goalkeeper this is not fair.... Then there is a time i tried training a defender to be a stiker... It never worked... What might be the problem here please.... Its irritating my nerves 

ke Bahgio
User
Registered2018-07-24
il Numpty >> thursday january 21 - 20:01, Edited thursday january 21 - 20:05

Your latest player, Shehu Sankara, is a goalkeeper. 

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-2288145

Look at his position experience.

Goalkeeping is 187. Attack, Midfield and Defence are all zero. 

Just train his Blocking and play him in goal and he'll be called a keeper very shortly. Previous youths were probably keepers as well you just didn't realise. The point is that young players can be trained for any position you like but the initial position experience reflects the position that you asked for. 

There should be an FAQ for this as it comes up all the time.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ua Good bye >> friday january 22 - 13:32

It took me feel months to understand that I can train my new youth player to any position I wanted.

What I mean is that, if I want a GK and my youth center develop a ST this won't be a problem to me as I won't train the new player ( ST ) as one but I will train him as a GK. 

This is just a simple fact. 

ua Good bye
Registered2020-09-15
ke Bahgio >> saturday january 23 - 21:29

The thing is that i once trained a player from a defender to a striker but it didn't work he was still referred to a defender that got me confused..... I need if i train a player to play in a certain position everything to change to that particular position 

ke Bahgio
User
Registered2018-07-24
ua Good bye >> saturday january 23 - 22:02

Everything won't change if only you aren't training him on the exact position you want.

For example, if you having a striker already that has been trained so and you wanted to switch him to be as a midfield then you have to train him as a midfield with the points he get from matches. It won't be easy for old players but young players will benefit more from that.

ua Good bye
Registered2020-09-15
il Numpty >> saturday january 23 - 22:07, Edited saturday january 23 - 22:24

I'm guessing that you are referring to position training.

It does work but probably not the way that you think. You need to read the detail carefully: 

Position training

• You can train one of your players to play on a different position. When this training is completed, one third of the position-points of this player will be removed and added to the selected position. In addition, 5 points on all the trainable skills will be untrained and converted back to experience points. You will be able to use this experience to retrain your player in other trainable skills.

As you can see it does 2 things:

1. it retrains some of the position experience
  2. it converts some of the trainable skills back to experience points

If you do this on a very young player with little position experience to retrain and little or no trainable skills then it has very little effect so it's a waste. 

It does not turn a young defender into a striker. All you need to do is train his Scoring and play him as a forward. 

How the game decides a player's position  

This is how it works. The game calculates the player's star value in each of the 4 positions from his trainable skills, fixed skills and position experience. Whichever position gets the highest star rating is the position that the game says he is currently more suitable for. 

For example, if you have a young player who the game calculates as being Keeper 0.60, Defender 0.65, Midfield 0.70, Forward 0.55 then the game will call him a midfielder because that is the highest value. As you start training any of the other main skills then his position will quickly change. So if you train Blocking then once his Keeper rating exceeds 0.70 then he will be called a Keeper. 

So it's best to simply ignore the position that the game rather arbitrarily assigns to very young players. Just train them how you like and play them where you want and their preferred position will change accordingly. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ua Good bye >> sunday january 24 - 02:32

Thank you @numpty

ua Good bye
Registered2020-09-15